ETHEREUM

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: ETHEREUM $300+

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Jun 12, 2017

silverpv wrote:Ahh.. this is insane...

Maybe it isn't so insane (well, maybe the alts are). Consider this...

Perhaps 1% of the population has heard of Bitcoin and owns some. Maybe 4% have heard of it, but have decided not to play OR are still trying to justify buying some.

The other 95% of the population doesn't have a clue about Bitcoin or any of the others.

I choose Bitcoin for this example because of 2 reasons. It has been around the longest, and has had far more media attention than all of the rest (WSJ, CNBC, MatketWatch, USA Today, Forbes, Fortune).
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Postby silverbender » Mon Jun 12, 2017

ETH token ICOs .if you want to buy in you have to pay the price for FOMO woosh spontaneous combustion.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Reached as high as $415 (was $425 based on BTC/USD) overnight and now sits at $387 $399. It almost touched 0.15 BTC! Surely this madness must end with a retrace to some sane number. At this point I am not sure what that would be.

Ethereum Classic has not followed the same trajectory. I have been shifting some resources (not from ETH) into ETC on the rationale that Ethereum's boom must pull the fork along at some point.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Contrarian view on Ethereum: https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/i-was-wr ... 4c9a906d36

I personally don't see ETH taking a significant dip anytime before the bitcoin BIP148 upgrade on August 1st. After that, it could be a rocky road.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:I personally don't see ETH taking a significant dip anytime before the bitcoin BIP148 upgrade on August 1st. After that, it could be a rocky road.

And not only for Ethereum.

An interesting column. It's good to keep such warnings in mind, be open to the ideas behind them. It seems like, with these convictions, he could/should have issued these warnings in March, April, May... Perhaps he did.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:Contrarian view on Ethereum: https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/i-was-wr ... 4c9a906d36

I think that WhalePanda has pretty much stated the Bear case on Ethereum. I've been reading reading his posts for several years.

Altima

Postby Altima » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Contrarian view on Ethereum: https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/i-was-wr ... 4c9a906d36

I think that WhalePanda has pretty much stated the Bear case on Ethereum. I've been reading reading his posts for several years.

I wonder if he would had said the same thing if he was fully invested in ETH earlier this year.

Just saying that everyone has their own agenda, whether they like to admit it or not. :pop:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:
silverpv wrote:Ahh.. this is insane...

Maybe it isn't so insane (well, maybe the alts are). Consider this...

Perhaps 1% of the population has heard of Bitcoin and owns some. Maybe 4% have heard of it, but have decided not to play OR are still trying to justify buying some.

The other 95% of the population doesn't have a clue about Bitcoin or any of the others.

I choose Bitcoin for this example because of 2 reasons. It has been around the longest, and has had far more media attention than all of the rest (WSJ, CNBC, MatketWatch, USA Today, Forbes, Fortune).

More power to you! We're all making $$ in this environment and a ton of jobs are being created. Manufacturing jobs aren't the ones coming back. All these companies that are doing ICO's are hiring! It's good until its not, but this is the new industry moving forward. It's too bad, the US is not the driver. As far as the population getting informed, that's good for all of us. BTC or ETH.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:I think that WhalePanda has pretty much stated the Bear case on Ethereum. I've been reading reading his posts for several years.

Altima wrote: I wonder if he would had said the same thing if he was fully invested in ETH earlier this year.

Doubtful. He's been in crypto for many years.

Altima wrote:Just saying that everyone has their own agenda, whether they like to admit it or not. :pop:

He does have an agenda, which is to caution his readers about the "lack of utility" with Ethereum, it's currently over-valued, and the motives and actions of the principals involved.

He has no personal axe to grind against Ethereum, he is pointing out a number of things that a lot of "late-comers" to Ethereum don't seem to understand.

If you reread his comments about the utility of Ethereum, and the ethics actions of the principals, it sounds like a lot of the same things I've been saying for the past 6 months.

He is just another Bear.
Last edited by Bucketeer on Mon Jun 12, 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

The correction is upon us. Now where will the new support be.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Darn I transferred earlier today all my ETH from my Trezor to Coinbase as I was going to do a switcherro but now I'm locked out. Lol I hope my ETH are there when I head back. Lol

Bitcoin safe on my Trezor.
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Mon Jun 12, 2017

I played my hand at trading today, after a long time, had 5 ETH at an exchange. Ended up with 5.75 at the end of it. Not too bad.

