Alt-Coins

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby Silversaving » Sat Feb 03, 2018

Marchas45 wrote:What do you guys and girls know about CNX is this coin a farce? Just found 1000 on my mews wallet

someone jsut gave you $6.5k?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cryptonex/
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Feb 04, 2018

Silversaving wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:What do you guys and girls know about CNX is this coin a farce? Just found 1000 on my mews wallet

someone jsut gave you $6.5k?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cryptonex/

This is likely some sort of scam. I saw 1,000 CNX on my MEW as well months ago and looked into it a bit. I tried to move it to a CNX address on an exchange to sell it all and I couldn't get it to work.

This also looks a bit shady: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6z4y1c/wtf_is_going_on/

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Sun Feb 04, 2018

Yes it reads like a scam. The cnx person kept saying it was a bonus, but never specified to the people who never made a purchase of cnx but received them anyway.....

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Feb 04, 2018

My bubble is blown. Lol Yep I tried sending with no luck and wasted a couple of hrs reading about CNX plus they can't be removed from the wallet
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Sun Feb 04, 2018

Well if it makes you feel better someone sent my MEW 5 ROPE. So now when the market tanks I have something to hang myself with :)
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Feb 04, 2018

Coin that can be put into your wallet without your knowledge or consent, and can't be removed? :shock: I would be concerned about a Trojan horse: something malicious contained in this "gift." Can the admins of MEW remove it?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Feb 04, 2018

Long John wrote:Coin that can be put into your wallet without your knowledge or consent, and can't be removed? :shock: I would be concerned about a Trojan horse: something malicious contained in this "gift." Can the admins of MEW remove it?

MEW is simply an interface. It would take ETH developers to create a situation where a project needed permission to air-drop a token to publicly available addresses. But then you get the centralization and "permission" problems. So ETH does not have such constraints (currently). Now NEO is well aware of this "problem" and doesn't like it or scammy ICOs. So they require projects to spend 500 GAS to launch a project using NEP-5 token standards on the NEO blockchain. Is this the right answer? Maybe, maybe not. But it is one thing that separates NEO from ETH.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Feb 07, 2018

Here is a report from BitMex on the "crypto" coin called Ripple. Oddly it is in most exchanges' best interest to say only positive things about the cryptos that they offer for buy/selling, but here we see BitMex lay down the gauntlet:
https://blog.bitmex.com/the-ripple-story/

Highlights:
In 2015, Ripple took advantage of the Ripple freeze feature instituted in August 2014. The Bitstamp gateway froze funds belonging to a family member of Jed McCaleb. Some consider this ironic: Ripple originally stated that the freeze feature was implemented to enable gateways to comply with orders from law enforcement yet the first actual usage of the feature appears to have been an order to comply with an instruction from the Ripple company itself, against one of the founders.

The BitMEX Research team is unable to understand the detailed inner workings of the system or how it has any of the convergent properties necessary for consensus systems.

In January 2018, the BitMEX Research team installed and ran a copy of Rippled for the purpose of this report. The node operated by downloading a list of five public keys from the server v1.ripple.com, as the screenshot below shows. All five keys are assigned to Ripple.com. The software indicates that four of the five keys are required to support a proposal in order for it to be accepted. Since the keys were all downloaded from the Ripple.com server, Ripple is essentially in complete control of moving the ledger forward, so one could say that the system is centralized.

Apparently, Ripple is missing 32,570 blocks from the start of the ledger and nodes are not able to obtain this data. This means that one may be unable to audit the whole chain and the full path of Ripple’s original 100 billion XRP launch. This could be of concern to some, especially given Powell’s comments, which indicate that there may have been resets of the ledger in the early period.

More significant than the disputes is the fact that the Ripple system appears for all practical purposes to be centralized and is therefore perhaps devoid of any interesting technical characteristics.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Feb 13, 2018

We all know that China counterfeits almost anything. But ICO whitepapers? It's true. Just like you can buy a college paper on the Internet, you can buy a whitepaper for your scam ICO.

