SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin BAT

Postby SilverDoge » Wed May 31, 2017

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed May 31, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:So enter this address into the "address" box according to the steps in the guide: 0x0D8775F648430679A709E98d2b0Cb6250d2887EF

Yes, but there is also a token symbol box, with this cryptic instruction in the guide:
In the “Token Symbol” field add the smart contract address.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Wed May 31, 2017

How long does it normally take for a transaction to complete? MyEtherWallet says the transaction was sent to the blockchain, but my ETH and BAT balances have not changed.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Well it's over. I got nothing.

This lasted about 3-5 minutes (or less).

https://etherscan.io/address/0x0D8775F6 ... 250d2887EF - final stats

https://etherscan.io/txs?a=0x0D8775F648 ... order=desc - 5 big buyers

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Wed May 31, 2017

I guess it's safe to assume I got nothing then :lol:

My first time trying to send ETH to a smart contract. I submitted it as soon as the required block hit on https://ethstats.net/, but I guess I needed more gas, and there are probably ways to automatically execute instead of waiting for what is probably slightly delayed data to show on sites like ethstats and then manually submit the transaction?

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Oh well. If/when it hits Bittrex I'll look at it again. Silver lining: Our Ether is $232.

I decided to put in a small buy, and it even generated a TX address, but there was nothing there.

I wonder if those who used Parity for an advance send were shut out, too.
Last edited by Long John on Wed May 31, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Altima

Postby Altima » Wed May 31, 2017

What a waste of time and effort. Good news is I still have my ETH to spend on other things :lol:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Long John
Turtle Supporter

I imagine there will be a hot time of it in the slack, if 5 whales grabbed the whole thing.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Wed May 31, 2017

Same here, guy nothing. Damn bots

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed May 31, 2017

that was anticlimactic

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Of course one could refuse to buy on the exchanges until it hits the release price, or less. That happens all the time after ICOs.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:Of course one could refuse to buy on the exchanges until it hits the release price, or less. That happens all the time after ICOs.

Yeah, this will get interesting. Curious to see who starts listing it first.

Altima

"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed May 31, 2017

ha ha
ok, not so much
just read all 4 pages of this BAT coin coming out party
this thread is a very very easy example of why crypto's will be scaling a mountain for a very long time.
an average person can buy an initial public offering of a company wanting to be publicly traded.

I would need to read up for hours/days before I could do anything with newly issued coins/tokens.
Even then, I'd still likely have to turn to a pro like silverdoge for help, probably over a phone call :o

This reeks of insider only parties when I was in the private equity biz.
The average person has no chance of picking the right new crypto coin that could turn into the next btc.
One huge crapshoot and it all still depends upon the internet being up and running.

I will keep researching the PIVX coin while planning a very long call to silverdoge :oops: :lol:
6 hours later.....'john, I really really gotta go!' No, no I say, Only a couple dozen further questions, I'm sure your dinner will be there later :mrgreen:
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed May 31, 2017

To fabios point.. There are some traders who recommended using [ block - 1 ] in the formula for the bot even going as low as [ n - 2 ] to initiate the transaction, -2 runs the risk of going too early -1 might be too slow. More than 5 people were able to get in.

Here's the contract chain of successful purchases and the amount. Starting at page 191 to 193. The amounts are pretty large but some small ones made it in too.

https://etherscan.io/txs?a=0x0d8775f648 ... 87ef&p=191

https://etherscan.io/txs?a=0x0d8775f648 ... 87ef&p=195

It keeps moving down, so just hit next. People are still sending money to the contract address so the list is still getting longer and longer.

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Postby silverbender » Wed May 31, 2017

What was the final price ?
How many BAT for 1 ETH

Altima

silverbender wrote:What was the final price ?
How many BAT for 1 ETH

Should have been 1 ETH to 6400 BAT tokens.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

It is now trading at 4 times the ICO release price on the liqui.io exchange.

I guess that $2,000 transaction cost was worth it for the big player(s).

I've been involved in more than 4 ICO's now and this was the craziest by far. It is better to have uncapped ICOs and just make it open for 2 weeks with a 20% bonus for the first couple days to incentivize early action. This one was over before it began for the small guys like us.

I am in no hurry to purchase BAT at 4 times ICO cost at this point. I will wait it out and see how it goes and look at other ventures.

Altima

Yeap. I saw it being listed on Liqui as I have my eyes on some other coins there.

But I will admit, I bought 1000 BAT cos I had some spare xbt there. If there's any indication as to how Gnosis went (people paid 30 USD per token, and look where the price is now), I might regret buying at this inflated price. :lol:

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Postby silverbender » Wed May 31, 2017

Altima wrote:Yeap. I saw it being listed on Liqui as I have my eyes on some other coins there.

But I will admit, I bought 1000 BAT cos I had some spare xbt there. If there's any indication as to how Gnosis went (people paid 30 USD per token, and look where the price is now), I might regret buying at this inflated price. :lol:

I never believed in Gnosis ,placing bets on issues/outcomes.I thought maybe sports betting or what color dress someone wore at the Acadamey Awards.It seem like crypto nerds would not be wagering eth but maybe off in the future common folk would. But I guessed that would be pretty far in the future and Gnosis dominance 5 years from now is priced in .

It re inforces that know one really has a clue what will go up and for how long.Alot of people swore everybody who bought the ico would be crying. Maybe the guy holding at $252 will be crying or rich in this world the outcome is 50/50 lol

Return to “Bitcoin”