Alt-coin Qtum

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-coin Qtum

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jul 10, 2017

Interesting announcement from the Quantum team that was a bit unexpected:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1720632.msg20044376#msg20044376

Qtum Tokens Announcement
July 10, 2017

At the request of many Qtum community members, a Qtum ERC-20 token will be released today, Monday, July 10th, and given to the partners that participated in the crowdsale.

This will enable users to withdraw their tokens off the exchange they used into ETH wallets that support ERC-20 tokens, like imToken and MyEtherWallet. Please test with small amounts first.

The Qtum mainnet is still on schedule to be released in September, which is when these tokens will be allowed to be swapped with Qtum.

Thank you for your understanding and support of Qtum project!

Qtum Foundation

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jul 12, 2017

This is the most concise explanation of Qtum I have seen so far. From the Qtum team: Qtum is a hybrid blockchain that merges the UTXO transaction model of Bitcoin with the EVM on Ethereum. It began as a fork of Bitcoin and the team added in an abstraction layer to integrate the EVM, ultimately allowing any developer tool built for Ethereum to also be available on Qtum, including Solidity smart contracts and Web3. Because of this, many of the decentralized applications presented were built on Ethereum as well as deployed to the Qtum testnet.

This also means it will be a PoS staking coin.

Also, for the ERC20 Qtum token, to add the Custom Token to MEW here is the info that is necessary once exchanges "release" the tokens for investors:

Contract Address: 0x9a642d6b3368ddc662CA244bAdf32cDA716005BC
Token Symbol: Qtum
Decimals: 18

Link here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1720632.msg20082036#msg20082036

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017

so just to be clear, qtum tokens are out but not the actual crypto, and we still can't buy the crypto yet on any exchange.
I see it is now quoted 'normally' on coinmarketcap.com

I am still in limbo with those f'rs at campbx so none of this means anything right now for me :twisted:
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jul 12, 2017

mnymgr1 wrote:so just to be clear, qtum tokens are out but not the actual crypto, and we still can't buy the crypto yet on any exchange.
I see it is now quoted 'normally' on coinmarketcap.com

I am still in limbo with those f'rs at campbx so none of this means anything right now for me :twisted:

It is good to see Qtum on the first page of CMC now.

As of today, the "token" is a IOU being traded on Chinese exchanges now. The exchanges who supported the ICO can pull this off. But US exchanges can't. Qtum just released an ERC20 token that any/all exchanges will be able to facilitate trading - if they so choose. This is an interim token until the Qtum wallet is released, where you will be able to do a 1-1 swap for the real Qtum token after MainNet launch (September).

So to answer your question - you still can't buy it on non-Chinese exchanges yet... but that could change tomorrow, or in 2 weeks. Hard to tell at this point.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jul 20, 2017

Quantum just went live on Bittrex! No trades yet.

AuAgJohn
Gold Supporter

Postby AuAgJohn » Thu Jul 20, 2017

Bid up to $8.03. Not a single Ask yet.

AuAgJohn
Gold Supporter

Postby AuAgJohn » Thu Jul 20, 2017

AuAgJohn wrote:Bid up to $8.03. Not a single Ask yet.

First Ask is $240.99.

Chaboo
Turtle Supporter

Postby Chaboo » Thu Jul 20, 2017

$7.76 and dropping. Good time to set up the Buys if you're interested... guess I'd better read up on this again, I already forgot what it is. :lol:

...edit... it's bouncing back...
New to crypto, join coinbase and we both get $10 (after you spend $100) https://www.coinbase.com/join/58d979166908ae017761881d

Get cash back from Mr Rebates for shopping online.
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=626685

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Jul 20, 2017

When are they releasing the coins? (September?)
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Thu Jul 20, 2017

Still believe I'm correct in ANS/NEO being the "Ethereum of China" (Hell Qtum isn't even Chinese it's based in Singapore and outside of China's control), but I told myself I'd grab a position of it to hedge my ANS play when it got to a US exchange...soon as the sell off dies down I'll be in for some, likely only 1 or 2k though.
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

Altima

Postby Altima » Thu Jul 20, 2017

Good news is I managed to withdraw the tokens as ERC20 tokens into MEW.

For those that bought some from me, pls kindly msg me so I can send them to you :kitty:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Jul 20, 2017

Judging from the number of sell orders vs. the number of buy orders, the price should drop quite a bit. There are some people buying at $8.00+ though. They should look at the order depth chart.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jul 21, 2017

Silversaving wrote:Still believe I'm correct in ANS/NEO being the "Ethereum of China" (Hell Qtum isn't even Chinese it's based in Singapore and outside of China's control), but I told myself I'd grab a position of it to hedge my ANS play when it got to a US exchange...soon as the sell off dies down I'll be in for some, likely only 1 or 2k though.

