Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Mar 13, 2018

Crypto going more mainstream. This is actually a funny, and well balanced, take on bitcoin and crypto for the inquisitive newbie.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Mar 13, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:Crypto going more mainstream. This is actually a funny, and well balanced, take on bitcoin and crypto for the inquisitive newbie.

He's a funny dude.. :thumbup: and pretty good research like you said.. A+

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Mar 13, 2018

I've been away for a couple of days, and have just read all of the posts.

If you buy or believe in Bitcoin, stop being a whiny little b*tch when the price drops. It's Bitcoin. Grow up or go home.

Bitcoin is Nitroglycerin. It is not a firecracker. If you can't tolerate "extreme volatility", stay away.

And BTW....Doge and I told everybody to buy Bitcoin at $1000 last year. If you did, Congrats. Ride the Bull. Stay LONG, and HODL.

The HODLERS control Bitcoin. We're not selling.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Mar 14, 2018

I encourage anyone (if they have time) to read the early history of this thread, as I did when I was still a lurker here in 2016. Some posters' names have changed, and some are no longer here or no longer post. You'll see some posts that are quite interesting in the current context. In that winter of 2016 you'll start to see some clueless noob named LongJohn who was quite skeptical of Bitcoin and crypto, and soon decided to learn about it firsthand and got pulled in. Bitcoin was around $1K at that time. But go back farther in history. It's quite informative.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Wed Mar 14, 2018

Whatever happened to this? Are they an exchange or what?
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Mar 14, 2018

Long John wrote:I encourage anyone (if they have time) to read the early history of this thread, as I did when I was still a lurker here in 2016. Some posters' names have changed, and some are no longer here or no longer post. You'll see some posts that are quite interesting in the current context. In that winter of 2016 you'll start to see some clueless noob named LongJohn who was quite skeptical of Bitcoin and crypto, and soon decided to learn about it firsthand and got pulled in. Bitcoin was around $1K at that time. But go back farther in history. It's quite informative.

Look at it now.....Bitcoin isn't going to ZERO, but it is volatile. Bitcoin is not for weak hands.

I recommend HODL, not trading. There are PROs in this market. They are sharks and you will loose.

Stay thirsty my friends. LongJohn was a hard-sell, but he got it, bought in, and has been financially rewarded for his decision. Good lesson or case-study...and he is a good guy too.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Mar 14, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:If you buy or believe in Bitcoin, stop being a whiny little b*tch when the price drops.

:lol:

ImageImageImage

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Purple and Gold wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:If you buy or believe in Bitcoin, stop being a whiny little b*tch when the price drops.

Bwahahaha.....good post. I think Camaro hunting is your forte. I owned a Red Porsche 911, and every Camero driver wanted to race me. I just laughed at them, just like I did to your post.

Nonetheless, it was a good post. I'm still laughing MFAO. You made my day! Thanx.

Purple and Gold

Bucketeer wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:

Bwahahaha.....good post. I think Camaro hunting is your forte. I owned a Red Porsche 911, and every Camero driver wanted to race me. I just laughed at them, just like I did to your post.

Nonetheless, it was a good post. I'm still laughing MFAO. You made my day! Thanx.

Hahaha,, that was the whole purpose ;) Yours made me laugh too.
Glad we all have a good sense of humor around here,, you gotta laugh to keep from cryin'

And unless any of those Camaro owners had a '69 ZL1, they didnt stand a chance against you 8-)
ImageImageImage

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Well....short story. My good friend Lenny had a 1969 Yenko with Nitrous Oxide. It was a beautiful car. We raced one time.....he beat me to 90 mph, and then I passed him and won. My reward was to drive his Yenko.

Yenko Camaros are wildcats. This was 25 years ago, he could probably beat a "base" 911 today.

Purple and Gold

Bucketeer wrote:Well....short story. My good friend Lenny had a 1969 Yenko with Nitrous Oxide. It was a beautiful car. We raced one time.....he beat me to 90 mph, and then I passed him and won. My reward was to drive his Yenko.

Yenko Camaros are wildcats. This was 25 years ago, he could probably beat a "base" 911 today.

I hope you burned off about half of his rear tires on your victory ride :)
Love to hear about others experiences and stories!

Oh, and Bitcoin Rocks!
ImageImageImage

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Purple and Gold wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:Well....short story. My good friend Lenny had a 1969 Yenko with Nitrous Oxide. It was a beautiful car. We raced one time.....he beat me to 90 mph, and then I passed him and won. My reward was to drive his Yenko.

I hope you burned off about half of his rear tires on your victory ride :)
Love to hear about others experiences and stories!

Oh, and Bitcoin Rocks!

No, I was cool with his Camero.

He and I drove it for 50 miles. I hit 100 mph on I-90. No burnouts. She is a rare car, I would never damage her.

Hey Brother, come to Orlando, lunch is on me.

PS - "Bitcoin Rocks" - Hey Nubes -just buy some Bitcoin and forget about it, start with $100 a month.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

ZH: Bitcoin Drops Ahead Of G-20 - Central Bankers Can No Longer Ignore Cryptos

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-14/bitcoin-drops-ahead-g-20-central-bankers-can-no-longer-ignore-cryptos

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

ZH: The Mysterious Crypto Billionaires Taking Over Puerto Rico (Is this for real?)

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-14/mysterious-crypto-billionaires-taking-over-puerto-rico

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

ZH: Bitcoin Sinks As Google Moves To Ban All Crypto, ICO Ads In June

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-14/bitcoin-sinks-google-moves-ban-all-crypto-ico-ads-june

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Mar 15, 2018

Youtube: Marty McFly - Johnny B. Goode.

Sorry all,couldn't resist. He played the guitar and did the Duck Walk. High Quality Video.

Last edited by Bucketeer on Fri Mar 16, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Mar 15, 2018

Since we're posting nonsensical videos, here's Clif High predicting last month that Bitcoin would hit $64K by April. (To avoid being wrong by at least $50K, he has since stated all bets are off.)

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu Mar 15, 2018

ZH fills it's articles (in between the paragraphs) with such marketing garbage I'm now avoiding it.
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Mar 16, 2018

A good talk from over 1.5 years ago. Prosecutors using the bitcoin blockchain to catch... corrupt federal officers:

I really wish she would have addressed why the prosecutors did not charge Ross (DPR) with attempted murder (for hire) if they in fact did have all that evidence.

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Sat Mar 17, 2018

:ugeek: HODL :ugeek:

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”