Alt-Coin PIVX

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin PIVX

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Jun 06, 2017

PIVX needs a hot-chick spokesperson? Seriously?

Sell your PIVX, and buy Ethereum or Bitcoin.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Jun 06, 2017

PIVXpress #2 in the works. But still no hot chick. What's wrong with these people? :lol:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 07, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:PIVX needs a hot-chick spokesperson? Seriously?

Sell your PIVX, and buy Ethereum or Bitcoin.

Fixed it for you. We know you have "oneitis" for your first love. ;)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:PIVXpress #2 in the works. But still no hot chick. What's wrong with these people? :lol:

Think about the contrarian play here - it might be genius. Guys will come to PIVX if it logically makes sense, regardless of the spokesmen. The ladies might come to PIVX if we have a Ryan Gosling look alike. Ladies in crypto space is currently a nearly untapped market.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Jun 07, 2017

Sell that PIVX junk, go with the leader. I love you guys, you crack me up.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:Sell that PIVX junk, go with the leader. I love you guys, you crack me up.

NOT happening.

August 1st is a key day. With a little luck, PIVX will have zerocoin protocol fully implemented and functioning making it the ONLY private, instant transaction Proof of Stake crypto in existence. This will align with the BIP148 bitcoin protocol upgrade which will see market turmoil.

Bitcoin is already slow and cumbersome. Great for wealth transfer, or perhaps some online purchases (if you don't mind higher fees). But once this turmoil hits, and miners do their unique thing (with a possible fork :shock: in the bitcoin chain - FUD alert!) people are going to seek out better currency alternatives that are private, low fee, and instant.

They can go to Dash - which is not really private, or Monero - centrally controlled, or come to the right spot: PIVX.

To sell now would be a fools errand. If you've held out this long, might as well wait to be in the green if you need to sell.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jun 07, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:The ladies might come to PIVX if we have a Ryan Gosling look alike. Ladies in crypto space is currently a nearly untapped market.

Then tap it, I say. I can always watch Heidi's vids if I want a hot crypto chick.

Meanwhile, PIVX hit $1.83 overnight and currently sits at $1.71. Ignore the weak-hand advice that keeps getting burped here, folks, even if it drops down below its $1.50ish resistance. As I told my Master Node compadres: 4 cents on March 1. Today $1.71. Oh yes, hard times indeed. The April rocket ride spoiled us, we soared over the rest of crypto land. Since then it's been swoops and plunges and a lot of sideways doldrums while other coins did the soaring (and plunging). But think big picture. I've moved in and out of coins to build up my BTC and ETH foundation, but PIVX is a long-term play... like BTC and ETH were in their youth.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

The ladies go home with the guy who holds Gold.
The ladies seriously listen to the guy who has Bitcoin.
The ladies laugh about the guy who holds PIVX.

What's in your wallet?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:The ladies go home with the guy who holds Gold.
The ladies seriously listen to the guy who has Bitcoin.
The ladies laugh about the guy who holds PIVX.

What's in your wallet?

I must be lucky then. Holding all 3 allows the ladies to laugh with me, then listen to me, then go home with me.

My wife might object to the third part though ;)

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Well.....at least I don't get laughed at.

Chaboo
Turtle Supporter

Postby Chaboo » Wed Jun 07, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Well.....at least I don't get laughed at.

:lol: :lol:
Now that's funny.
New to crypto-coins, join coinbase and get $10 (after you spend $100) https://www.coinbase.com/join/58d979166908ae017761881d

Get cash back from Mr Rebates for shopping online.
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=626685

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

We are all getting laughed at my friend. Those silly crypto bulls (or is it bears) can't even get along in their own threads.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

I'll post this in Alt-Coins too. Gary Palmer Jr. is kinda small-time as cryptoTubers go, but in this vid he has some interesting thoughts about the major forks: Ethereum Classic, LiteCoin and PIVX.

He dwells mostly on LiteCoin ... which I exchanged for ETH and do not regret that at all, since ETH has gained $100 since then and LTC has stayed in the $25-$30 range (not counting the crypto-wide crash). I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to trade a little back, when ratios allow me to get 10 LTC per ETH. In that neighborhood.

But Gary also talks about PIVX's appeal and its potential for gain compared to the other coins in its category. I generally take such blue-sky prognostications and cut them at least in half, if not more. But he makes some sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmxicjMhVJY

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:

We are all getting laughed at my friend. Those silly crypto bulls (or is it bears) can't even get along in their own threads.

Hey, take your girl to the mall for some new shoes and dinner. Tasteful lingerie never hurts. There are always hugs, kisses, and gratitude. Gratitude goes a long way in a relationship.

We'll have the last laugh.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

OK, who ordered the extra large pizza with no sauce, cheese, or toppings? I think it got delivered to the wrong thread.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

One of those nights where BTC is down (-5%) and PIVX is strong (+13.5%). The order depth chart is interesting, with buy orders facing down sell orders like Gandalf on the bridge vs. the Balrog. Note the huge buy wall propping up the price, and the smaller stairstep walls on the sell side ready to block a rush upward. I don't really care for walls on either side; they tend to reflect the desires of a few deep pockets rather than the natural trend if the market could have its head.

