Alt-Coin PIVX

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin PIVX

Postby silverpv » Sun Jun 18, 2017

After watching an interview of pivx vs. verge. I think I'm going to looking into verge. Dude was crisp and concise

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Jun 19, 2017

How pleasant as a passive (long) holder of PIVX to see it at $1.84 after reaching as high as $1.94. It has been dragging its tail for so long in the $1.40-$1.60 range, that this is nice to see. If it breaks $2 again, that will get the attention of traders who may have given it up for dead.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jun 21, 2017

I like Did You Know #3 the best. Bryan is branding himself as the manic but friendly developer. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x62y0Ylg4Mc

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Long John wrote:I like Did You Know #3 the best. Bryan is branding himself as the manic but friendly developer. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x62y0Ylg4Mc

While #3 was funnier and more entertaining, the card is a cool feature that is practical. Many people lament cryptos by saying that "I can't spend them anywhere" but in reality we can now... I would just rather spend my fiat first as that is decreasing in purchasing power while crypto gains in popularity and value.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Jun 24, 2017

PIVX is knocking on $2.00's door this morning, and that's with Bitcoin in a mini-swoon. Remember when we longed to return to $2.00?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jun 24, 2017

Long John wrote:PIVX is knocking on $2.00's door this morning, and that's with Bitcoin in a mini-swoon. Remember when we longed to return to $2.00?

Yes, I remember. I also remember buying PIVX at $0.50 just over 3 months ago. Funny how PIVX seems to be the slow-crypto-mover yet has doubled or tripled in price (depending where one bought). What a world!

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Jun 24, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Yes, I remember. I also remember buying PIVX at $0.50 just over 3 months ago. Funny how PIVX seems to be the slow-crypto-mover yet has doubled or tripled in price (depending where one bought). What a world!

I believe my cheapest PIVX was around $0.65, and I really plunged in at $0.75, and again in the $1.00-$1.20 range. Also spent too much on the moonshot, to have enough for the first Master Node. After the 2nd Master Node I was basically just playing the swings to add BTC. A couple times it got down almost to my original entry point, during those panic sells, and I used those sort of as a bitcoin ATM after the rebounds... though I confess at the time I was not at all sure it would be a profitable play (no matter how confident I may have sounded). Obviously I should have held longer, made much more of a profit, but I couldn't know it at the time. But here we are, just shy of $2.00. We can thank bitcoin for some of that; it takes a smaller fraction of BTC to make $2.00 now. Still, PIVX has held up well in recent weeks, despite the waning interest and volume. The day will come when it's PIVX's turn to be flavor of the week again. Maybe not too long from now. Certainly when it implements ZeroCoin, and marketing kicks into gear.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 28, 2017

Bryan with an update:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jun 28, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Bryan with an update:

Things are moving. PIVX held up well in the crash, we're getting back on the radar of crypto-promoters (and doing our own promoting!) and as Bryan noted the community is growing. The admins voted that Bryan should shave :lol: but I dunno, the scruffy look has its appeal for the ladies.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 30, 2017

I just saw this good news update!

Chaboo
Turtle Supporter

Postby Chaboo » Fri Jun 30, 2017

Probably my favorite DYK yet. ...keep it purple people... :lol:
New to crypto-coins, join coinbase and get $10 (after you spend $100) https://www.coinbase.com/join/58d979166908ae017761881d

Get cash back from Mr Rebates for shopping online.
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=626685

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Jun 30, 2017

I don't know that I like the clowning around juxtaposed with such an important development, but ZeroCoin is what we've been waiting for. "Don't sell your PIVX before ZeroCoin!" has been the mantra. Now we get to see if it has a real effect on demand for our purple product. PIVX has been doing pretty well through the market's wild swings, but the volume is way down from its height as other shiny new toys have arrived to claim attention.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Whoa, look at PIVX fly. $2.44 at this moment. It's sucking money from other coins.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 30, 2017

Long John wrote:Whoa, look at PIVX fly. $2.44 at this moment. It's sucking money from other coins.

I think somebody may have hinted to not sell before Zerocoin protocol ;)

And it is only active in TestNet thus far!

Congrats PIVX holders - $5 here we come (eventually).

Long John
Turtle Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:I think somebody may have hinted to not sell before Zerocoin protocol ;)

Somebody did, but some panic-sold at $0.75 and less anyway. I think we both bought some of that. :thumbup: Though I flipped mine. :thumbdown: But there is still the master nodes. :thumbup:

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri Jun 30, 2017

good job gentlemen.. that guy snappy though gets more annoying as i watch. lol, but what's good is they come out with consistent news and forward progress. Should it dip, i'm ready to pick some up. Any of you guys have a good buy price on this?

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Someone told Bryan (Snappy) to NOT be boring. So he's kind of overcompensating a bit. I think a more serious, earnest approach would work better. But then, PIVX price skied right after he did his little skit there, so what do I know about marketing?

Buy-in point? If I was confident PIVX is going to $4 in 6 months, I would buy right now. I think it is very possible, but I am not sure how the market will react to developments. Even today's reaction: is it temporary? We've already seen a very natural and predictable sell-off after the initial moon to $2.50. Where will it settle? Personally I would not buy at $2.00-plus... or even $1.75-plus. If I had no PIVX at all, though, I would feel differently. In my case, I'm not buying substantially more unless it falls below $1.25. If it goes to $3 and stays there, of course that is a different kettle of kittens.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri Jun 30, 2017

Long John wrote:Someone told Bryan (Snappy) to NOT be boring. So he's kind of overcompensating a bit. I think a more serious, earnest approach would work better. But then, PIVX price skied right after he did his little skit there, so what do I know about marketing?

Buy-in point? If I was confident PIVX is going to $4 in 6 months, I would buy right now. I think it is very possible, but I am not sure how the market will react to developments. Even today's reaction: is it temporary? We've already seen a very natural and predictable sell-off after the initial moon to $2.50. Where will it settle? Personally I would not buy at $2.00-plus... or even $1.75-plus. If I had no PIVX at all, though, I would feel differently. In my case, I'm not buying substantially more unless it falls below $1.25. If it goes to $3 and stays there, of course that is a different kettle of kittens.

Just goes to show marketings importance. I'm comfortable in between your range. 1.75-1.25. I'll just set a buy around there and leave it.. thanks, you guys have a better feel for this..

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Jul 01, 2017

PIVX at $2.74 as I type this! Hold on tight, but for a ride farther up or down, I have no idea.

edit: Swooped up as high as $2.96, briefly, before people couldn't resist taking profit. Wonder where it will settle in at? Or if it will settle?

Return to “Bitcoin”