Alt-coin Qtum

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-coin Qtum

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Oct 05, 2017

Hi! guys great updates and links, much appreciated. Travis that wallet ( qtum-0.14.3-win64-setup-unsigned.exe (testnet) ) is this the official wallet or a test wallet? I'm a little confused as usual. :lol:
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Oct 05, 2017

Qtum’s Co-founder and Lead Developer, Jordan Earls, speaking on the Economics of Gas in Blockchain Systems at CESC

https://www.facebook.com/QtumOfficial/videos/1805968789432085/
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Good introductory video on Qtum

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Another good intro video

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Oct 05, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:Hi! guys great updates and links, much appreciated. Travis that wallet ( qtum-0.14.3-win64-setup-unsigned.exe (testnet) ) is this the official wallet or a test wallet? I'm a little confused as usual. :lol:

Charlie, if you go to the website: https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/tag/mainnet-ignition-v1.0.2

and then scroll down, you'll see the link in the box below. I will be downloading the one I highlighted as I use a Windows computer which has a 64 bit operating system. I won't be able to do this until I return from some training in 2-3 weeks.

QTUM Wallet download.png
QTUM Wallet download.png (68.31 KiB) Viewed 470 times

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Oct 05, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:Hi! guys great updates and links, much appreciated. Travis that wallet ( qtum-0.14.3-win64-setup-unsigned.exe (testnet) ) is this the official wallet or a test wallet? I'm a little confused as usual. :lol:

Charlie, if you go to the website: https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/tag/mainnet-ignition-v1.0.2

and then scroll down, you'll see the link in the box below. I will be downloading the one I highlighted as I use a Windows computer which has a 64 bit operating system. I won't be able to do this until I return from some training in 2-3 weeks.

QTUM Wallet download.png

Yes that's the one I downloaded , as I said before it is very similar to the Doge wallet. :thumbup:

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Oct 05, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

QTUM Wallet download.png

Yes that's the one I downloaded , as I said before it is very similar to the Doge wallet. :thumbup:

Nice. I don't have a Doge wallet anymore. But that is the official QTUM wallet, not a test one.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Oct 06, 2017

Altima

Postby Altima » Mon Oct 09, 2017

I just started staking QTUM tokens based on this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLIb3Komq90&t=907s

Here's the official staking calculator as well:

https://qtumexplorer.io/qtum-staking-calculator

Based on current network weight, 1000 QTUM tokens might get you the following:

Your investment: $11,974.00
Your daily probability: 0.11873221748888
Your expected number of rewards per year: 43
Your expected rewards per year in QTUM: 173 QTUM
Your expected rewards per year in USD: $2,076
Yearly ROI: 17.33%

That ROI is obviously going to decrease as more people stake their QTUM tokens, but that's a rather impressive number!
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Tue Oct 10, 2017

My investment so far for 1073 QTUM is: Estimated Value: 2.66836164 BTC / 12800.47 USD so in keeping with above. :thumbup:
P.S. Plus I'm trading a little bit here and there to make some more and to think about it you sold me my first 100 at $13.30 :lol:
By the way which computer and size would you guys suggest just for stacking?

Image Image Image

Altima

Postby Altima » Tue Oct 10, 2017

My coins finally matured (500 confirmations) and it's telling me that I should expect a block reward (4 QTUMs/50 USD) in approx 8 days.

50 USD in around a week's time seems like a decent payout. Assuming you leave the computer on 24/7.

If you have 10,000 QTUM tokens, you would expect a block reward in 0.91 days. Though I read somewhere that once you get a block reward, those coins will have to wait another 500 blocks before they can be staked again. Seems fair to me.
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Mon Oct 16, 2017

Has anyone heard of a big $50,000,000 pumped into QTUM today and that's why it jumped up 10% ? just seen that on another forum.

Image Image Image

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Oct 17, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:By the way which computer and size would you guys suggest just for stacking?

I've been wondering the same thing. This is pretty low-end, but a 2.5" HD up to 2TB can be added. $179 at Amazon.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Tue Oct 17, 2017

I need to put my QTUM on a wallet, haven't done any research on the proper wallet. What's everyone using?

I also believe someone owes me 50 QTUMs :shh: Need to figure out this wallet thing before I start knocking on his door ;)

Altima

Postby Altima » Tue Oct 17, 2017

Fabio wrote:I need to put my QTUM on a wallet, haven't done any research on the proper wallet. What's everyone using?

I also believe someone owes me 50 QTUMs :shh: Need to figure out this wallet thing before I start knocking on his door ;)

Yes! Your QTUM (and another person's) are safe in my wallet staking away. Not that we got any QTUM's yet. :lol:

I think I posted a youtube link in one of the pages here. You can refer to that for the wallet and how to stake.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Oct 18, 2017

How much disc space is used for your wallet, and for staking? What type of processor are you using? Thanks Hilmi.

Altima

Postby Altima » Wed Oct 18, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:How much disc space is used for your wallet, and for staking? What type of processor are you using? Thanks Hilmi.

Ah I should have paid more attention to the disk space requirements. I'm just using an old surface pro laptop. It syncs pretty quickly and is pretty simple to set up.

My only gripe is that I have to wait at least 12 days for a chance to get a reward with my measly 1000 tokens
:lol:

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Oct 19, 2017

I just bought one of these last night for my staking and I paid $148.00 for it but then again the seller has (4) feedback so we shall see. :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-HP-S ... Sw~8ZZztut

Image Image Image

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Oct 19, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:Has anyone heard of a big $50,000,000 pumped into QTUM today and that's why it jumped up 10% ? just seen that on another forum.

Just my guess:

Jeffery Wernick

Jeffrey is a veteran investor with over 40 years’ experience. Jeffrey started his career trading options and futures on the CBOE, CBOT and the CME while studying as an undergraduate and graduate at The University of Chicago in 1971. Later he served at Salomon Brothers, and National Bank of Detroit as Senior Financial Economist and as its youngest Senior Officer of the bank. After that he opened his own venture capital company specializing in all areas of technology, created a hedge fund to manage his personal wealth, also invested in distressed and bankrupt companies, precipitating changes in the operations of the enterprises and the restructuring of their balance sheet. His background in trading, quantitative research and venture investment has given him great insight as an angel investor. As an angel investor, his extensive portfolio includes Uber and Airb&b. In addition to the sharing economy, his notable investments have been in bank transactions, lending platforms, Bitcoin and Blockchain, biomedical, human genome project, payment systems and biotechnology.’ https://qtum.org/en/team

grantwoodisgold

Postby grantwoodisgold » Fri Oct 20, 2017

i don't own any :oops:

"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

Return to “Bitcoin”