GOLD vs BITCOIN

Altima

Re: GOLD vs BITCOIN

Postby Altima » Sun May 14, 2017

fredzoyt wrote:What are the good BC wallets you guys in the know would recommend? Which one(s) do you use?

Dave

I personally use Exodus cos I like the GUI and it's easy to understand. Supports not just Bitcoin but some other cryptocurrencies as well.

https://www.exodus.io/
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun May 14, 2017

Altima wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:What are the good BC wallets you guys in the know would recommend? Which one(s) do you use?

Dave

I personally use Exodus cos I like the GUI and it's easy to understand. Supports not just Bitcoin but some other cryptocurrencies as well.

https://www.exodus.io/

I use an exodus wallet as well. But my primary holdings are on a KeepKey offline storage device. What type of wallet you go with depends on 1) how much you have, 2) your level of risk aversion, 3) your purpose for the funds - to be held longer term vs spent within the next weeks or months, etc. Here is Andreas' take, and he is the expert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aji_E9sw0AE&t=198s

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun May 14, 2017

I like the Jaxx Wallet
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun May 14, 2017

Andreas is such a visionary. Take 26 minutes and you can understand why "fake news" became a thing, and why bitcoin will have value as a currency even though it isn't.... backed by gold ;)

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun May 14, 2017

I got a Crown Royal bag, thanks to all who responded.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon May 15, 2017

Here is an analysis of Bitcoin from Chris Duane from the Silver Shield. While this guy did help to get me into silver, he is clueless about bitcoin. Have a look and then see my comments below.

Ok, let's count the objections: 1) he was bribed, 2) nothing backing it, 3) CIA, 4) no fair because early adopters have all the wealth, 5) elite bankers dream, 6) Christian scare tactic, 7) It's in a bubble anyway, 8) it will fail (because he says so).

This guy has to double down on his bitcoin position because he could have owned a massive amount of bitcoin between $5 and $20 way back in the day. He also makes his money selling silver products (and a newsletter service), and he therefore views bitcoin as a direct competitor to silver and gold, and his bottom line.

So let us unpack these objections. 1) Stating that people were trying to give away bitcoin to you isn't a bribe. If they were trying to exchange a service or get air-time that could be called a barter or exchange of value. 2) we've covered this "nothing backing it" before many times. The value from bitcoin comes from its portability to cross any border, its decentralization, its trust-less network, and its inability to be forged (copied). He compares it to giving value to an email which has no basis in reality. 3) I've no doubt that the CIA may use bitcoin for nefarious activities. They probably use USD too. Good luck stopping them. They don't control bitcoin though.

4) Early adopters ought to be rewarded for putting their hard earned cash and mining into a completely new technology. Does he prefer the USD where the elite bankers get access to the fiat dollars first? Is that more fair? How about the miners, mining gold and silver? Is it fair that they get first access to the precious metals because they dig it up out of the ground? 5) Bitcoin is the enemy of the bankers. Every dollar that goes into bitcoin is liquidity that is sucked out of the banking system - same goes for gold & silver. The difference being bitcoin is easy to transact with anywhere across the globe in a very short time. 6) I find it interesting that a non-Christian is so concerned about end Biblical times. The only way bitcoin could be used as a "mark of the beast" is if it were completely centralized by one authority and each person had to be uniquely identified to one string address. So exactly the opposite of how bitcoin works. Some dictator could try to implement this, but it wouldn't be bitcoin, it would be a completely different centrally controlled blockchain (and that dictator would have to ensure nobody used any other cyrptos besides the one he chose).

7) Bitcoin is in a bubble with a market capitalization of $28 billion? Please. It isn't even a decade old and it is a disruptive technology. Is your shoe shine boy giving you crypto advice on how to make money on Bittrex or Poloniex? Didn't think so. 8) If Duane stating it will fail is the beginning of the end for bitcoin, then that dude should start his own religion. People much more powerful than him (central bankers) have stated it is a bubble too and it will fail.

The sad part is, Duane has an ego the size of Montana. Other hard money guys like Mike Maloney and Andy Hoffman and many others have put in some real time and energy understanding how bitcoin works and now they are in favor of having a position in it as well. Duane could have been bitcoin rich, but he missed out. He believes bitcoin is the enemy of silver and gold, when in reality they are like brothers.

The only decent advice he did give was to book some profits and buy a cheap asset like silver or gold. That could be a smart move, especially if we see a drop in price in bitcoin and one can acquire again cheaper. The catch here is you needed to have the bitcoin in the first place to book those profits.... which you wouldn't if you'd listened to Duane in the first place.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Mon May 15, 2017

Lol I couldn't agree with you more, well said SilverDoge. Mmmm I wonder who got me into DogeCoin. Lol
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

Silvervein
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silvervein » Mon May 15, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:I like the Jaxx Wallet

Just trying to learn.
Why do you like Ajax wallet?
Is it better than keeping it in an online wallet like Coinbase?