I don't normally trade anymore, but felt like I could make a bit of ETH.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Long John wrote:The correction is upon us. Now where will the new support be.

On March 15th Bitcoin was in the $900 price range. Less than 3 months later, it was over $3000.
Ethereum is up more than $200.

What correction?

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Just sold all my ETH and waiting to get back in to buy BTC so we will see if it was a shrewd move or not. I really believe we haven't seen the bottom yet. Heck I'm learning a lot on here

Image Image Image

Long John
Turtle Supporter

I dunno, Chariie, it's back in the $380s. Hope you didn't sell the dip!

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Nah! I have confidence Lol We shall see. Lol

Image Image Image

Altima

Postby Altima » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Hmm but Cliff said Eth will test $500 :lol:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Altima wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

I wonder if he would had said the same thing if he was fully invested in ETH earlier this year.

Just saying that everyone has their own agenda, whether they like to admit it or not. :pop:

I just read this article and also agree with many of the points of WhalePanda. I came to many of the same conclusions when I was researching Ethereum which i've mentioned here and there. The question is really when the implosion will happen. The main points I agree with are:

• Smart contracts are mostly token sales rather than services
  • Investors are mainly speculators rather than users
  • The upcoming hardfork can potentially split to ETC, ETH (PoS), ETW (those who stay on PoW)
  • Too much money for startups. $15 million is a lot to come up with proof of concept or MVP. Anything greater is uneccessary risk for investors. It's nice to sit on a war chest if you got something, but irresponsible if it doesn't fly.
  • Other than Vlad, Ethereum revolves around Vitalik.
  • Better to build a mvp and then do ico rather than what's happening now.
  • A couple of Snafu's can really send things to the floor. DAO type attack on smart contracts, fly-by-night ICO's, etc.
  • Scalability isn't as great as its represented, as seen by the network bogging down there's a popular ICO

The article is actually a solid representation of the risks that I see with the framework. I do like another project because it addresses some of these issues, but the other project also has its own issues. At this point, theres a lot that will change and one of the main reasons I prefer hybrid to pure blockchain.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

silverpv wrote:I just read this article and also agree with many of the points of WhalePanda. I came to many of the same conclusions when I was researching Ethereum which i've mentioned here and there. The question is really when the implosion will happen. The main points I agree with are:

• Smart contracts are mostly token sales rather than services
  • Investors are mainly speculators rather than users
  • The upcoming hardfork can potentially split to ETC, ETH (PoS), ETW (those who stay on PoW)
  • Too much money for startups. $15 million is a lot to come up with proof of concept or MVP. Anything greater is uneccessary risk for investors. It's nice to sit on a war chest if you got something, but irresponsible if it doesn't fly.
  • Other than Vlad, Ethereum revolves around Vitalik.
  • Better to build a mvp and then do ico rather than what's happening now.
  • A couple of Snafu's can really send things to the floor. DAO type attack on smart contracts, fly-by-night ICO's, etc.
  • Scalability isn't as great as its represented, as seen by the network bogging down there's a popular ICO

The article is actually a solid representation of the risks that I see with the framework. I do like another project because it addresses some of these issues, but the other project also has its own issues. At this point, theres a lot that will change and one of the main reasons I prefer hybrid to pure blockchain.

Well-stated, and WhalePanda didn't even mention the fact that Ethereum (and most ICO's) fail all 4 prongs of the Howey Test. Before some of you guys start asking me to explain SEC vs Howey, try using Google to educate yourselves

For those of you who apparently cannot figure out how to use Google, here's a link with a superficial explanation.

http://consumer.findlaw.com/securities-law/what-is-the-howey-test.html

Note - The Howey Test generally applies only for the initial investors, not the secondary tiers.

Fusion

Postby Fusion » Mon Jun 12, 2017

Have y'all seen this?
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/singapo ... lockchain/

R3 is making waves big time
Guns kill people the same way pencils misspell wurds.

ImageImageImage

Return to “Bitcoin”