KSAs END TONIGHT at 10pm Eastern! - click here

Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Forum rules
This forum is open to the general public.
MaxGravy

Re: Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Feb 21, 2021

Rik Bitter wrote:
Silversaving wrote:https://coinquora.com/microstrategy-is-planning-to-buy-2000-bitcoin-per-second/

If I understand this correctly. Microstrategy will soon buy "$2,000 of BTC" every SECOND for 10 days?
:shock:

Saylor is an absolue mad lad.

That's $1.728 billion. :shock:
"Nothing in our Constitution suggests that government is a grantor of rights. Instead, government is a protector of rights." - Walter Williams

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Sun Feb 21, 2021

MaxGravy wrote:
Rik Bitter wrote:
Silversaving wrote:https://coinquora.com/microstrategy-is-planning-to-buy-2000-bitcoin-per-second/

If I understand this correctly. Microstrategy will soon buy "$2,000 of BTC" every SECOND for 10 days?

Saylor is an absolue mad lad.

That's $1.728 billion. :shock:

They just finished a placement for 1.03? billion and they may have some of their own money sitting around to add to that. It may not be a "full ten days" but yeah. Pretty nuts to think about. And since "most" of these large purchases happen behind the scenes OTC....it will be interesting to see what this does to the open market.

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Feb 22, 2021

Nice drop. Keep going!

IdahoCopper

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Feb 22, 2021

Looks like this is a $10k dip. How low can she go?

IdahoCopper

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Feb 22, 2021

OMG! The price retreated to where it was SIX DAYS AGO!

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Mon Feb 22, 2021

Bought the dip. Noice.
***Looking for YPS prototypes/test run/commission pieces***
Also any pieces with serial #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any of these for sale.

ImageImage

grantwoodisgold
Gold Supporter

Postby grantwoodisgold » Mon Feb 22, 2021

Rik Bitter wrote:Bought the dip. Noice.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Mon Feb 22, 2021

How does EVERY asset drop at 9:15am on Coinbase?

Not just 1 or 2, but every token dumped at 9:15am

What kind of scheduled manipulation is this?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Feb 22, 2021

Preludedude wrote:How does EVERY asset drop at 9:15am on Coinbase?

It isn't manipulation (necessarily) it is an understanding of how crypto markets work. When bitcoin dumps, almost all alts will follow. This is because people in crypto price things in both USD, but more importantly against bitcoin (often in satoshis). So when those people who were speculating in alts see bitcoin crashing, they know to either 1) sell to USD/stablecoin, or 2) sell to BTC to reduce overall volatility. Of course, these are all trader games. The HODL'ers watch from the sidelines and, if possible, add to our bags on some wicks (currently up 14% from the bottom of the wick to the current price!)

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Mon Feb 22, 2021

SilverDoge wrote:

It isn't manipulation (necessarily) it is an understanding of how crypto markets work. When bitcoin dumps, almost all alts will follow. This is because people in crypto price things in both USD, but more importantly against bitcoin (often in satoshis). So when those people who were speculating in alts see bitcoin crashing, they know to either 1) sell to USD/stablecoin, or 2) sell to BTC to reduce overall volatility. Of course, these are all trader games. The HODL'ers watch from the sidelines and, if possible, add to our bags on some wicks (currently up 14% from the bottom of the wick to the current price!)

It all dumped at 9:15 and was back up in 10 minutes. This isn’t even time to recognize a dump and react accordingly.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Feb 22, 2021

Preludedude wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

It all dumped at 9:15 and was back up in 10 minutes. This isn’t even time to recognize a dump and react accordingly.

Bots + stop loss hunting.

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Mon Feb 22, 2021

SilverDoge wrote:
Preludedude wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

I get the bots/stop less/liquidations for BTC. But I don't get how that applies for almost every altcoin, since I don't think you can leverage any and every alt on ByBit or etc, right?

