Alt-coin Qtum

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Alt-coin Qtum

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Jun 03, 2017

toddler81 wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:
I believe that the risks currently outweigh the rewards for Qtum.

What changed in the last 48 hours? This is why I hadn't purchased crypto before, but I did buy into this one.

Nothing has changed, only price risk.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Jun 03, 2017

Altima wrote:I think he's bearish for all the altcoins, until they finally deliver the product or profits :p

Yes, I am generally Bearish on most things in life. People, places, and things.

Profits are profits, and especially sweet when you are dealing with a CRAPPY product like an Alt-coin.

Bitcoin, Ethereum....those coins have some credibility. Everything else is questionable, and right now, Qtum is ?????

Seriously, could I recommend Qtum at $11.82? NO WAY.

I started this topic, and I've posted a warning about it. Beware or Good luck.
Last edited by Bucketeer on Sun Jun 04, 2017, edited 3 times in total.

Altima

Postby Altima » Sun Jun 04, 2017

Well let me bring some updates on the QTUM project as seen from their Twitter feed:

https://forum.qtum.org/topic/146/qtum-f ... nance-plan
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Jun 04, 2017

Here comes the PUMP.

Altima

Postby Altima » Sun Jun 04, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Here comes the PUMP.

Wow. If I recall correctly, you were the one that created this thread. Anyway, I'm just trying to relay information to the guys who was part of the group buy.

Jeez.
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Altima wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:Here comes the PUMP.

Wow. If I recall correctly, you were the one that created this thread. Anyway, I'm just trying to relay information to the guys who was part of the group buy.

Jeez.

Yes, I started this topic, and I posted an price-advisory warning about Qtum yesterday.

If there was a group buy for Qtum on BS, I'm not going to feel responsible if the "group buyers" lose their shirts.

If that happens, I'm done talking on here. As a matter of fact, I am done talking - period. Bears are bears.

I play in this space, it can be profitable if you DYODD. Good luck to everybody.

: radio silence :

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Jun 04, 2017

Ok, deep breath everyone.

As far as I know, there is no group buy on Qtum. There was one or two members who own ICO shares who were offering them at a fair price and very fair terms. The Bitmex price is a futures contract so that is nearly irrelevant. That is merely gambling speculation.

The point of a normal BS group buy is to get a discount based on a quantity pricing tier. That would not be the purpose here; it would be so that only one person has to jump through the hoops of the Chinese exchange requirements. Everybody would share risk equally, but again I'm not tracking any group buy, and I'm not running one. I think the first comment about a GB was made tongue-in-cheek.

Sometimes Bucketeer forgets there are new people entering crypto or analyzing the prospect of entering crypto each new day and when he performs his bear flip-flops out of the blue it confuses a lot of people, and gives our BS crypto community a smidgen of :?

Bottom line is he liked it at ICO price, and maybe even at first release price ($5-$6) but now that it is over $10 he isn't recommending it anymore. Ok, that's fine. By the way, nobody is going to hold anyone personally responsible here. If I created a post talking about the features of the 2017 reverse proof libertad and said that I love it at a price of only $229 - are people going to come back at me in 6 months if the new e-bay price is $199? That is not how this BS community works. We are all big boys and girls making our own decisions. Part of our mantra is DYODD. My personal tactic is to talk about coins that I either have purchased or am thinking about purchasing and then I state the REASONS why I hold those beliefs (see PIVX thread if you want an ad nausea example). Everyone is responsible for their own investment decisions.

My Qtum position is this: if I didn't own any Qtum right now, I would be attempting to acquire some either through 1) members offering some here, or 2) creating an account on Yunbi. Now as stated many times in regards to crypto, only invest what you can afford to truly lose. One should NOT be taking out a second mortgage to invest in the crypto space, and one should NOT be trading on margin.

I know the price has spiked since ICO, but that isn't scaring me. If I could get ETH back at $10 after ICO price it would have felt scary at that time too. Right now ETH market cap is 18 times larger than Qtum. ETH is already established so obviously it ought to be higher, but right now buyers are paying based on future potential. If Qtum was performing as expected right now, the price would reflect that and there would be less up-side opportunity. The question that one needs to ask themselves is if this Qtum project 1) has enough upside reward to outweigh the risks and work involved to acquire a position? and 2) is this project the best use of funds instead of another project in the crypto space? Number 2 is harder to answer because that would require vast knowledge of all projects in the crypto space which no single person has. So we make our decisions with the limited information we do have, and mitigate our risk by being diversified in this space.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Well stated Travis....I'll be back later with a Bearish reply.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jun 10, 2017

Just got this email about Qtum:

"Dear BiZhongChou users,
QTUM Tokens Will Be Tradable on BiZhongChou.com Soon

Several exchanges have listed QTUM prior to the QTUM mainnet release.