Another interesting thing is the sheer bulk of the buy side. True, a lot of it is silly-low buy orders hoping to scoop up if there's a crash. But that's A LOT of Bitcoin tied up there, exposed on the exchange, not sitting safe in a wallet, not being tasked to buy other things.

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 9.40.28 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 9.40.28 PM.jpg (111.74 KiB) Viewed 728 times

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Jun 08, 2017

Bitcoin Long-bulls don't worry about the price of Bitcoin. I'm in under $150 - You think i care about the price of Bitcoin?

We got in cheap. Now, we might have added during the drops, but the Longs-Bulls are in cheap - we don't care.

We see the future. We don't see PIVX. Buy XBT, ETH, or Qutm. Sell PIVX - you should be profitable - get out now.

PIVX is junk - get out while you still can.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jun 08, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:PIVX is junk - get out while you still can.

If you don't like PIVX, you're definitely not going to like this.....

One of the primary devs of PIVX is named PressTab who works on several projects, bounces around and freelances stuff, and has other back-burner projects. Well I just learned that PressTab is going to be using some of his spare time while not working PIVX to help resurrect another crypto where he originally was one of the lead devs - HyperStake (HYP). The cofounder of HyperStake, David Latapie, who owned HyperStake.com, has recently passed away. So the website to the coin doesn't even work (currently). I'm not even tracking a slack for HYP right now (using Crypto-city right now instead) but one might be created soon.

Here are some of PressTabs recent quotes in the last 2 weeks in the ANN on bitcointalk:
"I myself have stayed pretty busy with a lot of other crypto-currency 'for hire' jobs, and have unfortunately not had time to develop HYP within the last year. Fortunately it was left in a great state and still works very well. I am starting up with a few ideas and looking over the codebase."
"I would personally like to work on some code for staking activated governance system implemented in HyperStake. It would allow us to make decisions for HYP without as much smoke and mirrors. For example, there is absolutely no reason to continue hashing the block header in X11 instead of sha256, it just adds over 11 times more strain to the syncing process and no additional security."
"Has anyone thought about the possibility of using segwit with PoS? I have begun looking through the segwit code for bitcoin. Although we don't have a scaling problem, segwit solves some other problems such as malleability. It could be interesting subject to explore."
"I am working on HYP right now. Nothing major will happen over night though. I am just making some small efficiency changes to the code here and there. If you are looking for major developments in the core code over night, its not going to happen. HYP is time proven, so I don't see any reason to rush out with sh*t code instead of being more methodical."
"I am working on a custom implementation of the zerocoin protocol for PIVX. If things go well with that, we [HYP coin] could definitely take a look if there is interest. There are a few other items from pivx that we could borrow, such as the multisig gui that is being developed right now, which requires no forks or anything special."

And this quote from another big time HYP holder and senior member bitmaster1x:
There are lots of exciting things brewing in the pipeline in regards to the future of HYP. There are no announcements yet, but there will be soon enough. It's definitely something everyone will appreciate. So be sure to also register @ Crypto-city to keep up to date and join the conversation.
In the next 2-3 months, Crypto-city will undergo a complete renovation. A fresh new look and feel will emerge. We are definitely excited!
https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/h ... e-hyp-ann/

Follow up post in 3.2.1....

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jun 08, 2017

I'm going to keep HYP in the PIVX thread and not create a new one (for now). I often complain about not getting in on the ground floor of a quality project, or finding out about it too late after the insiders have made the bigger gains. Somebody on the PIVX trading slack sniffed this out. HYP was a semi-dormant coin. It used to be listed on Polo, and I want to say Bittrex too, but now the largest exchange that carries it is Cryptopia. The volume is not large.

HyperStake supply is 900 million (not 385 million listed on CMK): http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hyperstake/

It is a highly inflationary (Staking) coin... Hyper-Stake. It uses PoS, and forces users to divide up their UTXO's to optimize staking and thereby making the network more highly secure. Here is PressTab's explanation on the inflation rate posted in March 2016 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... sg14360205

Block Explorer: http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/HYP/index.php
Bitcointalk ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.0
Wallets: https://github.com/hyperstake/HyperStake/releases
FAQ about HYP: http://hyperstake.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
Informative video:

I have already purchased some HYP just knowing that PressTab is coming back into this project. It seems others have made this realization as well, and the price is already creeping up. The last 7 days HYP has gone from 10 sats to a current price of 40 sats, that is accumulation by people in the know. So the real market cap is between $900k and $1 million, which puts this coin in the 275-285 range on CMK. It has room to grow, and we will begin to see more activity on this coin. I have just bought in and look forward to messing around with the wallet, the UTXO splitter, and staking optimization. If anybody wants to learn crypto wallets on the cheap - this is a good coin to play around with for minimal cost/risk.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Jun 08, 2017

One wonders... There are people who long ago bailed on Bitcoin and later had to buy it back at a much higher price, hence much less of it, but wisely so. But when they first bailed, did they tell others that Bitcoin was crap and they should get out too?

Return to “Bitcoin”