Alt-Coin BAT

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin BAT

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Aug 11, 2017

Fabio wrote:Looks like the BAT is flying high today, any news? Or all you guys are paying all the attention to NEO?

BAT had to go, I needed more NEO.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Aug 11, 2017

Fabio wrote:Looks like the BAT is flying high today, any news? Or all you guys are paying all the attention to NEO?

"High" is relative. High relative to where it's been mired recently, yes. I don't know if anyone is in the black on this one, other than the whales who blocked out everyone else from the ICO. For me, BAT had to go sometime back.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Fri Aug 11, 2017

I have over 4300 and I bought in at 0.00012850 so I'm long on these suckers, no more for me. By the way John, I'm learning a lot just buying, selling and making a few coins, feels good just making a few coins trading and not worrying about these coins. :lol:
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Aug 11, 2017

The thing about you Charlie... win or lose, you're laughing either way. I find it hard to laugh when I lose, so I admire that in a person. Hats off.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Fri Sep 01, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:

Sold mine last week and now she's going again. You guys want me to sell my neo so it can start flying high again? :lol:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Sep 01, 2017

Fabio wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

Sold mine last week and now she's going again. You guys want me to sell my neo so it can start flying high again? :lol:

Yes please :lol:

I think BAT is now back over where some of our first guys got into it around $0.30, right after the ICO. I still believe in the concept of BAT and use the Brave browser on mobile (which works wonderfully) but I don't have a position anymore.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Fri Sep 01, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:Travis, you've raised all of the good points, but from my prospective, it is still a weak case story. Good luck.

Those darn bitcoin purists ;)

In less than 24 hours here are my Brave "stats"

Brave.png

Switched to Brave from firefox on monday and loving it. How does one go about acquiring BAT? I'm sorry for such a basic question that's probably been covered.
Payments accepted via Paypal (no fee or add 2.9%), Check, USPS MO, or Cash (Item will ship when funds are received)

Check out my eBay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/barsandstars/m.html

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

BarsandStars wrote:Switched to Brave from firefox on monday and loving it. How does one go about acquiring BAT? I'm sorry for such a basic question that's probably been covered.

See this: https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/basic-attention-token/#markets

The primary market is Bittrex (my favorite exchange). You need to create an account to buy BAT there. But you need bitcoin first to get BAT. My preferred exchange to get bitcoin is Coinbase/GDAX. Kraken & Gemini also work for getting bitcoin.

Once you have bitcoin, you can trade it for BAT on the Bittrex exchange.

Of course, once the BAT token and platform is fully live, you can earn BAT by watching ads on the network, instead of just blocking them all. But the beauty is you get the option either way as the user what you'd like to do.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Fri Sep 01, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:Switched to Brave from firefox on monday and loving it. How does one go about acquiring BAT? I'm sorry for such a basic question that's probably been covered.

The primary market is Bittrex (my favorite exchange). You need to create an account to buy BAT there. But you need bitcoin first to get BAT. My preferred exchange to get bitcoin is Coinbase/GDAX. Kraken & Gemini also work for getting bitcoin.

Of course, once the BAT token and platform is fully live, you can earn BAT by watching ads on the network, instead of just blocking them all. But the beauty is you get the option either way as the user what you'd like to do.

Sorry but one more question. I opened a coinbase account several months ago when you started discussing PIVX, but I just never actually funded it. (totally chickened out) Then when the btc fork was being talked about, I got an email from coinbase that scared me even more. The way I read it was basically after the fork, they weren't going to give you the btc cash or something to that effect. Anyway, I still have the coinbase account, just need to fund it. My question is, do you incur transaction costs to buy btc on coinbase, only to transfer to bittrex, which you then have to turn around and use to buy BAT? Can you just open a bittrex account and buy the btc there, to then use to buy BAT? Are there other options such as buying ETH and using that to buy BAT?

I'm so lost trying to make sense of this stuff and don't want to blindly throw money in thinking i'm going to get rich overnight.
Payments accepted via Paypal (no fee or add 2.9%), Check, USPS MO, or Cash (Item will ship when funds are received)

Check out my eBay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/barsandstars/m.html

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

BarsandStars wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

Sorry but one more question. I opened a coinbase account several months ago when you started discussing PIVX, but I just never actually funded it. (totally chickened out) Then when the btc fork was being talked about, I got an email from coinbase that scared me even more. The way I read it was basically after the fork, they weren't going to give you the btc cash or something to that effect. Anyway, I still have the coinbase account, just need to fund it. My question is, do you incur transaction costs to buy btc on coinbase, only to transfer to bittrex, which you then have to turn around and use to buy BAT? Can you just open a bittrex account and buy the btc there, to then use to buy BAT? Are there other options such as buying ETH and using that to buy BAT?

I'm so lost trying to make sense of this stuff and don't want to blindly throw money in thinking i'm going to get rich overnight.

Questions are okay, no worries. You will pay fees both when buying, and then transferring bitcoin out of Coinbase/GDAX. Coinbase has "changed course" about the Bitcoin Cash fork, and will give their customers the BCC, however it won't happen anytime soon. Next year if I remember right.

Anyway, Bittrex doesn't currently support direct fiat to bitcoin services. Coinbase/GDAX does, but they only trade in BTC/LTC/ETH currently. You can use Kraken, and they have more tokens to choose from - but not BAT. Same with Gemini. But it is good practice to deal with several exchanges and transfer different coins around. It increases familiarity and gives you more confidence in the system & processes the more you do. You could also buy ETH direct from Coinbase, transfer that to Bittrex and buy BAT with ETH because there is an ETH/BAT pairing. The volume is lower for the ETH pairing though. This becomes more about personal preference, and one's frame of pricing reference. I prefer the bitcoin pricing references because that is what I'm most familiar with and what I use, but some others prefer ETH.

When I owned BAT, I stored it at MEW (myetherwallet.com) which is a convenient wallet service. The most secure way to do that is via a hardware wallet like a trezor or ledger in conjunction with MEW.

Return to “Bitcoin”