Alt-Coins

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Dec 10, 2017

Marchas45 wrote:I'm on EtherDelta and I'm having a problem sending from the wallet to EtherDelta wallet prior to buying. Here is the message I keep getting.

Your wallet's ETH balance (2.098 ETH) is not enough to cover the gas cost (Ethereum network fee). EtherDelta sends 62.5 ETH with each transaction. This is an overestimate and the excess will get refunded to you. It's a good idea to send more than 62.5 so you can pay for not only this transaction, but also future transactions you do on EtherDelta. The gas has to come directly from your Wallet (EtherDelta has no physical way of paying gas from your deposited ETH).

So is this telling me I need to have more ETH on their site. Lol What is a typical Gas Cost?

EtherDelta (ED), while being a decentralized exchange, is about the most non-user friendly exchange I've ever used. I only use it in conjunction with Meta-Mask as that method involves signing each transaction. May I ask why you chose EtherDelta? The ETH network is a pain in the azz right now.

Here are 2 websites to help you estimate how much gas you need on the ETH network:
https://ethgasstation.info/index.php
https://ethgasstation.info/calculatorTxV.php

And here is Heidi demonstrating how to use ED:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Dec 10, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:I still believe Tezos will pull through all the cow poo that's going on and be a leader in the Crypto world. It better, I have over .7 of a BTC involved Lol
Either I will make a bunch or lose a bunch. It was only .35 when I bought in I believe.

Want to make a bet? Tezos is a loser. I'll go 1 oz of my precious Englehard that you are wrong.

Tezos is a Ponzi scheme that will fail next year.

So what is the bet? Tezos is a "loser" is a fairly subjective measurement of performance.

I give crypto noobs/skeptics a hard time for using the term Ponzi for bitcoin, but here you are calling Tezos a ponzi with no evidence. If the Breitman's were to run off to Siberia with all the $$$$, it wouldn't be a ponzi, it would just be a scam/fraud.

Anyone who invested in Tezos knew there would be a long wait until MainNet and launch. They did the opposite of EOS which has a year long ICO, and made their token trade-able immediately.

You made a good case, so the terms are this. The price of Tezos has to be higher in 1 year from today.

I'll give 10 individual bets. My precious Engelhard vs whatever crap silver you own. PM me. 1 oz bets.

I love you guys. LMFAO :thumbup:

BTW - Bitcoin is $16,750. How are your sh#tcoins working out for you?
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Dec 10, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:BTW - Bitcoin is $16,750. How are your sh#tcoins working out for you?

All right, Mr. Long Bull. You want to talk smack? A month go you were calling Bitcoin a "rudderless sailboat" that would be replaced by Bitcoin Cash.
Bucketeer wrote: I still believe that BTC will decline and BCH will increase until "relative parity" is established.
BCC.............$5905
BCH.............$1813
BTG..............$450
-------------------------
..................$8168
It's happening right before our eyes!

Bucketeer wrote:I'm a Bitcoin Bull, but I believe BCH is going to replace Bitcoin.

Bucketeer wrote:I see price parity coming with BTC/BCH, with perhaps a small premium to BCH. I think that BTC will decrease in value while BCH rises in value until relative parity is established. I think that BTC will decrease in value while BCH rises in value until relative parity is established.

Bucketeer wrote:I dunno John. It seems to me that everything that BTC does, BCH does better. The Bitcoin infrastructure supports BCH. BCH has leadership and direction, BTC is like a rudderless sailboat. I just see a scenario when BTC looses users who migrate to BCH. BTC goes down in price, while BCH gains. I'm giving some serious thought to trading 50% of my BTC for BCH.

So, how did your sh#tcoin work out for you compared to the Rudderless Sailboat? OK, I admit this is a low blow, hitting you with what must be a painful experience. And I admit the Hydrocodone has lowered my inhibitions along with other side-effects. But I'm !@#$% tired of you slamming everyone here and giving yourself undeserved titles. Just get off your high horse, man, and be a brother with everyone here ... even me.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Dec 11, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:You made a good case, so the terms are this. The price of Tezos has to be higher in 1 year from today.

I'll give 10 individual bets. My precious Engelhard vs whatever crap silver you own. PM me. 1 oz bets.

You left out the most important detail. Price of Tezos priced in dollars, or price of Tezos priced in bitcoin?

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Dec 11, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:You made a good case, so the terms are this. The price of Tezos has to be higher in 1 year from today.

You left out the most important detail. Price of Tezos priced in dollars, or price of Tezos priced in bitcoin?

Bad bet, IMO. The rigged IOU price on HitBTC (the only "today" price available) is $3.70 at this hour. If Tezos is still stuck in the muck in a year, that will certainly go down. If Tezos is launched and on the exchanges, the price will almost certainly be lower than $3.70, if only because real market forces will determine the price. There is a low probability of winning. On the other hand, the most you can lose (or win) is 1 oz. of silver so it's more of a bragging-rights thing. You are much better versed in betting than I am, Travis, obviously. :lol: If anyone can squeeze a win out of this loaded bet, you can.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Dec 12, 2017

Silversaving wrote:Wagerr (WGR) finally taking off. I grabbed a bunch of this many months ago. They had some issues and annoying delays. But looks like they are launching their main net in January now and the price action is flying up. For a while I was just hopeful I'd get my money back on this.....now it looks like I'll be taking a profit after all.

