Alt-Coin PIVX

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin PIVX

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Jun 08, 2017

I took a look at HYP and decided I need to buy a Win-10 Laptop if I wanted to buy-in.

I've been running on a Chrome-Box for the past 3 years, AND ALTHOUGH I THINK IT IS THE BEST COMPUTER FOR USING THE INTERNET, Chrome isn't well supported by the Crypto-crowd.

I keep 20 browser tabs open, and it refreshes in 5 seconds. I'll probably connect it to the TV with a wireless keyboard and mouse, for Netflix, YouTube, and streaming videos.

BUT - I hate Windows. The Mac-mini is way-long over-due for am update. I don't do Linux.

Chrome is adding Android apps to their OS, but I'd have to buy a new Chrome-box and a touch-screen monitor. Even then, it isn't well supported in the crypto-world.

As soon as I buy a cheap Win-10 laptop, Apple will announce an upgrade for the Mac-Mini.

Apple used to be a solution, now they are just as evil as Microsoft. Go to hell Tim.

(thanks for letting me vent on the subject - it has been pissing me off for over 2 years).
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jun 08, 2017

Long John wrote:One wonders... There are people who long ago bailed on Bitcoin and later had to buy it back at a much higher price, hence much less of it, but wisely so. But when they first bailed, did they tell others that Bitcoin was crap and they should get out too?

Absolutely. Imagine buying silver at the peak, just under $50. Now you're sitting at under $20. You may be depressed, but not compared to the next scenario:

Now, imagine you saw bitcoin, finally overcame your doubts, and knew you were an early adopter in NOV 2013 and paid $1,132 per bitcoin, right at the peak. Then watched your tech / edgy / hip investment slowly crash down to $206 in JAN 2015 more than a year later, and you finally gave up the ghost and sold it all. Huge loss.

Now imagine I came along in JAN 2015 and I was the guy who bought your bitcoin from you at that price. And I just held. It has gone up by a factor of 13 since then. Or even worse, you could be a guy like Duane who could have had free bitcoin in 2011 and turned it down :lol: and then devote half your YouTube channel to telling people why bitcoin is a scam. [facepalm]

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:I have already purchased some HYP just knowing that PressTab is coming back into this project. It seems others have made this realization as well, and the price is already creeping up. The last 7 days HYP has gone from 10 sats to a current price of 40 sats, that is accumulation by people in the know. So the real market cap is between $900k and $1 million, which puts this coin in the 275-285 range on CMK. It has room to grow, and we will begin to see more activity on this coin. I have just bought in and look forward to messing around with the wallet, the UTXO splitter, and staking optimization. If anybody wants to learn crypto wallets on the cheap - this is a good coin to play around with for minimal cost/risk.

The cat is officially out of the bag now. HYP is trending up. Over double what I paid already from 8 hours ago at 40 sats. I knew it wouldn't be contained for long.

This may bounce back and forth a bit as it comes alive, and old holders sell not realizing the main dev is back, and others jump on board to get in while the coin is still cheap. Prepare for volatility and just play it smart.
Last edited by SilverDoge on Thu Jun 08, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Jun 08, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Now imagine I came along in JAN 2015 and I was the guy who bought your bitcoin from you at that price. And I just held. It has gone up by a factor of 13 since then. Or even worse, you could be a guy like Duane who could have had free bitcoin in 2011 and turned it down :lol: and then devote half your YouTube channel to telling people why bitcoin is a scam. [facepalm]

Yeah, I can imagine. A lot of bitterness and regret along the way. I forget where BTC was when I first became dimly aware of it and had no interest at all. But it was years before I became aware of it again, here. I think then it was $700, $800, something like that. Skeptic that I am, I took a lot of convincing... Here's my first receipt of Bitcoin, from a BS member who sent it to my Coinbase account on April 5. I paid the member by PPG.

You just received 0.5000 BTC (worth $570.87 USD) from an external Bitcoin account. It may take up to 30 minutes before your Bitcoin is available to trade.

And a week later, some joker named Travis helped me buy a full BTC for $1270. I'm going through my records, and it lifts the spirits to see what I paid for BTC when I paid fiat for it, compared to what people must pay now. So despite not being in much earlier and cheaper, I'm quite fond of my Bitcoin. :thumbup: Ethereum too. PIVX is not in that category, and shouldn't be compared, but I started buying PIVX at 75 cents as opposed to $75 for Ether or $1140 for Bitcoin. You might say I'm a PIVX Long Bull. :lol: Kinda have to be, thankfully, with these Master Nodes we started. Not tempted to be a weak hand. :lol:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:The cat is officially out of the bag now. HYP is trending up. Over double what I paid already from 8 hour ago at 40 sats. I knew it wouldn't be contained for long.

This may bounce back and forth a bit as it comes alive, and old holders sell not realizing the main dev is back, and others jump on board to get in while the coin is still cheap. Prepare for volatility and just play it smart.

