Alt-Coin PIVX

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin PIVX

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jul 01, 2017

Long John wrote:PIVX at $2.74 as I type this! Hold on tight, but for a ride farther up or down, I have no idea.

edit: Swooped up as high as $2.96, briefly, before people couldn't resist taking profit. Wonder where it will settle in at? Or if it will settle?

I'm hoping we have a new floor at $2. We'll see.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Jul 02, 2017

PIVX made it through a chaotic weekend above $2.00. Well, it was more chaotic for other coins, but PIVX dropped as "low" as $2.06 in the last 24 hours and has climbed back to $2.61. You know, if mine weren't locked up in Master Nodes I'm pretty sure I would have taken my profit by now... and missed this.

I was watching a crypto streaming chat on YouTube where people typed their questions and comments, and PIVX came up quite a bit. I only brought it up once! :angel:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jul 05, 2017

As is often the case, PIVX moves up when others move down. Right now at almost 105K or $2.71. Like to break that $3.00 barrier for the first time, that will bring even more attention and money to the coin.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jul 05, 2017

106k sats, $2.77 :thumbup:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jul 06, 2017

March 26, when I first posted about PIVX:
PIVX price as of this post: $0.62
PIVX price in bitcoin: 0.000638

Today:
PIVX price as of this post: $2.66
PIVX price in bitcoin: 0.00101

That is less than 3.5 months of time. Feels like longer than that doesn't it? I know the crypto headlines are more exciting with a new coin that shoots up 10 times in a week, but there is something to be said for the slow and steady winners that have a solid foundation, quality dev team, and a hard-charging approach no matter the current daily price action.

Does $5 seem outlandish before the end of the year? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Jul 06, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Does $5 seem outlandish before the end of the year? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not outlandish in an environment where some shitcoin can soar up into the top 10 on Bittrex, soak up millions of dollars, then slide down again into obscurity with its mission accomplished. It seems to happen several times a week. The unregulated nature of this space gives pump-and-dumpers free rein to do as they will. What we need is a mechanism to screw them bigtime on a P&D, instead of them screwing others. But I digress. Huzzah for PIVX.

Your comparison shows that a lot of PIVX's gain in USD is simply due to Bitcoin's increased USD value. PIVX's value in BTC is up 58% since March 26, but in USD it's up 330% give or take. ($2.71 at this post)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jul 06, 2017

Short video from the Red Pill conference:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jul 10, 2017

PIVX isn't hosted on Shapeshift for quick transfers between coins, but it is on Changelly now. Here is a video tutorial:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Jul 10, 2017

Is there an advantage to using Changelly? You're buying directly to your PIVX wallet as opposed to the extra step of sending it from Bittrex to the wallet, but there is a bit of a premium: 77.2k on Changelly vs. 76.7k on Bittrex right now. To buy with USD the premium is enormous. 1 PIVX is $1.89 on Bittrex at this moment. 1 PIVX would cost $2.93 USD on Changelly.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jul 10, 2017

Long John wrote:Is there an advantage to using Changelly? You're buying directly to your PIVX wallet as opposed to the extra step of sending it from Bittrex to the wallet, but there is a bit of a premium: 77.2k on Changelly vs. 76.7k on Bittrex right now. To buy with USD the premium is enormous. 1 PIVX is $1.89 on Bittrex at this moment. 1 PIVX would cost $2.93 USD on Changelly.

Wow, those rates are bad. I think the point of Changelly is if you wanted to merely swap between coins without trading on an exchange. It appears worth the effort to create exchanges accounts on Bittrrex or others though if the rates are that poor.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jul 12, 2017

PIVX returns to $2.00! :clap: I think it fell as low as $1.51 in the crash. Should have bought some, but I had other priorities.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jul 19, 2017

PIVX has been moving steadily along in the $1.75 range, then suddenly BOOM it mooned to $2.60 a couple hours ago. That was a very brief peak, a long candle wick, but currently it's still above $2.00 with lots of action. I checked the slack and didn't see any news-related reason. Except somebody speculated that Amanda B. Johnson has left Dash and may be coming to PIVX. :lol: It was a joke, I think.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jul 19, 2017

Long John wrote:PIVX has been moving steadily along in the $1.75 range, then suddenly BOOM it mooned to $2.60 a couple hours ago. That was a very brief peak, a long candle wick, but currently it's still above $2.00 with lots of action. I checked the slack and didn't see any news-related reason. Except somebody speculated that Amanda B. Johnson has left Dash and may be coming to PIVX. :lol: It was a joke, I think.

Gotta be a joke. No way would either party agree to that one. Besides, we've got Snappy!

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jul 19, 2017

They're saying somebody bought 100 BTC worth of PIVX. Somebody else named jazzyfella is claiming credit for hyping it up. Hyped where or to who, he didn't say. But it appears the big initial buy was one person, or one person representing a group of people. It attracted other buyers. They'll need to pump it higher, like to $3.00, to make any money on the effort. Even then if they dump it all, they'll lose money on some of it on the slide because they paid as high as $2.60. Hopefully the big buyer actually wanted a lot of PIVX!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jul 27, 2017

Snappy dropping some more PIVX knowledge!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jul 29, 2017

A bit of a dorky video, but the PIVX mobile wallet has been released for Android:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Aug 04, 2017

Weekly update:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Aug 06, 2017

Funny and well done PIVX ad: The most interesting coin in the world.

Snappy: "I don't always crypto, but when I do, I PIVX. Stay private, my friends."

Hilarious! I'm sharing it with friends who don't even care about crypto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ARPfLOy94
Last edited by Long John on Sun Aug 06, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Aug 06, 2017

Long John wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ARPfLOy94

Delete the "s" in the https and it will display properly in the thread...

Also, I don't think that is Snappy

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Aug 06, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Also, I don't think that is Snappy

No? It looks so like him, why hire an actor to do the part? Anyway, I hope a Dos Equis lawyer doesn't see it. :lol:

Return to “Bitcoin”