LiteCoin

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Re: LiteCoin

Postby cmiller17363 » Thu Dec 14, 2017

Ill be scooping up several coins if it gets to the 150-175 range. :grinch:
ImageImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Dec 14, 2017

texmex66 wrote:
XFactor wrote:I bought my first LTC. Figured what the hell, I want to learn more and if I loose 300 bucks, screw it. I saw this and now I totally don't understand it...
https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/tx/543 ... 7568651b6/

When I tell coinbase that I want to buy 1.0000LTC does it actually buy 1.2785, send me 1.0000 and send the rest to someone else?
I transferred this 1LTC to binance to play with it. So lets see.

If i understand things correctly, your purchase is part of a block, so its grouped together. You only paid for the 1 LTC. When you move it around you get charged a fee, so it wont be 1 LTC when it makes it to Binance.

:grinch:

Tex is on the right track. The block of this particular block in the chain is relevant but is not pertinent to the data that you see when you open up that block explorer and see the transaction. Coinbase sent you 1 LTC (less a fee), but the amount they had on their UTXO (unspent transaction output) - was more than just 1 LTC, so the remainder on that UTXO comes back to them. But you see all this on the blockchain. Think of it like them owing you $17.85, and they gave you a $20 bill and you are returning $2.15 to them - except it happens automatically without you having to do anything. Every time you "spend" a balance on a UTXO it is spent completely, but the remainder of what you aren't spending is returned as "change". Hope that makes sense.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Dec 14, 2017

+1 Doge
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Dec 14, 2017

cmiller17363 wrote:I'll be scooping up several coins if it gets to the 150-175 range. :grinch:

If that happens it's unlikely that Litecoin will be singled out. The market as a whole would be down that much and the whole mood and sentiment would have altered. Shopping choices galore, if you're of the "buy low" mindset. (Hey, some people only like to buy in boom times.)

Litecoin appeals to people intimidated or wary of Bitcoin's pricetag. It did to me, at first. Here's a question: Would you rather have 1 Litecoin or 0.017 Bitcoin? At the moment $288 will buy either. To me it doesn't really matter; it's the same value. I don't have an opinion on which is more likely to hold that value. Probably roughly the same.

Double3
Gold Supporter

Postby Double3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017

I think it is on sale right now.

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Thu Dec 14, 2017

300Braveheart wrote:
Double3 wrote:
300Braveheart wrote:Has anyone had success sending a bank wire into Coinbase/GDAX?

Yes it was there that day.

It was to coinbase.

That's a relief to hear. Sent wire to GDAX earlier today before the cutoff time, and it still hasn't showed, and no emailed receipt or anything on GDAX's/Coinbase's end in the way of confirmation. Names on accounts match, did everything correctly. I'm getting nervous when I've been on hold with phone support for 2 hours now.

Update: GDAX rejected the wire and funds are back at Wells Fargo. If I could just have an army of callers to stay on hold for freaking 4 hours at a time with GDAX, maybe I could get through to a real person for the first time ever and understand why.
ImageImage
Get $150 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom Unlimited no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/18/05WHH3FP4R

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Dec 14, 2017

300Braveheart wrote:
300Braveheart wrote:
Double3 wrote:
300Braveheart wrote:Has anyone had success sending a bank wire into Coinbase/GDAX?

It was to coinbase.

That's a relief to hear. Sent wire to GDAX earlier today before the cutoff time, and it still hasn't showed, and no emailed receipt or anything on GDAX's/Coinbase's end in the way of confirmation. Names on accounts match, did everything correctly. I'm getting nervous when I've been on hold with phone support for 2 hours now.

Update: GDAX rejected the wire and funds are back at Wells Fargo. If I could just have an army of callers to stay on hold for freaking 4 hours at a time with GDAX, maybe I could get through to a real person for the first time ever and understand why.

3 or 4 months ago they didn't even have a customer service number to call. Baby steps. Can you do an ACH?

300Braveheart

Yes but the weekly limit for ACH is very limiting, even having had my account open for months with several transactions.

Wells Fargo banker said they have shut down accounts recently for activity involving cryptos. Wow. Hating the banking system more everyday.
ImageImage
Get $150 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom Unlimited no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Thu Dec 14, 2017

Double3 wrote:I think it is on sale right now.

I agree. So far in this space I have had two thoughts, "i should have bought more then" and "i should have held it".
ImageImageImage

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Thu Dec 14, 2017

300Braveheart wrote:
300Braveheart wrote:
Double3 wrote:

It was to coinbase.

Did your bank include the reference number in the recipient message/instructions? Without that they will reject the wire.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Dec 14, 2017

It's even more on sale at this hour. For those who thought $300 was a good buy-in, it's $276 at this moment on GDAX. Of course, it could go even more on sale. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Double3
Gold Supporter

Postby Double3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017

Long John wrote:

It's even more on sale at this hour. For those who thought $300 was a good buy-in, it's $276 at this moment on GDAX. Of course, it could go even more on sale. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not going to act like I know what I'm talking about but I don't think you can go wrong 250-300 range.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Thu Dec 14, 2017

I will take the blame on this one guys. I bought in when it was in $300’s so it will likely be around $5 in the upcoming days. I feel like I should’ve learned my lesson as this is definitely a trend for me :roll:
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silversummit » Thu Dec 14, 2017

bigjohn wrote:I will take the blame on this one guys. I bought in when it was in $300’s so it will likely be around $5 in the upcoming days. I feel like I should’ve learned my lesson as this is definitely a trend for me :roll:

Don't worry John, hold till Christmas and imo you will think you did alright. Litecoin still has built up energy to go higher yet but needs to confirm a new floor before making its next leap.
Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

300Braveheart

natsb88 wrote:
300Braveheart wrote:
300Braveheart wrote:
Double3 wrote:

It was to coinbase.

Did your bank include the reference number in the recipient message/instructions? Without that they will reject the wire.

Yes I verified it was there and that the account names matched up. Perhaps there is an invisible limit for wires the Coinbase/GDAX doesn't tell you, although I wonder why there would be one. Just a potential I'm seeing from googling the issue.
ImageImage

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Fri Dec 15, 2017

bigjohn wrote:I will take the blame on this one guys. I bought in when it was in $300’s so it will likely be around $5 in the upcoming days. I feel like I should’ve learned my lesson as this is definitely a trend for me :roll:

hold for at least a year or two!

revisit every 3 months. u will be thankful in a year!! If your still not happy wait 2 years and it will be good!

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Fri Dec 15, 2017

Im surprised to see as much resistance around 270 as there has been.
ImageImageImage

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

Back over $300! :pop:
ImageImageImage

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Fri Dec 15, 2017

cmiller17363 wrote:Back over $300! :pop:

Held that $250-$258 area pretty well. :clap: Bought some on this dip. :D

cmiller17363
Gold Supporter

texmex66 wrote:
cmiller17363 wrote:Back over $300! :pop:

Held that $250-$258 area pretty well. :clap: Bought some on this dip. :D

I didn't have a buy order ready but did grab a little at ~270 in case it didn't drop further.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”