ETHEREUM

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: ETHEREUM

Postby Long John » Wed Jun 28, 2017

silverpv wrote:Yeah doesn't look like it's done yet. I have sell orders on eth set at 0.15 to btc for a handful. It's hard to say which direction it'll go though. $90 swings overnight is a traders dream though

You're more optimistic than I am. It did get over .145 at the peak, I think, but I am not holding out for that. Currently it's about .117 and I set small sell orders at .130 and .135. Even that I'm not confident will hit. You have to think the market will smarten up after a crash... but actually it seems to like the wild swings. More quick money to be made that way.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed Jun 28, 2017

Long John wrote:
silverpv wrote:Yeah doesn't look like it's done yet. I have sell orders on eth set at 0.15 to btc for a handful. It's hard to say which direction it'll go though. $90 swings overnight is a traders dream though

You're more optimistic than I am. It did get over .145 at the peak, I think, but I am not holding out for that. Currently it's about .117 and I set small sell orders at .130 and .135. Even that I'm not confident will hit. You have to think the market will smarten up after a crash... but actually it seems to like the wild swings. More quick money to be made that way.

I also have buys @ $1 for eth. I leave some stuff on the exchanges, and given what's happened a couple times, i'm setup and going to leave it there. I still have other orders inbetween, but setup extreme ones just incase we see stuff like last week. .13-135 is definitely more realistic.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

silverpv wrote:I also have buys @ $1 for eth. I leave some stuff on the exchanges, and given what's happened a couple times, i'm setup and going to leave it there.

The only place that happened was GDAX, not sure if others (I am mostly Bittrex) have safeguards against that. The thing about the flash crash is that GDAX/Coinbase bailed out its customers who got pulled down into the abyss... but it also let those who bought ETH for cheaper than the price of a candy bar keep their purchases. Not sure I understand the logic there: either you play by the rules or you don't. I guess they figured the PR would be so bad that it was cheaper to let people with margin calls have a mulligan. Now what if some of those people ALSO bought ETH down in the depths? They get back the ETH they lost, plus they get a bunch of super-cheap ETH to boot. Anyway, I assume GDAX is putting some mechanism in place to prevent that from happening again.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed Jun 28, 2017

Long John wrote:
silverpv wrote:I also have buys @ $1 for eth. I leave some stuff on the exchanges, and given what's happened a couple times, i'm setup and going to leave it there.

The only place that happened was GDAX, not sure if others (I am mostly Bittrex) have safeguards against that. The thing about the flash crash is that GDAX/Coinbase bailed out its customers who got pulled down into the abyss... but it also let those who bought ETH for cheaper than the price of a candy bar keep their purchases. Not sure I understand the logic there: either you play by the rules or you don't. I guess they figured the PR would be so bad that it was cheaper to let people with margin calls have a mulligan. Now what if some of those people ALSO bought ETH down in the depths? They get back the ETH they lost, plus they get a bunch of super-cheap ETH to boot. Anyway, I assume GDAX is putting some mechanism in place to prevent that from happening again.

Yeah, that's the thought, but it's happened on poloniex as well, just not as low. If i need the funds i'll cancel the order, otherwise perhaps another hail mary. If it doesn't play out, no worries. It's not much, $250. Yes, ultimately it was a huge marketing expense, which is likely to be one time.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 28, 2017

ETH going gangbusters. You bought the dip right?

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Wed Jun 28, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:ETH going gangbusters. You bought the dip right?

Wake me up when it's over $400 :kitty:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 28, 2017

texmex66 wrote:

Wake me up when it's over $400 :kitty:

Alarm set! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Wed Jun 28, 2017

I'm going to stack cash on Coinbase or GDAX and be ready for the next drop and there will be, I'm positive of that. :D
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Well, bought as in converted some stored BTC into ETH. I didn't pour more cash into it. Yes, I bought near the bottom, $220 or $230, in that range. Pretty soon I'll probably convert some back to Bitcoin and other things. Too many eggs in one basket.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Wed Jun 28, 2017

Looks like my call from about a week ago wasn't so bad.

(even a blind squirrel finds it's nuts once in a while :oops: )

dae2dae
Gold Jester

Postby dae2dae » Tue Jul 11, 2017

so is the pump and dump on eth done now?
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

Altima

Postby Altima » Tue Jul 11, 2017

dae2dae wrote:so is the pump and dump on eth done now?

Anybody's guess. But I doubt the pump is over. Will revisit this quote at the end of the year.

Hopefully by then gold and silver does something too :lol:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Jul 13, 2017

Back on the Fourth of July I posed in another thread about a decision to sell most of my Ethereum.

http://bullionstacker.com/viewtopic.php ... 80#p537755

There was no technical analysis behind it, just an uneasy feeling that things weren't adding up, and that I was holding too much. I believe there are parts of our brains that make calculations we non-geniuses aren't even conscious of, and the results manifest themselves as gut feelings. Don't blindly trust your gut, but listen to it.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Aug 01, 2017

Proves what I've been saying all along. I've broken my foot, haven't been able to get online. Read the first sentence.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-31/secs-ruling-icos-are-securities-proves-bitcoin-has-staying-power
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed Aug 09, 2017

Sharing this article of why Koreans like ethereum. Interesting read. It's a global thing not just US

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elainerami ... ereum/amp/

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Fri Aug 18, 2017

Hey guys maybe wrong forum. but does anyone want to sell me like 1 ETH or like $350 worth of eth.
just looking to trade it for some Alts :angel:

I can pay via PPG from canada.

Thanks.

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Tue Aug 29, 2017

whats your guy's thoughts on ethereum classic? seems like a tempting buy!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Sep 10, 2017

September 18th is the next major milestone date for Ethereum. ETH has taken a bit of a backseat for me with NEO, Qtum, Tezos & EOS in the forefront, but make no mistake - it is still the big player in the DAPP space.

https://www.coindesk.com/metropolis-ahead-ethereum-developers-set-september-date-testnet-launch/

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Tue Oct 03, 2017

Coinbase under investigation of manipulating ether during flash crash in June. :pop:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/followin ... in-trading

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Tue Oct 03, 2017

texmex66 wrote:Coinbase under investigation of manipulating ether during flash crash in June. :pop:

Cookies taste good; don't get caught "hand in jar."
Very interested to see how the SEC deals with all this.
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Wells Fargo SurePay, Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

Return to “Bitcoin”