Alt-Coins

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby silverpv » Wed Aug 23, 2017

Altima wrote:
silverpv wrote:I've decided to sit out and wait for my positions to mature. I've liquidated a bunch and moved most of it to evx now. I'm at 45% allocation of my original portfolio in evx, but thanks to neo its a bit less and I can take more of a gamble. Any extra funds going into OMG.

I'm getting really impatient with EVX. The ICO is still going on. Can't wait for it to be done with! :lol:

you and me both.. seems like its taking forever.. only 1 week to go. Good thing is it's finally almost reached limit.. :pop: It's just a waiting game now.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Aug 28, 2017

Market capitalization has topped $160 billion. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin all looking strong. I thought Harvey might have stopped new money from flowing in temporarily, but I was wrong.

AuAgJohn

Postby AuAgJohn » Tue Aug 29, 2017

silverpv wrote:I've decided to sit out and wait for my positions to mature. I've liquidated a bunch and moved most of it to evx now. I'm at 45% allocation of my original portfolio in evx, but thanks to neo its a bit less and I can take more of a gamble. Any extra funds going into OMG.

Is EVX open to US residents? Has it always been 1 ETH = 180 EVX or has it come down? You must think highly of it to allocate 45% of your portfolio!

gramcracker
Turtle Supporter

Postby gramcracker » Tue Aug 29, 2017

AuAgJohn wrote:

Is EVX open to US residents? Has it always been 1 ETH = 180 EVX or has it come down? You must think highly of it to allocate 45% of your portfolio!

Under terms and conditions in bold at the top is something to the effect "I declare I am not a citizen of US or Singapore" (that's from memory) I got a buddy in Thai to grab me some. 2 days ago it was still 180 EVX = 1 ETH Good luck!
Everything in moderation, especially moderation.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Aug 29, 2017

AuAgJohn wrote:

The initial rate was 250 EVX to 1 ETH. I do think highly of it. I've missed out on the big run in BTC/ETH just waiting. We'll see if it is right or wrong. As long as it rises against btc pair, then it was worth it on a % basis. I think its comparable to OMG and did a video on it. If it hits 30% of OMG marketcap it is 10x if 50% 17x ROI from when I had my pops in BKK buy for me. BTC and ETH are up ~60%. So, now i just have to hope it does what I think it will. Either way, i'm already doubled up because of the fixed eth to evx ratio.

I actually think the price increase is coming for several reasons. A couple of the biggest, N. Korea launching the missle over Japan. The other China regulation on ICO's making it stricter, that spooked NEO holders which they now converted back to BTC. You can see its the #2 volume on bittrex, #1 bitfinex (Hong Kong) #3 Korea https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets It goes to show, how distributed the impact is globally. A US incident is washed out by another regional incident, but markets seem to be doing well too.

AuAgJohn

Postby AuAgJohn » Tue Aug 29, 2017

silverpv wrote:
AuAgJohn wrote:

The initial rate was 250 EVX to 1 ETH. I do think highly of it. I've missed out on the big run in BTC/ETH just waiting. We'll see if it is right or wrong. As long as it rises against btc pair, then it was worth it on a % basis. I think its comparable to OMG and did a video on it. If it hits 30% of OMG marketcap it is 10x if 50% 17x ROI from when I had my pops in BKK buy for me. BTC and ETH are up ~60%. So, now i just have to hope it does what I think it will. Either way, i'm already doubled up because of the fixed eth to evx ratio.

I actually think the price increase is coming for several reasons. A couple of the biggest, N. Korea launching the missle over Japan. The other China regulation on ICO's making it stricter, that spooked NEO holders which they now converted back to BTC. You can see its the #2 volume on bittrex, #1 bitfinex (Hong Kong) #3 Korea https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets It goes to show, how distributed the impact is globally. A US incident is washed out by another regional incident, but markets seem to be doing well too.