I have funds in Coinbase but worry that it could be hacked or compromised and then I'm out.

I like to diversify in everything, so was wondering if I should move some of my funds to a wallet like Jaxx.
What about Exodus? That looks promising as well as it has high anonymity and accepts most major crypto currencies.

Thanks.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold."
- Bob Marley

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon May 15, 2017

There are many good wallets out there. Jaxx works on many different platforms, probably more platforms than any other wallet. The CEO is one of the founders of Ethereum and has a good reputation.

https://jaxx.io/

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue May 16, 2017

double up on jaxx. They are also at the forefront of the wallets and most stable for mobile based.

Aside from that i dig myetherewallet.com and the ethereum wallet.

jaxx has its limitations though, but far less than others.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed May 17, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:There are many good wallets out there. Jaxx works on many different platforms, probably more platforms than any other wallet. The CEO is one of the founders of Ethereum and has a good reputation.

There is a JAXX cruise event today, I think it is out of Canada.

Agenda below.... yeah Qtum & PIVX!

AGENDA:
6:30pm - Boat sails / Dinner / Networking
6:45pm - Musicoin presentation / Tim Arnold with choir performance
7:15pm - Welcome & Opening Statement by Anthony Di Iorio
7:25pm - RSK presentation by Diego Gutierrez Zaldivar and Gabriel Kurman
7:50pm - Zcash presentation by Zooko Wilcox
8:15pm - Dash presentation by Jeff Smith
8:40pm - Qtum presentation by Jordan Earls and Brett Fincaryk
9:05pm - Pivx presentation by Grant Spurdle and Chad Ballantine
9:30pm - Jaxx / Decentral Closing Statement by Anthony Di Iorio & Charlie Shrem
10pm - Disembark

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed May 17, 2017

Anthony Di Lorio was one of the angel investors in Qtum, so I would expect to see it in Jaxx when the tokens are released.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed May 17, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Anthony Di Lorio was one of the angel investors in Qtum, so I would expect to see it in Jaxx when the tokens are released.

Great point!

Altima

Postby Altima » Wed May 17, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:There are many good wallets out there. Jaxx works on many different platforms, probably more platforms than any other wallet. The CEO is one of the founders of Ethereum and has a good reputation.

There is a JAXX cruise event today, I think it is out of Canada.

Agenda below.... yeah Qtum & PIVX!

AGENDA:
6:30pm - Boat sails / Dinner / Networking
6:45pm - Musicoin presentation / Tim Arnold with choir performance
7:15pm - Welcome & Opening Statement by Anthony Di Iorio
7:25pm - RSK presentation by Diego Gutierrez Zaldivar and Gabriel Kurman
7:50pm - Zcash presentation by Zooko Wilcox
8:15pm - Dash presentation by Jeff Smith
8:40pm - Qtum presentation by Jordan Earls and Brett Fincaryk
9:05pm - Pivx presentation by Grant Spurdle and Chad Ballantine
9:30pm - Jaxx / Decentral Closing Statement by Anthony Di Iorio & Charlie Shrem
10pm - Disembark

Would be interesting to see if PIVX would be supported by Jaxx.

Wait, I see QTUM, RSK and Musicoin too. :lol:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu May 18, 2017

Steve St Angelo over at SRS Rocco has an article with some good comments at this link. He is an expert in energy and oil and is touching on crypto in this one:

https://srsroccoreport.com/what-the-hec ... urrencies/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu May 18, 2017

Mike Maloney latest video is really good:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu May 25, 2017

Silver to bitcoin ratio now over 160:1

Gold to bitcoin ratio now over 2:1

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri May 26, 2017

took a real hit today.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jun 03, 2017

SRS Rocco is starting to talk Gold, Silver & now Crypto too as he begins to research and evaluate it. One of the money hard money guys beginning to potentially come around to crypto.

https://srsroccoreport.com/gold-silver- ... y-be-made/

He also references an excellent June 1st Charles Hugh Smith bitcoin article here:

http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.it/201 ... tcoin.html

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Jun 03, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:He also references an excellent June 1st Charles Hugh Smith bitcoin article here:

http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.it/201 ... tcoin.html

I think Charles nailed it on Bitcoin. I always mention Bitcoin in any financial transaction, nobody knows what it is.

Bitcoin is in a bubble? lmao :lol:

Return to “Bitcoin”