GOLD vs BITCOIN

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Re: GOLD vs BITCOIN

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Sep 29, 2020

UBS says you should buy gold now

“We like gold, because we think that gold is likely to actually hit about $2,000 per ounce by the end of the year,” Kelvin Tay, regional chief investment officer at UBS Global Wealth Management told CNBC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/investi ... ement.html
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Tue Oct 06, 2020

Some gold with your gas and groceries? Costco enters the gold bullion market

Costco — the wholesale grocer that also sells cheap gas, tech-gadgets, and jewelry — is now offering gold and silver bars, U.K. media reported. Gold bars can be purchased for up to £24,500 a time.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-10-05/S ... arket.html

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Oct 10, 2020

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Nov 12, 2020

One of my key metrics is the Gold to Bitcoin ratio. The 10:1 ratio is a very interesting play. Back in MAR/APR this year when Bitcoin crashed nearly 60% in a day, Bitcoin went under the 4:1 ratio. While gold is at near all time highs, the Bitcoin:Gold ratio stands at 8.5:1 currently. Meaning that while gold has performed rather well in the last year or two, it is bitcoin that has outperformed gold considerably.

I try not to sell bitcoin under the 10:1 ratio any more, and my ideal ratio for the trade is 20:1 or higher now. When the day comes where I can buy a tube of AGEs for 1 Bitcoin, that will be a celebratory day indeed.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Nov 17, 2020

This man is much smarter than I, and he sees the future that I see. We will have pullbacks as always, but we are getting close to testing the ATH. Very exciting times. Great video here:

Don't let your exposure to bitcoin = 0

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Nov 20, 2020

SilverDoge wrote:The Bitcoin:Gold ratio stands at 8.5:1 currently.

I try not to sell bitcoin under the 10:1 ratio any more, and my ideal ratio for the trade is 20:1 or higher now. When the day comes where I can buy a tube of AGEs for 1 Bitcoin, that will be a celebratory day indeed.

Bitcoin : Gold just hit 10:1 :clap:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Nov 21, 2020

The gold investor and advocate on YouTube Belangp just did a Bitcoin thoughts video, followed by a 6-part back and forth with a buddy of his who is a bitcoin advocate. A great overall conversation between the two ensues. Enjoy:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Nov 25, 2020

Dan Tapiero interview with Pomp. Dan is a gold bull who owns much more gold than bitcoin.... however at 11:10 he says "you have to own BOTH, and there is no question that Bitcoin is going to outperform gold."

Therefore, if you only want gold... buy bitcoin and then trade it for gold after this vast outperformance!

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Nov 26, 2020

Bitcoin plunges by nearly $3,000 after closing in on its all-time record

The latest tumble comes as many predicted the cryptocurrency would soon hit an all-time high of $20,000.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/26/bitcoin ... ecord.html

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Nov 26, 2020

tdtwedt wrote:Bitcoin plunges by nearly $3,000 after closing in on its all-time record

The latest tumble comes as many predicted the cryptocurrency would soon hit an all-time high of $20,000.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/26/bitcoin ... ecord.html

Except most people in the crypto space were saying we needed a correction before busting through the ATH. Technically it was a $3,300 drop if you bought the very top. In percentage terms that is 17%. So we went up 80% in 7 weeks and only dropped 17% if you bought the top. :roll:

Another way of saying it would be: we fell back to prices that we haven't seen since.....10 days ago.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Nov 26, 2020

tdtwedt wrote:Image

tdtwedt,
What do you want? Do you want the Crypto forum to disappear from BullionStacker? What would make you happy when it comes to BTC, etc.?

Sincerely,
Doug

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

shinnosuke wrote:tdtwedt,
What do you want? Do you want the Crypto forum to disappear from BullionStacker? What would make you happy when it comes to BTC, etc.?

Sincerely,
Doug

Should a forum be only in favor of Crypto. How come alternative views are not allowed to be expressed?

I believe everyone should have an opinion even if I don't agree with it. I don't agree with any speech police.

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

tdtwedt wrote:

Sincerely,
Doug

Should a forum be only in favor of Crypto. How come alternative views are not allowed to be expressed?

I believe everyone should have an opinion even if I don't agree with it. I don't agree with any speech police.

Why so defensive? I didn't say you cannot express alternative views. You should ask yourself why you immediately took the position of the victim.

Everyone can have an opinion, but should every opinion be expressed ad nauseum without making a contribution to the discussion at hand? For example, your juvenile pump and dump illustration does what for this conversation? The y-axis, by the way, says what? The y-axis names which cryptocurrency? That illustration could apply to pork bellies or Exxon stock or even sovereign currencies so it's essentially meaningless to the topic of gold vs. BTC.

I asked you what you wanted and signed off with "sincerely," but you only got offended. I suggest you take a break from the Crypto forum until you can share why you feel such a keen desire to grind your axe here.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

I am not offended.

I never complain to you or anyone about any post on BS.

Who is complaining to you about my posts?

If I believe in metals over crypto then that is my opinion. My opinion is that crypto is a scam.

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

tdtwedt wrote:I am not offended.

If I believe in metals over crypto then that is my opinion. My opinion is that crypto is a scam.

Again, why so defensive? I did not accuse you of complaining.

Not a single person has complained to me about your posts either. I took it upon myself to point out to you how tedious your anti-crypto posts have become. I further note that you did not attempt to respond to my non-rhetorical questions. That is not a good way to have a conversation.

You are certainly welcome to prefer metals over crypto and to hold the opinion that crypto is a scam. What you are not welcome to do is troll a forum without making a contribution to it. The participants in the Crypto forum are adults. They are quite capable of making decisions regarding the merits and/or pitfalls of cryptocurrencies without your constant trolling so give it a break, please.

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Thu Nov 26, 2020

tdtwedt wrote:

Sincerely,
Doug

Why not try posting your personal views then? All I see you posting are links. It’s good to have many opinions but you don’t seem to share yours.

You posted an article referencing a $3k drop. I don’t even consider this as a “negative” view. It’s like pointing out a normal occurance.

I’m sure you have money in the stock market in some capacity, and your portfolio probably fluctuates also. Is it news every time your balance shifts?

Mercuryman
Silver Supporter

Postby Mercuryman » Thu Nov 26, 2020

shinnosuke wrote:
tdtwedt wrote:I am not offended.

Again, why so defensive? I did not accuse you of complaining.

Not a single person has complained to me about your posts either. I took it upon myself to point out to you how tedious your anti-crypto posts have become. I further note that you did not attempt to respond to my non-rhetorical questions. That is not a good way to have a conversation.

You are certainly welcome to prefer metals over crypto and to hold the opinion that crypto is a scam. What you are not welcome to do is troll a forum without making a contribution to it. The participants in the Crypto forum are adults. They are quite capable of making decisions regarding the merits and/or pitfalls of cryptocurrencies without your constant trolling so give it a break, please.

I have no dog in this fight but as a third party I will address it.

0_O I have to ask... how is he trolling? The title of the forum thread is gold vs bitcoin. He is linking articles to gold which clearly indicate his opinion. We are on a bullion forum, what do you expect? As to the "why so defensive?" You called him out, what do you expect him to do?
ImageImage
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”