However, Qtum tokens are not transferable from any one to another yet, since there is NO Qtum tokens available for deposition/withdrawal.

We BiZhongChou are going to provide Push Trading service to our users. You will be able to buy or sell QTUM tokens on our website soon. Thank you for your patience.

Currently, the user interface of BiZhongChou.com is mainly in Chinese, we will offer English version as soon as we can. You can use Google Translate before that."

So how will this effect the market? More liquidity, some profit taking? I'm holding.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jun 13, 2017

Dev update: The Qtum test network will be available this month (June), and the main network will launch in September.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Jun 13, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:BiZhongChou are going to provide Push Trading service to our users. You will be able to buy or sell QTUM tokens on our website soon. Thank you for your patience.

Currently, the user interface of BiZhongChou.com is mainly in Chinese, we will offer English version as soon as we can. You can use Google Translate before that."

So how will this effect the market? More liquidity, some profit taking? I'm holding.

They are offering what appears to be a futures contract that will not be available to US residents, probably a BTC/QTUM pair. I doubt if there will be margin, unless they bribed somebody at PBoC.

It should add price-improvement before the tokens are released. I don't think I would want to be short Qtum.

I think that Qtum Push Trading will be very successful, based upon the past couple of weeks of the price action in Ethereum.

It does indicate significant investor interest for Qtum, in China.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jun 22, 2017

TestNet release on June 28th. Less than a week away:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... sg19704822

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 23, 2017

Qtum price just went over $14 on CoinMarketCap. This one has had steady price gains since the $10-$11 consolidation, instead of that crazy price rise that ANS had. Maybe we can get to a $15-$20 trading range and establish a new floor.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Jun 23, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Qtum price just went over $14 on CoinMarketCap. This one has had steady price gains since the $10-$11 consolidation, instead of that crazy price rise that ANS had. Maybe we can get to a $15-$20 trading range and establish a new floor.

Currently $15.98 - It hit $16.90 earlier today.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 23, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Qtum price just went over $14 on CoinMarketCap. This one has had steady price gains since the $10-$11 consolidation, instead of that crazy price rise that ANS had. Maybe we can get to a $15-$20 trading range and establish a new floor.

Currently $15.98 - It hit $16.90 earlier today.

Current 24 hour volume is $61 million. Wow. Over $17 now. I hope our new floor is over $15. And TestNet hasn't even launched yet. It happens in 5 days.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jun 26, 2017

Qtum price back under $14 today with the sea of red out there. Normal ebb and flow of the markets.

From a development side, here is information that the Qtum team posted in regards to the Proof of Stake (PoS) algorithm:

The halving interval is 4 years (target) and there will be 7 halving intervals.
Block target is set to 128 seconds.
4 tokens per Block (Approximately 1% inflation per year for 4 years)
2 tokens (Slightly more than .5% inflation per year for 4 years based on 100 million original tokens .5% of 104~ million after 4 years)
1 token
.5 tokens
.25 tokens
.125 tokens
.0625 tokens

So, if I'm reading this right, the first 4 years will be 1% overall inflation and it will decrease after that period (so low inflation coin). The block time is just over 2 minutes, so there will be 675 blocks awarded every day. Each of those 675 blocks will start out rewarding 4 Qtum tokens to the successful staker, which is currently over $50 of coin for each successful stake.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 28, 2017

Qtum TestNet went live today. MainNet launch still scheduled for September.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... sg19812821

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Jul 02, 2017

QTUM price went under $10 in the last 24 hours. I attribute this to:

1) Overall market trending downward the last few days, and general crypto volatility.
2) A coordinated DDOS attack on Qtum website and a mass spamming of PMs on BitcoinTalk forum and Slack channels to annoy random crypto people. The usual FUD of a well publicized project.
3) The ICOs of likely competitors EOS & Tezos opening up.

Of course, I'm still a long bull on this one.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Jul 02, 2017

I'm in favor of #3 there are way to many ICO's opening up right now and messing with Bitcoin and Ethereum values causing the rest of the Crypto world to shake a little bit, :lol:
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jul 05, 2017

The Quantum Team just announced a new project that will be built on their network. It is a prediction market, and team Qtum is calling it a Chinese Augur & Gnosis combo. Project is here: https://www.bodhi.network/ and apparently their White Paper will be released in a week or so.

Qtum price is under $9 now too so we will see what happens as we get closer to MainNet launch in September.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”