Alt-Coins

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby Silversaving » Mon Nov 23, 2020

SilverDoge wrote:
I did try that one experiment at the end of 2017, and basically timed the market at the worst possible time. I'm sure nobody remembers that one though! :lol:

:shifty: Absolutely no idea what you're talking about. We've both timed this market perfectly.....didn't you see the massive gains today? Look over there -----> :carrot:

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Nov 24, 2020

SilverDoge wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:You are my financial advisor, or you play one on TEEVEE. Hahaha

I do play one on tv! In all seriousness though, after I retire I am bouncing around the idea of being a crypto financial advisor if all the stars align. I could even do it from Texas, or Panama, or maybe Portugal?

I did try that one experiment at the end of 2017, and basically timed the market at the worst possible time. I'm sure nobody remembers that one though! :lol:

You’d be most welcome in Texas. I remember few details but I know that deal didn’t go well. It’s a learning process.

Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts and knowledge.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Dec 22, 2020

Cryptocurrency firm Ripple expects to be sued by the SEC; XRP plunges

The SEC is set to bring a lawsuit against Ripple claiming the company violated laws against selling unregistered securities when it sold XRP to investors.

Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse said the SEC’s suit was “fundamentally wrong as a matter of law and fact” and questioned its timing.

XRP declined sharply following news of the expected SEC suit, with the cryptocurrency falling over 17% to around 46 cents.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/22/cryptoc ... unges.html
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Dec 23, 2020

Cryptocurrency XRP plunges 25% after SEC files lawsuit against Ripple

“We allege that Ripple, Larsen, and Garlinghouse failed to register their ongoing offer and sale of billions of XRP to retail investors, which deprived potential purchasers of adequate disclosures about XRP and Ripple’s business and other important long-standing protections that are fundamental to our robust public market system,” said Stephanie Avakian, director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/23/cryptoc ... ipple.html
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Mercuryman
Silver Supporter

Postby Mercuryman » Wed Dec 23, 2020

Time to buy the xrp dip?
ImageImage
Si vis pacem, para bellum

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Dec 23, 2020

Mercuryman wrote:Time to buy the xrp dip?

Only for the truly bold. I know people like to trade XRP because it can have some major moves in a short time span, but the vast majority lose money on it, especially against BTC. My position on XRP hasn't changed: scammy $hitcoin.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Wed Dec 23, 2020

SilverDoge wrote:

Only for the truly bold. I know people like to trade XRP because it can have some major moves in a short time span, but the vast majority lose money on it, especially against BTC. My position on XRP hasn't changed: scammy $hitcoin.

Lmao I just bought more at .41, .48 and .52 and may be buying more on it's way to around $11.00 and taking profits on the way up.Lol
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Dec 24, 2020

Marchas45 wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

Lmao I just bought more at .41, .48 and .52 and may be buying more on it's way to around $11.00 and taking profits on the way up.Lol

Careful Charlie. Coinbase is trying to go through the IPO process and they will follow all SEC guidelines. If Coinbase delists XRP to conform to SEC desires that wouldn't be bullish. Of course there will always be some exchanges that don't care about the US or about what Coinbase does, but that would definitely be a bad day for Ripple.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Dec 24, 2020

More coming out about the SEC and one of the head dipshits just resigned yesterday after causing the big scare, so there is more to the story. Lots of FUD going around. There has only been (3) small exchanges that have pulled XRP so far, so I see very few and especially not Coinbase. I have also bought around 6K the past couple of days. It's time to buy my friend as there is blood in the streets.

Image ImageImage

Mercuryman
Silver Supporter

Postby Mercuryman » Thu Dec 24, 2020

Marchas45 wrote:More coming out about the SEC and one of the head dipshits just resigned yesterday after causing the big scare, so there is more to the story. Lots of FUD going around. There has only been (3) small exchanges that have pulled XRP so far, so I see very few and especially not Coinbase. I have also bought around 6K the past couple of days. It's time to buy my friend as there is blood in the streets.

Thoughts on XLM?
ImageImage
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Dec 24, 2020

Image ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Dec 28, 2020

SilverDoge wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

Careful Charlie. Coinbase is trying to go through the IPO process and they will follow all SEC guidelines. If Coinbase delists XRP to conform to SEC desires that wouldn't be bullish. Of course there will always be some exchanges that don't care about the US or about what Coinbase does, but that would definitely be a bad day for Ripple.

Just as I feared Charlie...
xrp.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Mon Dec 28, 2020

Image ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 13, 2021

This channel (Ben Cowen) is the most reasoned and data driven voice in all the Crypto YouTube space. I watch all of his videos. I hold all of these cryptos in the top 5 plus a few others. Good luck out there.

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jan 20, 2021

SilverDoge wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Marchas45 wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

Just as I feared Charlie...
xrp.png

A lawyer explains the kerfuffle surrounding the SEC's attack on Ripple. Worth the watch if you own any XRP, or if you're thinking about getting some. 14 and a half minutes. (By the way, doesn't XRP deserves own thread?)

Potosi

Postby Potosi » Thu Jan 21, 2021

XRP definitely deserves its own thread.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jan 21, 2021

shinnosuke wrote:A lawyer explains the kerfuffle surrounding the SEC's attack on Ripple. Worth the watch if you own any XRP, or if you're thinking about getting some. 14 and a half minutes. (By the way, doesn't XRP deserves own thread?)

An interesting take.

XRP has at least this thread.... http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=29732

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Jan 21, 2021

XRP is my favorite Coin or Security. This is the time to buy if you can find a place to buy it. All the Central Banks and big big companies are buying it up. Also BIG things coming up. Do your research folks and don't listen to the fear mongers. Just to let you know I will probably be a millionaire by the end of this year. I have a bunch. Lol

By te way www.uphold.com still trading XRP and at most big exchanges you can still deposit and withdraw XRP

Image ImageImage

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Thu Jan 21, 2021

Here's another one for your enjoyment

Image ImageImage

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter