Alt-coin Qtum

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Alt-coin Qtum

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Oct 20, 2017

Altima wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:How much disc space is used for your wallet, and for staking? What type of processor are you using? Thanks Hilmi.

Ah I should have paid more attention to the disk space requirements. I'm just using an old surface pro laptop. It syncs pretty quickly and is pretty simple to set up.

My only gripe is that I have to wait at least 12 days for a chance to get a reward with my measly 1000 tokens
:lol:

Are you running any other applications besides your staking wallet?

Rumor is that an official Android wallet will released next week, iOS to follow.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

This might explain the price increase. Every coin in the past that they have listed has seen a 100% to 300% increase.

https://www.bithumb.com/event/e20171019_coin_open

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Oct 28, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:I just bought one of these last night for my staking and I paid $148.00 for it but then again the seller has (4) feedback so we shall see. :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-HP-S ... Sw~8ZZztut

If the optimal quantity for staking Qtum is 500 coins, should I create multiple wallets with 500 Qtum each?

That little PC arrived yesterday, it looks pretty nice. I've got to pickup a wireless keyboard this afternoon, install the SSD, and let Win10 download all of the patches. I hope to start staking this evening.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sat Oct 28, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:I just bought one of these last night for my staking and I paid $148.00 for it but then again the seller has (4) feedback so we shall see. :lol:

If the optimal quantity for staking Qtum is 500 coins, should I create multiple wallets with 500 Qtum each?

That little PC arrived yesterday, it looks pretty nice. I've got to pickup a wireless keyboard this afternoon, install the SSD, and let Win10 download all of the patches. I hope to start staking this evening.

:clap: :clap: I started staking with 200 no problem then went to a 1000 but decided against it as it was not worth my while. Lol At least I tried it.
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Oct 28, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:

I heard it is around 500 as well. So naturally I set mine up between 505-550. Started staking a few days ago and still awaiting my first stake of 4 QTUM. We'll get there soon.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sat Oct 28, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

I heard it is around 500 as well. So naturally I set mine up between 505-550. Started staking a few days ago and still awaiting my first stake of 4 QTUM. We'll get there soon.

So how long does it take to get 4 QTUM ?

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Marchas45 wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

So how long does it take to get 4 QTUM ?

Depends how many UTXOs you have. If, for example, you had 1,000 total QTUM, divided out as 2 x UTXOs of 500 QTUM each (in order to maximize your odds of staking) then according to this linked calculator it would take approximately 16.3 days for your first stake of 4 QTUM. This isn't exact science because there is randomness involved, but if you staked that amount for about a year, then on average that would be the amount you would get. Of course, there are variables that change daily - to include the number of others staking on the network, your internet speed, your ability to continually stake 24/7, etc.

https://qtumexplorer.io/qtum-staking-calculator

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

Google Authenticator - what a pain that was to get installed on my phone.

Anyway, I'm going to try and create 4 wallets for staking Qtum.

Thanks for your help guys.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:

Google Authenticator - what a pain that was to get installed on my phone.

Anyway, I'm going to try and create 4 wallets for staking Qtum.

Thanks for your help guys.

You don't need 4 wallets. You only need to set up UTXOs inside of 1 wallet. Simply create a total of 4 receiving addresses in your wallet. Then you can send your QTUM to yourself and split it among those addresses. The internal transactions should be free (or very cheap).

This is another reason why I like HYP. You can experiment doing all this kind of stuff on the cheap without worrying about messing up and losing big money because it is a cheap and plentiful PoS style coin.

Altima

Postby Altima » Sat Oct 28, 2017

Altima wrote:I just started staking QTUM tokens based on this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLIb3Komq90&t=907s

Here's the official staking calculator as well:

Based on current network weight, 1000 QTUM tokens might get you the following:

Your investment: $11,974.00
Your daily probability: 0.11873221748888
Your expected number of rewards per year: 43
Your expected rewards per year in QTUM: 173 QTUM
Your expected rewards per year in USD: $2,076
Yearly ROI: 17.33%

That ROI is obviously going to decrease as more people stake their QTUM tokens, but that's a rather impressive number!

LOL. I've been staking since October 9 with no luck. Haven't received that coveted 4 QTUM reward. I think 1000 coins just ain't giving a high enough chance to win that lottery. :lol:

Wish I had 100K coins to even the odds :P
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

I got my staking computer downloading updates and patches. Is Windows Defender adequate protection for the internet, or do ya'all use an additional virus protector?

This computer isn't going to see much use other than staking.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Altima wrote:

That ROI is obviously going to decrease as more people stake their QTUM tokens, but that's a rather impressive number!

I believe the formula used for ROI is incorrect. ROI is based on the cost of the investment, not the net present value (NPV). The formula used by the calculator appears to be NPV.

"A performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments. ... To calculate ROI, the benefit (or return) of an investment is divided by the cost of the investment, and the result is expressed as a percentage or a ratio"

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/returnoninvestment.asp

I left the author a message. If he is using NPV, the ROI numbers are way too low.

I'm not your accountant :thumbup:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Oct 29, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:
Altima wrote:

I believe the formula used for ROI is incorrect. ROI is based on the cost of the investment, not the net present value (NPV). The formula used by the calculator appears to be NPV.

"A performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments. ... To calculate ROI, the benefit (or return) of an investment is divided by the cost of the investment, and the result is expressed as a percentage or a ratio"

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/returnoninvestment.asp

I left the author a message. If he is using NPV, the ROI numbers are way too low.

I'm not your accountant :thumbup:

The ROI calculation is flawed, only in the fact that the author doesn't know what your initial cost basis is - and so he assumes you paid today's current price for the QTUM. You can substitute in your initial cost basis and in that case your ROI is much higher. NPV is a better measurement for calculating future expected cash flows in order to determine if an investment decision makes sense. The ROI here in my opinion is of small concern to base any real investment decision on, because the price movement will most likely have a much greater impact than anything else over the course of a year.

Also, I got my first stake last night as well. It takes nearly 20 hours for the stake to fully come through and to again be eligible for future stakes. 500 confirmations takes awhile.

Altima

Postby Altima » Sun Oct 29, 2017

Wow you got your first stake? Guess I must be doing something wrong. Lol
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Oct 29, 2017

How long have you been staking? and how many did you receive and did you stake 500?

Image Image Image

Altima

Marchas45 wrote:How long have you been staking? and how many did you receive and did you stake 500?

I think I've been staking for over a week with no luck. And I have 1000 QTUM being staked.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Oct 29, 2017

Lol I should have mentioned Travis's name Lol

Image Image Image

Altima

Marchas45 wrote:Lol I should have mentioned Travis's name Lol

Yes I'd be interested to know as well! :lol:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Oct 29, 2017

Altima wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:Lol I should have mentioned Travis's name Lol

Yes I'd be interested to know as well! :lol:

I've got 4 x UTXOs ranging from 505 - 700 QTUM on each one. I'm staking 24/7 on a designated staking laptop.

When it staked, it split the UTXO into 2 separate, smaller UTXOs. I'm inquiring on how to customize that, as I already do on my HYP. I didn't see a setstakesplitthreshold command in the help line in the debug console.

Some are saying that UTXO sizes of 300 are the most efficient at this point, but I like to err on the higher side and stake more often on fewer UTXOs than vice versa.

Return to “Bitcoin”