Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Re: Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Bitcoin- Could test 6,000 level if this support breaks!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... ort-breaks

:pop:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Raddoc

Postby Raddoc » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Pop!!??
ImageImageImage Image

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silversummit » Tue Jan 16, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:Bitcoin- Could test 6,000 level if this support breaks!

This would be awesome from my perspective but with the gains I have gotten this last year ide still be comfortably green with bitcoin at $6K and I'll gladly buy more if/when we get this low 8-)
Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 16, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Blue Angel wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Blue Angel wrote:So, XRP, Ripple (bull$hit) was around .70 then. Just busted $3.00 today.??

And it will continue to go higher, because many people in this space care about profit above all else. And when Ripple gets hacked as a centralized "crypto" what price will it be then?

Yeah guess you're right. Why should anyone care about profit? Above all else.....

Yep, the only way you can make a profit in the crypto space is to buy the banksters coin. There aren't hundreds of other projects out there, trying to free us from the bankster debt-based fiat paradigm are there? I've only presented about a dozen different crypto projects with real value that anyone could have made good money on by buying and holding.

Instead, let's all just hop on this momentum monkey that JP Morgan and the big banks fully support as long as we all make our 30 pieces of silver in the meantime. Judas made a nice profit too, how did that work out for him?

To get into crypto and then buy Ripple... I'm not saying I hope you lose all your money, but I wouldn't have a lick of sympathy for you if it happened.

Hopefully nobody bought Ripple on 03-04 JAN after this post. From that $3.77 to now, it is down 66%. During that same time-frame, two of my favorite projects (QRL & NEO) are both up since that date.

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Tue Jan 16, 2018

That moment after you chase a falling knife for weeks and then find out it's not a knife, but a longsword.
ImageImage
Get $175 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/MPWZN4G2U2

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Silversummit wrote:
tdtwedt wrote:Bitcoin- Could test 6,000 level if this support breaks!

This would be awesome from my perspective but with the gains I have gotten this last year ide still be comfortably green with bitcoin at $6K and I'll gladly buy more if/when we get this low 8-)

Hey look, another tdtwedt post with an article link, no individual commentary, no personal insight, and no intelligence brought to the conversation. Color me surprised.

This "bear market" is nothing. Here is some perspective. I got into bitcoin in late 2013. I know people who bought near the top of this graph in late 2013. Two YEARS later they were still down 60-70%. If they waited another year, they were back to even. Today, people get impatient if we don't have a new ATH every other month. Our last ATH was a month ago. We are only down 50% from that ATH, and there is no way 2 years go by and we aren't back above $20k. The risk/reward ratio is so much better today. Being a critic is easy. It takes no work. Being in the game, risking your blood, sweat, and tears is where fortitude is built. Choose your path wisely.
Perspective.png
Perspective.png (51.25 KiB) Viewed 403 times

Southpaw
Gold Supporter

Postby Southpaw » Tue Jan 16, 2018

300Braveheart wrote:That moment after you chase a falling knife for weeks and then find out it's not a knife, but a longsword.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Its nice to see some humor on a day like today

dae2dae
Gold Jester

Postby dae2dae » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Raddoc wrote:Pop!!??

reminiscent of silver on it's run. I hope people took profits on the way up and beware of everyone screaming buy the dip.
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

Southpaw
Gold Supporter

Postby Southpaw » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Just read a tweet that the market is crashing because Bitconnect is selling off all of their Bitcoin. Not sure of the truth to it.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

dae2dae wrote:

reminiscent of silver on it's run. I hope people took profits on the way up and beware of everyone screaming buy the dip.

Yeah, who would want to buy the dip, when you could have bought at $18k instead, right?

dae2dae
Gold Jester

SilverDoge wrote:
dae2dae wrote:

Yeah, who would want to buy the dip, when you could have bought at $18k instead, right?

unless it ends up at 6000.
these people can do whatever they want but I want them to have another voice to listen to so they dont get burned like a lot of members here did with silver dropping and everyone screaming buy the dip all the way down to sub 20 from above 40.
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

dae2dae wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
dae2dae wrote:

these people can do whatever they want but I want them to have another voice to listen to so they dont get burned like a lot of members here did with silver dropping and everyone screaming buy the dip all the way down to sub 20 from above 40.

I often get asked by people new to crypto/bitcoin when to buy? At what price? Now, or wait for a dip? This is always tough to answer, but...

My standard response is this for BTC: Take 50% of the money and buy now at today's price. Then with the other 50%, spread it out and put buy orders at 10% below today's price, 20% below, and 30% below. This is generic advice but it holds up pretty well in most cases. In this way, you don't get priced out if it is near a bottom (like now) by simply waiting too long to buy. But you also set yourself up to catch a lower price if bitcoin falls from your entry price, up to 30%. If you asked the question at $18k you are worse off than if you asked it today obviously. But we don't know what will happen tomorrow either. People get priced out quick while waiting to time the best dip ever. If your strategy is to wait for bitcoin to hit $6k, you might be waiting.... indefinitely.

fmsfms2003

Postby fmsfms2003 » Tue Jan 16, 2018

The bitconnect ponzi scheme ended today.

dae2dae
Gold Jester

SilverDoge wrote:
dae2dae wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
dae2dae wrote:

I often get asked by people new to crypto/bitcoin when to buy? At what price? Now, or wait for a dip? This is always tough to answer, but...

My standard response is this for BTC: Take 50% of the money and buy now at today's price. Then with the other 50%, spread it out and put buy orders at 10% below today's price, 20% below, and 30% below. This is generic advice but it holds up pretty well in most cases. In this way, you don't get priced out if it is near a bottom (like now) by simply waiting too long to buy. But you also set yourself up to catch a lower price if bitcoin falls from your entry price, up to 30%. If you asked the question at $18k you are worse off than if you asked it today obviously. But we don't know what will happen tomorrow either. People get priced out quick while waiting to time the best dip ever. If your strategy is to wait for bitcoin to hit $6k, you might be waiting.... indefinitely.

my strategy was to buy on the advice of a member at 180 ish and sell all the way up. worked well for me and I don't plan to buy back in, even when/if it hits 6000.
ImageImageImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 17, 2018

fmsfms2003 wrote:The bitconnect ponzi scheme ended today.

That is good news for all of crypto.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jan 17, 2018

Bitconnect's token plummeted from $290 to as low as $8 Tuesday. Of course this had an effect on a wider market that's already feeling uneasy. But the market will be better without Bitconnect. I'm truly sorry for those who who were left holding the bag. I wonder how much money and Bitcoin the founders pulled out before closing down.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Anybody wanting a good chuckle can read the Guardian's opinion on bitcoin:

A few of my favorite quotes:
Government-issued currencies have value because they represent human trust and cooperation. There is no wealth and no trade without these two things, so you might as well go all in and trust people.

A currency should also not be artificially sparse. It needs to expand with the supply of goods and services in the world, otherwise we end up with deflation and hoarding. It helps to have the Federal Reserve system and other central banks guiding the system.

If cryptocurrency does take off, it will be in a government-backed form, like a new “Fedcoin”. Full anonymity and government evasion will not be one of its features.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/15/should-i-invest-bitcoin-dont-mr-money-moustache?CMP=share_btn_tw

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Jan 17, 2018

Below 10K again.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

tdtwedt wrote:Below 10K again.

Where did you set your limit buy order at? $8530? or $26? ;)

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Jan 17, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
tdtwedt wrote:Below 10K again.

Where did you set your limit buy order at? $8530? or $26? ;)

$26

:duck:

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”