Thank you for all the info, I'll check it out when I get home. Any idea on how strict they are on the non-US resident declaration?

cmiller17363

Postby cmiller17363 » Wed Aug 30, 2017

Anybody following Verge (XVG)? I bought some at 56 satoshi's and its at 107 and rising. Not a heavy hitter per coin, but doubling your money is doubling your money.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else." -Adrian Rogers

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed Aug 30, 2017

cmiller17363 wrote:Anybody following Verge (XVG)? I bought some at 56 satoshi's and its at 107 and rising. Not a heavy hitter per coin, but doubling your money is doubling your money.

I like verge! They had a big drop but recently recovered. Good team and dude. Very smart

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 31, 2017

silverpv wrote:
cmiller17363 wrote:Anybody following Verge (XVG)? I bought some at 56 satoshi's and its at 107 and rising. Not a heavy hitter per coin, but doubling your money is doubling your money.

I like verge! They had a big drop but recently recovered. Good team and dude. Very smart

I don't like talking about Verge. I got some at 4 satoshi and sold before 20. 107 looks quite good from that rear view mirror!

:lol:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Aug 31, 2017

Who hasn't owned Verge at one time or another? :lol: I looked in my history and I don't want to talk about my sell point, either. Oh well, can't forever hold everything I've ever touched, Anyway, nice to see XVG take its turn in the rotation.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Thu Aug 31, 2017

i made a bit of xvg and rolled it into evx ico. Now that the ico is over, in 2-3 weeks it should hit some exchanges to see if it was worth it. Either way, i didn't ride the xvg wave down and missed a lot of waves up. Also put a bit more in OMG.

cmiller17363

Postby cmiller17363 » Thu Aug 31, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
silverpv wrote:

I don't like talking about Verge. I got some at 4 satoshi and sold before 20. 107 looks quite good from that rear view mirror!

Well, on a positive note, at least you are upset that you didn't make MORE money rather than losing money :lol:
I usually fall into the latter category. :thumbdown: :roll:
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else." -Adrian Rogers

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Sep 02, 2017

Market lost about $10 billion overnight, down to $166B at this hour. A lot of it seems to be profit-taking on Bitcoin, which is currently down a few hundred per. Among the top 20, the only ones in the green are Litecoin, NEO and ETC. The landscape will change dramatically if Bitcoin surges back.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Sep 03, 2017

Money is flowing out of the market this morning, led by Bitcoin. We all know the drill by now, right?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Sep 03, 2017

Long John wrote:Money is flowing out of the market this morning, led by Bitcoin. We all know the drill by now, right?

Panic sell? ;)

Maybe more like this: https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-market-sheds-billions-one-analyst-sees-buying-opportunity/

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Sun Sep 03, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Long John wrote:Money is flowing out of the market this morning, led by Bitcoin. We all know the drill by now, right?

Panic sell? ;)

Maybe more like this: https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-market-sheds-billions-one-analyst-sees-buying-opportunity/

Been waiting for this but it's still too high!

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Sep 03, 2017

https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-inve ... after-icos

I clicked on this CoinTelegraph article on why people dump after buying ICOs. Now, I am accustomed to superficial "McNuggets" reporting for CT, but this left me very disappointed. The writer simply pulled 4 obvious reasons off the top of his head with no research, sources, examples, or numbers. I could have written this article in 5 minutes without needing to check on anything. I think CT just publishes anything someone submits, without much in the way of standards. "Articles" should mostly be treated like letters to the editor. CoinDesk is better.

What is your favorite source for daily crypto news?

Altima

Postby Altima » Sun Sep 03, 2017

If anyone loves Paris Hilton, then this is for you:

https://twitter.com/ParisHilton/status/ ... 8035286016
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Sep 03, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:

Panic sell? ;)

Relax guys - mix a drink, pack a bowl, or light a cigar, and just laugh. Where we gonna be next year?
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Sep 04, 2017

Altima wrote:If anyone loves Paris Hilton, then this is for you:

https://twitter.com/ParisHilton/status/ ... 8035286016

This is essentially an endorsement NOT to buy into this. How crazy. Paris Hilton would be the last person any ICO founder should want to hype their stuff (unless it is a total scam) at this point in the market. Is there a way to short an ICO yet?

If you read down the twitter feed, someone mentioned it looks like the founder did time in jail for domestic violence? For beating a woman? I didn't verify that so I may be spreading FUD at this point.

Return to “Bitcoin”