Alt-Coins

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby silverpv » Sat Oct 21, 2017

Hey guys,

I wanted to get some feedback for my latest project. I've retooled the token explorer and tried to simplify the info..

https://ikeo.io.

Plugin any address with tokens. I still need to fix the graph and working on saving wallets to an account.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Oct 30, 2017

Medium: Why many Cryptocurrencies still don’t bring value to any market

https://medium.com/@jeancharlesgasche/why-cryptocurrencies-still-dont-bring-value-to-any-market-c3113f3f6056
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Oct 30, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Medium: Why many Cryptocurrencies still don’t bring value to any market

https://medium.com/@jeancharlesgasche/why-cryptocurrencies-still-dont-bring-value-to-any-market-c3113f3f6056

He makes a couple good points, but then goes on to speak highly of.... Ripple? :roll: [the devil's coin]

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Oct 30, 2017

Ripple will probably do OK, but I'd pass on Ripple too.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Nov 01, 2017

A lot of alt-coins in the red the last few days with this bitcoin surge. The BTC dominance saw a low of 37.68% on June 20th this year, and has been steadily rising ever since. Now back to over 59%. The question is will this dominance continue. I doubt we get back to the 87% where we started the year at, but who knows.

BTC Dominance.png
BTC Dominance.png (125.26 KiB) Viewed 326 times

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Nov 01, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:A lot of alt-coins in the red the last few days with this bitcoin surge. The BTC dominance saw a low of 37.68% on June 20th this year, and has been steadily rising ever since. Now back to over 59%.

Consolidating to Bitcoin this summer has worked out well, though I did not foresee this happening so soon. Should have done even more with Ethereum, and may still, when the inevitable BTC pullback happens (pull back to what, $7000? :lol:) Neo, my other remaining alt, is so cheap vs. BTC now, there really is no option but to HODL for Chinese developments to bust it out. Some of my former alts are now half or even a third of their BTC value when I sold them into Bitcoin. Dollar value is not as bad, thanks to BTC's dollar value. My time horizon and goals are shorter term than you young bulls with your alt ICOs. You can wait patiently for years, even decades if need be. For the nearer term, I decided a couple months ago BTC was the better play, though I was filled with self-doubt when BTC crashed (again). This is just crazy, though. I wasn't expecting $6500 until next year some time, if even then.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Nov 01, 2017

Long John wrote:This is just crazy, though. I wasn't expecting $6500 until next year some time, if even then.

Ditto - I was thinking maybe $3K at EOY 2017.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Nov 07, 2017

Is anyone familiar with or using Komodo (KMD)? I've been curious about ICO platforms, especially since China has done the ICO ban route. KMD seems to be a possible way around that:

https://blog.komodoplatform.com/the-decentralized-ico-platform-9a3291b5cfa3

And it has other unique features as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/79l08q/komodo_and_monaize_present_the_first/

However it uses a Delayed Proof of Work (dPoW) consensus algorithm which I am not really familiar with: https://supernet.org/en/technology/whitepapers/delayed-proof-of-work-dpow

Anybody have experience or comments/opinions on KMD or a dPoW system?

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Wed Nov 08, 2017

Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Nov 10, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Bitconnect in default, seized by the British Government. The assets now belong to The Crown

That is a super long link. Bitconnect was a rumored scam for a while now.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Nov 11, 2017

If true, why is BitConnect still being traded? The long URL didn't connect to anything for me, and I haven't found any other report about it.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Sat Nov 11, 2017

Sure hope so. It's been one of the biggest and well known ponzi's going for a while now. Everyone knew at some point it would blow up spectacularly (likely damaging cryptocurrencies as a whole in the process). Every time I'd see it rising higher I'd get a sick feeling in my stomach because I knew at some point it would implode....and the larger it got before then, the worse it would be. Hope it's well and done with now.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Nov 11, 2017

I checked the link before I submitted it, and it was working. Let me see if I can find the letter.

Altima

Postby Altima » Sat Nov 11, 2017

Eww Bitconnect. Clearly a scam but I pity the people (mostly less-educated people) that gets sucked up into such ponzi schemes.

Have you seen their "conventions"?
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Nov 11, 2017

Well, the scam is down only 5% (not far off other alts) since this news, which doesn't seem to have been picked up by the leading crypto news sites. I would have thought it would be down 50% or more, or trading halted, on news of being "in default" and "assets seized." I wish BitConnect would go away (after victims get their money back) but it doesn't appear to be happening yet.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Nov 11, 2017

Long John wrote:Well, the scam is down only 5% (not far off other alts) since this news, which doesn't seem to have been picked up by the leading crypto news sites. I would have thought it would be down 50% or more, or trading halted, on news of being "in default" and "assets seized." I wish BitConnect would go away (after victims get their money back) but it doesn't appear to be happening yet.

This website actually lists Bitconnect as a scam: https://onchainfx.com/

Bytecoin, which I'm not familiar with, is listed as a scam too, with FirstCoin as a "possible scam"

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Nov 12, 2017

A little education for today:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Nov 13, 2017

Altima wrote:Eww Bitconnect. Clearly a scam but I pity the people (mostly less-educated people) that gets sucked up into such ponzi schemes.

Have you seen their "conventions"?

Do tell...

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Nov 13, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:I checked the link before I submitted it, and it was working. Let me see if I can find the letter.

I can't find it, but the link was directly to the letter from the British Common House. Maybe the Brits took it down, but it seemed authentic.

Return to “Bitcoin”