Alt-coin Chainlink (LINK)

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Alt-coin Chainlink (LINK)

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Nov 27, 2020

During the last crypto bull market cycle of 2016-2017, I admittedly dabbled into far too many alt-coins. It was good to get experience in these markets, but too many of them got destroyed or vastly under-performed bitcoin and ethereum. While it can always be good to have a pet project or two, especially if you know the founders or are fascinated by the tech of the project, it may be best to stick to more tried and true cryptos, if you end goal is to stack as many sats as possible. Insert Chainlink.

LINK is one I will be dabbling with this market cycle. It admittedly has a huge following of fan-boys, and really I should have already bought it when it was under $2 but those days are long gone. If you want a deep dive on what it is all about, and how it could disrupt several industries based on its decentralized oracle process, see here: https://blog.chain.link/44-ways-to-enhance-your-smart-contract-with-chainlink/

That said, this is the alt-coin that Dave Portnoy bought at the very top in AUG 2020 at the $20 peak and got REKT when it crashed and he sold his position in the $12-$13 range. Don't be that guy.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-coin Chainlink (LINK)

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Nov 27, 2020

For anyone wondering, why Chainlink? Here is a great video. This can be a bit technical at some points, but still well worth the time:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Dec 24, 2020

I picked up some more LINK on this latest retracement. Not sure if we've reached the bottom yet, but here is a good bubble case study on LINK:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jan 15, 2021

LINK just broke $20 and hit a new all-time high (ATH). She's a winner for sure.

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Fri Jan 15, 2021

Dang, I bought a bit last week thinking this would be one I could DCA over time. Guess not.
***Looking for YPS prototypes/test run/commission pieces***
Also any pieces with serial #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any of these for sale.

ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jan 15, 2021

Rik Bitter wrote:Dang, I bought a bit last week thinking this would be one I could DCA over time. Guess not.

I had a pretty good feeling this LINK move was coming, but similar to Doc's strategy sometimes you miss out by trying to buy as cheap as possible. I only had one order fill before this move up. My closest buy missed it by about 37 cents. We'll see how much of a retracement we get.

Missing Link.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Jan 17, 2021

SilverDoge wrote:That said, LINK is the alt-coin that Dave Portnoy bought at the very top in AUG 2020 at the $20 peak and got REKT when it crashed and he sold his position in the $12-$13 range. Don't be that guy.

LINK just hit a new all time high above $23. I believe LINK has a long way to run during this market cycle....maybe triple digits? I remember the Winklevoss twins walking Dave Portnoy through his first purchase of Bitcoin and LINK. Unfortunately, he couldn't take the volatility. LINK would have bailed him out and he would be in profit from his pervious purchase, but he capitulated at about $12. Putting your hard earned wealth in alt-coins is risky business but the returns can be impressive if you pick the right alts.

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Tue Jan 19, 2021

I just bought a little. I hold SilverDoge accountable for any losses. :D

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 19, 2021

Preludedude wrote:I just bought a little. I hold SilverDoge accountable for any losses. :D

Losses? All LINK does is win baby! :lol:

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Tue Jan 19, 2021

***Looking for YPS prototypes/test run/commission pieces***
Also any pieces with serial #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any of these for sale.

ImageImage

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”