ETHEREUM

Long John
Turtle Supporter

ETHEREUM

Postby Long John » Mon May 22, 2017

It seems about time for Ethereum to have its own thread. Until this morning I only had 25, but I am swept up. So I sold all of my Litecoin while it was still a net gain, spent half of the proceeds on ETH, tucking the other half away in the BTC wallet. ETH is scary expensive compared to a week ago, but if I think in terms of what I paid for the Litecoin, it made a lot of sense. Blunts some of the sticker shock.

It was an impulsive act, one which I would have argued against someone else doing. But I did it. DON'T DO WHAT I DID. It was a gut feeling rather than a carefully calculated move. It was a classic FOMO (fear of missing out) moment. I felt ETH was taking the BTC path to glory (for different reasons) and didn't want to sit by with a small stake in its success.

Anyway, Ethereum has a thread here at BS, so that is a sure guarantee of 2damoon. :lol: And I am all in, which is a sure guarantee of.... um, 2damoon also! Yes. And LTC will kick my azz for jumping ship. Sorry, ETH's siren call was too strong.
Last edited by Long John on Thu Jun 15, 2017, edited 2 times in total.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: ETHEREUM

Postby SilverDoge » Mon May 22, 2017

For anyone who wants to get into the crypto space and keep it simple, I would say 1) buy ethereum, 2) buy bitcoin in perhaps a 60/40 split and then don't touch it. I know there are downsides to Ether, but the upsides are so much greater. Heck, even ETC has been growing like a weed.

Thanks for starting this thread LJ. I wanted to see one, but didn't want to take on all the blame for starting every new crypto thread. ;)

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Postby silverbender » Mon May 22, 2017

Long John wrote:It seems about time for Ethereum to have its own thread. Until this morning I only had 25, but I am swept up. So I sold all of my Litecoin while it was still a net gain, spent half of the proceeds on ETH, tucking the other half away in the BTC wallet. ETH is scary expensive compared to a week ago, but if I think in terms of what I paid for the Litecoin, it made a lot of sense. Blunts some of the sticker shock.

It was an impulsive act, one which I would have argued against someone else doing. But I did it. DON'T DO WHAT I DID. It was a gut feeling rather than a carefully calculated move. It was a classic FOMO (fear of missing out) moment. I felt ETH was taking the BTC path to glory (for different reasons) and didn't want to sit by with a small stake in its success.

Anyway, Ethereum has a thread here at BS, so that is a sure guarantee of 2damoon. :lol: And I am all in, which is a sure guarantee of.... um, 2damoon also! Yes. And LTC will kick my azz for jumping ship. Sorry, ETH's siren call was too strong.
I was perverse last night and bought the news and sold the news. I could have gotten to 177 but was waiting for STR or LTC to drop and LTCs tight price range variation and the increased volume my war chest could buy would return a lot more profit with less risk.
ETH
Buy 146 sell 157.
buy 154.78 sell 166.75
Then LTC
buy 21.43 sell ?

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon May 22, 2017

Ethereum........the sweetest lie ever told.

Make some money guys, Ether is hot right now. I own it too - 31 cents per token. Do you think I really care?

Those among us (just me and 11,000 other) original investors are waiting for a class action lawsuit for securities fraud against the Ethereum Foundation. Maybe our day will come. If the price keeps rising, the lawyers will get interested.

Vitalik has lied numerous times, and has admitted it.

Don't forget the 5 hard forks.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:Ethereum........the sweetest lie ever told.

Make some money guys, Ether is hot right now. I own it too - 31 cents per token. Do you think I really care?

Those among us (just me and 11,000 other) original investors are waiting for a class action lawsuit for securities fraud against the Ethereum Foundation. Maybe our day will come. If the price keeps rising, the lawyers will get interested.

Vitalik has lied numerous times, and has admitted it.

Don't forget the 5 hard forks.

Suing him for making you wealthy?

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Vitalik promoted numerous lies about Ethereum. I got lucky. Me, and the original investors are still angry. Time will tell. If the SEC is looking for a whipping boy for crypto, this is it.

Yeah, we made money, so what? We took the risk and bought his lies.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

If any of the cryptos are in a bubble, it is Ether.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Mon May 22, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Vitalik promoted numerous lies about Ethereum. I got lucky. Me, and the original investors are still angry. Time will tell. If the SEC is looking for a whipping boy for crypto, this is it.