One of the whitepaper mills made a sales pitch to Beijing News, which was posing as a prospective customer:

"We can falsify the education and professional background of these ICO teams. Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cambridge, Apple, Google, you name it. And we will ensure their profile pictures remain unsearchable on the internet,"

https://www.coindesk.com/600-fraud-fake ... -in-china/

Southpaw
Gold Supporter

Postby Southpaw » Tue Feb 13, 2018

Looking to add a platform play and was curious of thoughts on which of the five I have listed might take the biggest bite out of the gorilla Ethereum.
EOS
Neo
Qtum
Cardano
Icon
I realize there are more than ones I have listed but was just looking for random thoughts on these.

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Tue Feb 13, 2018

By all local opinions, ADA (cardano) is all hype. Huge market cap and no product, ppl say that's not motivating them to actually do anything. The price has reflected this recently.
ICX should be doing some things, this is the year for NEO and it's dapps to shine
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Zelle , Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Wed Feb 14, 2018

Airdrop anyone?
OjuT is a travel-industry token out of Thailand.
https://oju.io/t/refer/Kwgkdg020Bc
This is a referral link, so I will get some as well.
Some ppl are reporting large rewards and some are getting like 2 coins.
I have 6. Free money is free money
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Zelle , Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Feb 15, 2018

Silverkid wrote:Some ppl are reporting large rewards and some are getting like 2 coins.

Where are they turning it into large rewards and free money? OjuT doesn't exist on any exchange that I can see.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Thu Feb 15, 2018

Long John wrote:
Silverkid wrote:Some ppl are reporting large rewards and some are getting like 2 coins.

Where are they turning it into large rewards and free money? OjuT doesn't exist on any exchange that I can see.

They are saying its worth $5. You're right though LJ. Soemtimes these airdrops are ok, othertimes its just a way to get your information. Especially considering you have to login and provide some details. I passed. Also, token not on exchange so value is arbitrary

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Thu Feb 15, 2018

Long John wrote:

They are (supposedly) gonna be listed on some exchanges next month.
The difference between this and any other "scammy" coin? My VERY good friend has met the team in thailand in person.
I am in contact with their online reps and they are freely sharing information, chatting when i want to.
I feel good about the project; If you get the free coins, hold them until they are moveable and i will buy or trade silver as soon as the wallet is done and coins are moveable.
This one will be good

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Thu Feb 15, 2018

Almost pulled the trigger on some icon last night, but saw ELF lagging behind so pulled the trigger on some more of that to lower my cost average.

Almost bought VEN too but opted for more NEO instead. Damnit, so much I want to buy but limited funds since my truck decided to croak on me today. Geez having a 2nd kid really cuts into the fun money fund these days.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Thu Feb 15, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:Almost pulled the trigger on some icon last night, but saw ELF lagging behind so pulled the trigger on some more of that to lower my cost average.

Almost bought VEN too but opted for more NEO instead. Damnit, so much I want to buy but limited funds since my truck decided to croak on me today. Geez having a 2nd kid really cuts into the fun money fund these days.

Days of our Lives in this game... As soon as you buy one, the other will go up. When you sell, it'll go up. It's the crypto way.

ttitle

Postby ttitle » Thu Feb 15, 2018

Well, I did it. I used Silverkid's link if someone wants to conga and use mine: https://oju.io/t/refer/KccPsoqxL6c

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sun Feb 18, 2018

Just jumped on the Blocklancer ICO (LNC)that jsnip4 put out, so we will see what happens.

https://www.blocklancer.net/?affiliate=15214
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins (AML Bitcoin) Keeping Your Biometrics on Blockchain

Postby Brick's » Sun Feb 18, 2018

Going down the rabbit hole for Hill Top Security (Launching a biometric platform for all cryptocurrencies and a highly secure platform for mining industry and PM traders) and while looking at biometrics for cryptocurrencies I came across AML (anti money laundering) Bitcoin (ABTC): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0z3tZPDV4M

I can see where some will want this coin in order to be compliant with all the government regulations but once they activate all the features of the coin (going from token to coin,) holders will be required to set up a certified digital identify profile to receive the upgraded coin:

1) Show two forms of government ID (i.e. drivers license, passport).

2) Provide biometric scan of face, iris, fingerprint.

3) You are now compliant with AML, CFT, AFF, OFAC, BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT, FACT and others.

At least that's how I read their white paper.
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

"It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
- Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”