Knock on wood. WGR over $0.20. ICO was 5 cents - so not NEO performance or anything, but who would have guessed that we'd be scoffing at "only" a 4x in under a year? :lol:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Dec 12, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:

USD

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

USD

So on 10DEC17, the XTZ price was $3.30. So on 10DEC18 if the USD price of (the actual) Tezos is $3.31 or above I would win, and if it is $3.30 or less I would lose? And I get 10:1 odds, right?

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Dec 12, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:So on 10DEC17, the XTZ price was $3.30. So on 10DEC18 if the USD price of (the actual) Tezos is $3.31 or above I would win, and if it is $3.30 or less I would lose? And I get 10:1 odds, right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:So on 10DEC17, the XTZ price was $3.30. So on 10DEC18 if the USD price of (the actual) Tezos is $3.31 or above I would win, and if it is $3.30 or less I would lose? And I get 10:1 odds, right?

You guys crack me up. :thumbup:

I don't do 10-1. You either win 1 Oz or lose 1 Oz. Price is $3.31 It has to be higher to win on 10DEC2018.

Tezos is a Ponzi. You will lose this bet Doge.

I'm only making 15 bets, 1 per customer.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:
Long John wrote:

You guys crack me up. :thumbup:

I don't do 10-1. You either win 1 Oz or lose 1 Oz. Price is $3.31 It has to be higher to win on 10DEC2018.

Tezos is a Ponzi. You will lose this bet Doge.

I'm only making 15 bets, 1 per customer.

Bet is ON. I will take your Engelhard.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Thank you Doge. The bet is ON.

If I lose, you will receive a vintage Canadian Red Label Engelhard, but you will have to explain how I need to ship it to Italy. :lol:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:Thank you Doge. The bet is ON.

If I lose, you will receive a vintage Canadian Red Label Engelhard, but you will have to explain how I need to ship it to Italy. :lol:

I will be back before the bet is over.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Long John wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:BTW - Bitcoin is $16,750. How are your sh#tcoins working out for you?

All right, Mr. Long Bull. You want to talk smack? A month go you were calling Bitcoin a "rudderless sailboat" that would be replaced by Bitcoin Cash.
Bucketeer wrote: I still believe that BTC will decline and BCH will increase until "relative parity" is established.
BCC.............$5905
BCH.............$1813
BTG..............$450
-------------------------
..................$8168
It's happening right before our eyes!

Bucketeer wrote:I'm a Bitcoin Bull, but I believe BCH is going to replace Bitcoin.

Bucketeer wrote:I see price parity coming with BTC/BCH, with perhaps a small premium to BCH. I think that BTC will decrease in value while BCH rises in value until relative parity is established. I think that BTC will decrease in value while BCH rises in value until relative parity is established.

Bucketeer wrote:I dunno John. It seems to me that everything that BTC does, BCH does better. The Bitcoin infrastructure supports BCH. BCH has leadership and direction, BTC is like a rudderless sailboat. I just see a scenario when BTC looses users who migrate to BCH. BTC goes down in price, while BCH gains. I'm giving some serious thought to trading 50% of my BTC for BCH.

So, how did your sh#tcoin work out for you compared to the Rudderless Sailboat? OK, I admit this is a low blow, hitting you with what must be a painful experience. And I admit the Hydrocodone has lowered my inhibitions along with other side-effects. But I'm !@#$% tired of you slamming everyone here and giving yourself undeserved titles. Just get off your high horse, man, and be a brother with everyone here ... even me.

Good advice John, thank you. Be careful with the Hydro.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Dec 12, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Good advice John, thank you. Be careful with the Hydro.

An unexpected answer, and I take my hat off. The Hydro, well, it's mostly a foggy state, I wouldn't describe it as a high. But I have periods of clarity. I try to limit my trading to those periods. :lol:

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Sun Dec 24, 2017

Dogecoin is worth over a billion dollars....

What kind of world am I living in?
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

toddler81

Postby toddler81 » Sun Dec 24, 2017

What do you guys make of all the apps available for mining, etc?
Get $25 off Brooklinen Sheets
https://share.brooklinen.com/x/RdX4ZK

Join coinbase. We both get $10!
https://www.coinbase.com/join/595fcda9feff9f014857eb6e

:wanted: BU GOLD LIBERTADS
1/20 oz: 2009,10,11,13
1/10 oz: 1994,2000,03,04,08 ... offering up to $300

:wanted: 1998 FRACTIONAL SILVER PROOF LIBERTADS (1/20, 1/10, 1/4)

:wanted: 2007, 2008, 2012 kangaroos on card

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Fri Dec 29, 2017

ZCL has gone from $10 to just under $100 in the span of THREE DAYS! :o

EDIT: Just smashed through $100. Sitting at $108 now, up 200% in the last 24 hrs.

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Fri Dec 29, 2017

HOdlcoin... sell or HODL???

Sorry, couldn’t resist.
ImageImage
Get $175 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/MPWZN4G2U2

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”