I paid 47 sat and now it's 82. :clap: Thanks for the heads up earlier! As soon as it hits 85 I'm selling it all.

Just kidding.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:The cat is officially out of the bag now. HYP is trending up. Over double what I paid already from 8 hour ago at 40 sats. I knew it wouldn't be contained for long.

I paid 47 sat and now it's 82. :clap: Thanks for the heads up earlier! As soon as it hits 85 I'm selling it all.

Just kidding.

I wouldn't hold it against you ;)

Just buy back in before it goes to 300!

Long John
Turtle Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:II wouldn't hold it against you ;)

Just buy back in before it goes to 300!

It's tempting when the chance is there to double the bitcoin you paid a few hours earlier. But I wish I had been in on PIVX a month earlier than I was, when it was a few cents. I could have been a whale, and had multiple Master Nodes of my own. Now I'm a HyperWhale. :lol: Well, maybe more of a large porpoise. I didn't go ALL in.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

SilverDoge wrote: HyperStake supply is 900 million (not 385 million listed on CMK): http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hyperstake/

HYP slack channel: https://hyperstake.herokuapp.com/

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Long John wrote:You might say I'm a PIVX Long Bull. :lol: Kinda have to be, thankfully, with these Master Nodes we started. Not tempted to be a weak hand. :lol:

A Long Bull?

Welcome Sir, light a cigar while I pour you a glass.

You need to stay Long. Don't be a pussy.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

I think this old Bear needs to stay out of this conversation. You guys are way too much into a game that I'm missing out on. It HURT'S to say it, but I think I'm too old to play.

The CRUISE offer is still good. Stay thirsty my Friends!

: radio silence :

: an old man out :

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

This chart is showing HYP performance today. Still rising. Just went over 130.

HYP.png
HYP.png (62.14 KiB) Viewed 889 times

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Th PIVX connection is that presstab is involved in both?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:Th PIVX connection is that presstab is involved in both?

Yes. And once he finished coding for PIVX, it is much easier to implement similar features for HYP. Now the HYP coin does not have MasterNodes, just staking. And it is "highly" inflationary... see here: http://hypsupply.ml/

So you can start staking once your HYP coin has been vested in your wallet for 8 days. UTXO's between 15k-20k of HYP are best. And when you get a staking reward, it is for 1,000 HYP. 960,000 (maximum) HYP are generated every day as staking rewards.

So for every inflationary crypto coin like PIVX, but much more so with HYP, even if price remains constant - the value overall is slightly increasing as the coin supply increases and price doesn't drop.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

I see. Well, I made a modest buy at 47 with available BTC on Cryptopia, then after digging deeper into it, a series of buys just over 50 with some XBY profit. Decided I didn't want to send over any more BTC. I think I'm topped off now, unless it slides back down below 50. Next step is accelerating the sync with that bootstrap file.

Awhile ago I bought a used laptop to back up this one, and any staking projects. That's another reason HYP appealed to me, to put that machine to work.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Jun 09, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:HYP slack channel: https://hyperstake.herokuapp.com/

Very small community at this point, so nobody was there. I had a question about my wallet. It went out of sync just as I sent my HYP from Cryptopia and is now on a pace to sync in days or weeks, despite the bootstrap file (which seemed to work until it went out of sync). Now my HYP is somewhere in the chain, I hope, waiting for my wallet to sync up again. WIth 342,577 blocks remaining, it has a long wait.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jun 09, 2017

Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:HYP slack channel: https://hyperstake.herokuapp.com/

Very small community at this point, so nobody was there. I had a question about my wallet. It went out of sync just as I sent my HYP from Cryptopia and is now on a pace to sync in days or weeks, despite the bootstrap file (which seemed to work until it went out of sync). Now my HYP is somewhere in the chain, I hope, waiting for my wallet to sync up again. WIth 342,577 blocks remaining, it has a long wait.

When I initially download a wallet, I always download the chain first without any bootstrapping. I know it is tempting to shortcut it, but I find that downloading a clean chain initially has just been the smoothest - though it obviously takes time. My HYP is still syncing (almost done?).

The slack was just reborn yesterday so it will take a bit to get some people online.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Jun 09, 2017

We might want to ask a mod to split HYP off into a new thread. Sort of a hard fork. :lol:

HYP's price has been all over the place, but volume has quadrupled since yesterday. Word is getting around from word of mouth. The last YouTube video was a wallet tute from 2 years ago, before it went dormant. When they're ready to saddle up, I hope there will be some marketing, some whispering in the ears of prominent crypto commentators.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jun 17, 2017

The latest video update from team PIVX... some really good stuff in here. We havent had a lot of news in awhile so the next month or two could get interesting with some of this stuff getting implemented.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Sat Jun 17, 2017

Their marketing is getting better. I think i can look at them again.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Jun 17, 2017

Maybe HYP can rent out Bryan as a spokesmodel? :lol: He is a likable, believable guy. I have a good feeling about PIVX's path forward.

Return to “Bitcoin”