What lies are you referring to? I'm not sure what qualifies but curious about your interpretation.

i'm building a small reputation app on ethereum. Similar to the feedback system here but using tokens. The wallet being a global id, for a universal reputation.

https://ikeo.io

0x879eb9ed4d15e1655106c802979fe6f151091101

Plug in this wallet info. I'm building out the logic. Any input would be appreciated. Here's more detail about how it might work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoBugs/com ... _thoughts/
Last edited by silverpv on Mon May 22, 2017, edited 2 times in total.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:Vitalik promoted numerous lies about Ethereum. I got lucky. Me, and the original investors are still angry. Time will tell. If the SEC is looking for a whipping boy for crypto, this is it.

Care to elaborate for the crowd? Watching an asset go from 31 cents to $175 and being that upset has to be worth a story.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Too long to elaborate....the history is out there. The original investors were sold something that never happened. The fact that Ether took off doesn't matter. They lied, and the money doesn't matter. We bought into an idea.

I said before. Ether is the sweetest lie ever told. 5 Hard forks and the DAO?
Last edited by Bucketeer on Mon May 22, 2017, edited 3 times in total.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:Too long to elaborate....the history is out there.

Bullet points are ok. I'm just not sure what you would classify as a 'lie'. These days lots of alt-facts, lol. :lol:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Yeah well....Ether was the "first" important alt-coin.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Mon May 22, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Yeah well....Ether was the "first" important alt-coin.

Are you saying that we should be aware and get out of ETH? as it may implode in your opinion?
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Totally agree we did buy into an idea. ETH definitely has some very considerable limitations, also it is difficult to get people to use it or get used to the idea of using tokens for a service.

I found out a few of those testing the blockchain. Going full blockchain is going to be difficult and while the DAO or DAPPS are nice in theory, it is very difficult to build without making mistakes. I think hybrids will come first to the mainstream while the early adopters and techno savvy will try the ETH blockchain specifically. As the expertise increases with developers making the mistakes now, will lead to improved engineering down the line.

For now, its just hype. There are no businesses making money. Consumers aren't buying into it just yet for the services ethereum is supposed to bring, ie: not using ethereum or tokens. People are hoarding ether and trading as a speculation play.

A difference I think is important to consider is that, the entire world is involved with the uprise of this tech. In the dot bomb, it was primarily banks, large US investors, etc. manipulating the markets and driving the market. Consumers got hit, the question is is this power by consumers or are large organizations buying in? If this gets to the point where there can be naked shorts, it would be scary. Otherwise, I think this is a little different. I'm still treading carefully though. Not all in but still intrigued by all of this.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Marchas45 wrote:

Are you saying that we should be aware and get out of ETH? as it may implode in your opinion?

No.

I never implied that. Most investors have been well-rewarded. The original investors were "purists". We believed the founders, and we were sold a pack of lies. We also made money, regardless of the lies and limitations. I'm holding my Ether.

I said in the original ail-coin topic that alt-coins were sh*tcoins. Ether was lucky, despite all of the lies and hard forks.

The history is out there if you want the details.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

silverpv wrote:Totally agree we did buy into an idea.

You're late to the game. I'm talking about the original buyers.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

I'm done in this topic. I was in Ethereum from the the beginning. I've vented my opinion and I'm done. Good luck to all, Ethereum has a bright financial future.

: radio silence :

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:
silverpv wrote:Totally agree we did buy into an idea.

You're late to the game. I'm talking about the original buyers.

True, but it is still an idea that is maturing. Buyers now are still buying into the promises/ideas of Ethereum. There's not many actual instances of real business models, most of which are still in idea/implementation phase. Unless the blockchain itself is not meeting expectations. This is where it helps if you bullet point what you are talking about. Making assumptions and inference is difficult when statements are broad.

My understanding was the promises were all these DAO's adn DAPP's were promised and haven't come to fruition, its all still in progress. What has happened is ETH turned into a 'currency' even though its not 'supposed' to be, though it 'can' be.

I'm ok with being late though, its still early.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:I'm done in this topic. I was in Ethereum from the the beginning. I've vented my opinion and I'm done. Good luck to all, Ethereum has a bright financial future.

: radio silence :

The topic just started! Your contrarian position adds value to the thread. It's good to discuss for us newbies.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:

No.

I never implied that. Most investors have been well-rewarded. The original investors were "purists". We believed the founders, and we were sold a pack of lies. We also made money, regardless of the lies and limitations. I'm holding my Ether.

I said in the original ail-coin topic that alt-coins were sh*tcoins. Ether was lucky, despite all of the lies and hard forks.

The history is out there if you want the details.

Tom has provided us with mystery and intrigue on ETH and were only on the first page of the thread ;)

I mean Vitalik was a 19 year old kid, so perhaps you're being a bit harsh? Sure seems like ETH is the next evolution in crypto, but the next competitor could be right around the corner as usual.

Return to “Bitcoin”