Also, I get the market speculations that cause alts to correct harder than Bitcoin. But I don't get how it can be so unanimous in a flash in the wee hours of the morning. Seriously, every single altcoin holder never sleeps? Like... never ever ever? That doesn't make sense. Every single holder of a random coin (let's say, AVAX) has an alert that wakes them up at 3am and they reflex sell in the exact hour BTC makes its biggest move of the day? So it must be bots--are they really that pervasive?
ImageImage

Mercuryman
Silver Supporter

Postby Mercuryman » Tue Feb 23, 2021

300Braveheart wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Preludedude wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

I get the bots/stop less/liquidations for BTC. But I don't get how that applies for almost every altcoin, since I don't think you can leverage any and every alt on ByBit or etc, right?

Also, I get the market speculations that cause alts to correct harder than Bitcoin. But I don't get how it can be so unanimous in a flash in the wee hours of the morning. Seriously, every single altcoin holder never sleeps? Like... never ever ever? That doesn't make sense. Every single holder of a random coin (let's say, AVAX) has an alert that wakes them up at 3am and they reflex sell in the exact hour BTC makes its biggest move of the day? So it must be bots--are they really that pervasive?

Most alts can be leveraged no problem. Bots are very prevalent
ImageImage
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Qeltar

Postby Qeltar » Tue Feb 23, 2021

Rik Bitter wrote:If you don't see the utility in a decentralized currency that cannot be manipulated by governments, then I don't know what else to tell you.

What's the utility? Nobody can answer this question. Saying "I don't see why you can't see it" isn't saying what it is.

Sure, there's hedging against the US dollar. I can do that in a thousand ways. With real assets that have real uses.

What can I do with bitcoin that I can't do with a Paypal account?

Also, saying that it can't be manipulated by governments is an assumption.. and a false one.

Rik Bitter wrote:Like I said before, the only test of a fad is if it endures over time. As BTC soars over $55K USD I'm liking my bet and I hope you at least hedge yours a little bit.

I don't buy assets with no intrinsic value at the top of bubbles.

Rik Bitter wrote:BTW welcome to BS. :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome, appreciate it.

cmiller17363
Solar Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Tue Feb 23, 2021

Qeltar wrote:
Rik Bitter wrote:If you don't see the utility in a decentralized currency that cannot be manipulated by governments, then I don't know what else to tell you.

What's the utility? Nobody can answer this question. Saying "I don't see why you can't see it" isn't saying what it is.

Sure, there's hedging against the US dollar. I can do that in a thousand ways. With real assets that have real uses.

What can I do with bitcoin that I can't do with a Paypal account?

Thanks for the welcome, appreciate it.

Its not that you can do something with bitcoin that you can't with PayPal. Its the point that you can send bitcoin even when entities don't want you to. If PayPal doesn't want you to send money, you can't. This does not apply to bitcoin. No one can tell you "No". We have been so conditioned that we can't see why it is worth sacrificing convenience for freedom. A money that cannot be shut off is infinitely more valuable than a money that can. Then there is the inability to inflate the supply....... Inflation is theft.
ImageImage

grantwoodisgold
Gold Supporter

Postby grantwoodisgold » Wed Feb 24, 2021

Why Bitcoin will ‘death spiral’ to $0 and Fed Chair Powell is ‘delusional’ - Steve Hanke
•Feb 24, 2021

:kitty:
:o
:pop:

:llama: :llama: :llama:
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Feb 25, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 00.05.54.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mercuryman
Silver Supporter

Postby Mercuryman » Thu Feb 25, 2021

shinnosuke wrote:Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 00.05.54.png

I hope this was an attempt at bad sarcasm? Oh doge!
ImageImage

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Feb 25, 2021

Mercuryman wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 00.05.54.png

I hope this was an attempt at bad sarcasm? Oh doge!

Maybe it's good sarcasm if it leaves people wondering what the message was. :llama:

Mercuryman
Silver Supporter

Postby Mercuryman » Sat Feb 27, 2021

Anyone have an idea why yesterday we had the highest volume ever traded? 4 trillion? How/Why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”