Alt-Coins

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby Long John » Tue Sep 05, 2017

CMC has climbed back to almost $150 billion at this hour, after dropping to as low as $136 billion overnight. That's a lot of green flowing back into the market. Bitcoin, too, dipped just below $4K but has gained more than $300 back.

Silversaving

Postby Silversaving » Tue Sep 05, 2017

Yep, got to have iron resolve to play in cryptos these days. Lots of big swings

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Sep 05, 2017

Side note.. everex got hacked, funds are ok but server got compromised. They are fixing it now

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Sep 06, 2017

$20 billion has come back to the market in less than a day and almost everything is green. I don't understand these panic sells. Isn't it obvious by now that all you have to do is wait, sometimes just a day or two? Just sit tight, maybe buy your favorite crypto on the cheap if you have the scratch at hand.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Wed Sep 06, 2017

This guy sounds very interesting and of course he has his opinions but a very educational video.

Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Sep 07, 2017

Is anyone getting into Chris Coney's KexCoin? It sounds interesting, but that 30 year time horizon is a beast. I would seriously consider it, but for one small flaw - at the end of the 30 year period, anyone who bought into the ICO gets a piece of the final payout just as much as the current holders of the token. This doesn't properly incentivize ICO buyers to hold long term, and will create a market dump eventually.

Anyway, the ICO goes live in 8 days: https://kexcoin.com/

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Sep 07, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Is anyone getting into Chris Coney's KexCoin? It sounds interesting, but that 30 year time horizon is a beast.

For one thing, I won't be alive in 30 years. Even if I was, what kind of scheme takes your money with a promise of profit in three decades? I admit I haven't checked into it, I don't chase ICOs any more, just going by your post.

Altima

Postby Altima » Thu Sep 07, 2017

Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Is anyone getting into Chris Coney's KexCoin? It sounds interesting, but that 30 year time horizon is a beast.

For one thing, I won't be alive in 30 years. Even if I was, what kind of scheme takes your money with a promise of profit in three decades? I admit I haven't checked into it, I don't chase ICOs any more, just going by your post.

You trade on the swings but don't ply the ICO trade as well? That's where silly money is being made TBH.

:lol:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Sep 07, 2017

Long John wrote:

You can leave it to your heirs. I actually had a short conversation with Chris about this.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Sep 07, 2017

I have trouble looking 30 days ahead. :lol: I'll leave the 30-year projects to you young bulls.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Sep 08, 2017

Total market cap back to $164 billion. I'm thinking by the end of SEP we will be back to new highs. November might be shaky with a new possible bitcoin fork again. We'll see.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Sep 08, 2017

Well that got turned around in a hurry.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:Well that got turned around in a hurry.

Read the article to the end. People are trading on panic over nothing. I just bought the dip huge. Had been waiting with some USDT (even though it makes me a bit nervous).

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-08/bitcoin-crashes-massive-volume-china-plans-shut-local-exchanges

Thanks China :clap:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

I just sat tight, not having any USDT right now and the things that were down significantly worse than BTC, which I would use to purchase, I'm not interested in. China sneezes and everybody wets their pants. That's how much of the market is controlled by Asia (almost three-quarters). I've said before, we're just along for the ride.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Fri Sep 08, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:

Read the article to the end. People are trading on panic over nothing. I just bought the dip huge. Had been waiting with some USDT (even though it makes me a bit nervous).

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-08/bitcoin-crashes-massive-volume-china-plans-shut-local-exchanges

God I hate ZH...

No more cash left for these crashes unfortunately, I guess I should be happy with just holding.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Fabio wrote:God I hate ZH...

Yeah, it's funny how they wait until the end to say, "HOWEVER, most of what we just repeated from other sources is not true. Buy the dip?"

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Fabio wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

God I hate ZH...

No more cash left for these crashes unfortunately, I guess I should be happy with just holding.

Is it ZH, or a coordinated attack by the jealous peeps on Wall Street?

Combine these 2 articles for a fuller picture:

https://medium.com/@JesseLivermore/dear-crypto-youre-being-played-by-wall-street-35a1117ef859

http://www.allcryptocurrencies.news/bitcoin/bitcoin-crash-of-8-september-due-to-fake-chinese-news/

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Bouncing back now. Buying the dip is yielding nice dividends in only a few hours. Wish I'd been in a position to spend other than BTC, which was down along with the rest. Next time BTC or ETH or LTC are riding high, I should convert some and keep a few thousand $$ in USDT for times like this. I was doing that for awhile, trading in and out of USDT to scalp some Bitcoin here and there, but stopped. I think there was some fake news or FUD about USDT at the time.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Sep 09, 2017

Long John wrote:Next time BTC or ETH or LTC are riding high, I should convert some and keep a few thousand $$ in USDT for times like this. I was doing that for awhile, trading in and out of USDT to scalp some Bitcoin here and there, but stopped. I think there was some fake news or FUD about USDT at the time.

There does exist a non-zero risk with tether. I don't know what the risk is, 2% perhaps? But it isn't a 100% fail-safe. Here is Boxminig talking about it.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Sep 09, 2017

Edit: I've discovered there is a thread about this under Burgers & Beers, but I'll leave this post, as crypto folks might be interested.

We've all heard that Equifax was breached,, hackers stole private info of 143 million people and are demanding a ransom of 600 Bitcoin, worth more than $2.4 million. Many also know that Equifax stock plunged 13.7% yesterday after the breach was announced. Presumably Friday was chosen in order to limit the damage in the marketplace, but the plunge might just resume Monday.

What may not be so widely known is that three Equifax executives sold $1.8 million worth of stock AFTER the company knew of the breach but BEFORE the public did. Thus avoiding the bloodbath that other stockholders suffered. I don't much about stock trading, but isn't this kind of trading on insider knowledge illegal?

Return to “Bitcoin”