Well the company incorporated in Singapore yes, but the team members are almost all Chinese and the main social platform (WeChat) in use is Chinese. And it is predominantly traded on Chinese exchanges currently so I don't know if I would call it "outside" China's control. I do like the idea of a little rivalry battle between ANS/NEO and QTUM. A couple of Westerners battling over whose Chinese cyrpto is better ;)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jul 21, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:When are they releasing the coins? (September?)

The tokens are available for release now. The MainNet launch is scheduled for September. The Qtum team will provide info on how to swap the interim ERC20 tokens that currently exist for the real Qtum that each person can stake in their Qtum wallet. I'm pretty excited for that opportunity after watching my HYP and PIVX stake like a beast!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jul 24, 2017

Just found this little infographic made by the Qtum team (back when ETH was under $100):

qtum vs eth&btc.png
qtum vs eth&btc.png (329.86 KiB) Viewed 1649 times

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jul 25, 2017

Quantum's co-founder, Patrick Dai, was recently listed as one of China's top 30 under 30 in Consumer Technology by Forbes China. Dai is 29 years old. Quite an accomplishment for a country of over 1 billion people.

https://medium.com/@Qtum/qtums-patrick-dai-named-to-forbes-30-under-30-list-2f5c15531209

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jul 29, 2017

Energo is the first ICO that will be running on the Quantum network. The ICO is just about sold out (identity verification required, US residents not allowed to participate) after only 4 days. From their White Paper, here is the rationale for using Quantum over the alternatives like ETH...

Quantum Blockchain is the embodiment of an internet-based value transfer agreement and a decentralized app development platform. It serves to bridge the bitcoin and Ethereum ecosystem and channel the blockchain world to the physical world.
Qtum system differs from smart contract platforms underpinned by PoW (Proof of Work), a consensus protocol constrained by resources and hardware and thus unlikely to scale up. Consensus mechanism is innately flawed due to a lack of flexibility, which can be problematic because public blockchain and consortium blockchain are accessed by different entities and thus exert different requirements on consensus. Whereas Qtum system, with both Qtum public blockchain and Qtum consortium blockchain, is more flexible: Qtum public blockchain, given its degree of decentralization, low threshold for participation, secure environment and reliability, adopts the PoS-based IPOS. Qtum consortium blockchain, restricted by pre-selected nodes, participated by known counterparties and subject to different consideration for consensus, adopts a blended mechanism of Proof of Time and Raft agreement to optimize computing power in any given trusted network.
Another flaw of current blockchain systems is that they are rather locked down. Most of the smart contracts have their triggering events from within the blockchain system itself instead of the outside world. There’s a lack of interaction with the physical world. With Qtum system, however, things are different. Oracle and Data Feed featured in the system enable data in the physical world to be triggering events, breaking the closed loop of smart contracts.
Energo is a consortium blockchain with myriads of the future distributed energy storage equipment as its full nodes. Energo consortium blockchain, developed in the Qtum system, can better guarantee the security, stability, and partial decentralization of the entire DAE ecosystem. It boasts superb capacity to handle the massive energy information flow and value transfer. With commitment to DAE development, Energo is focused on operations, applying blockchain technology first to the energy sector.

http://energolabs.com/#/ico

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Aug 01, 2017

Silversaving wrote:Still believe I'm correct in ANS/NEO being the "Ethereum of China" (Hell Qtum isn't even Chinese it's based in Singapore and outside of China's control), but I told myself I'd grab a position of it to hedge my ANS play when it got to a US exchange...soon as the sell off dies down I'll be in for some, likely only 1 or 2k though.

Don't tell anybody, but I picked up some NEO/ANS about 10-15 minutes before the bitcoin fork. ;)

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Aug 01, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:

Don't tell anybody, but I picked up some NEO/ANS about 10-15 minutes before the bitcoin fork. ;)

:clap: :thumbup:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Aug 02, 2017

The Qtum Foundation has announced that it is now a member of the Association of Cryptocurrency Enterprises and Startups in Singapore (ACCESS). ACCESS is the leading blockchain industry association fostering society’s transformation to this new technology in Southeast Asia.

https://medium.com/@Qtum/qtum-foundation-becomes-newest-member-of-access-1c41a84cc68

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”