Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Rik Bitter
Gold Supporter

Re: Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Postby Rik Bitter » Sat Sep 12, 2020

Bucketeer wrote:
Rik Bitter wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:Coinesk: First Mover: As Bitcoin Falls for Second Day, Long-Term Holders Probably Won’t Care.
https://www.coindesk.com/first-mover-bitcoin-falls-holders-probably-wont-care-winklevoss-asteroids

Disagree. Holders likely bought since it was on sale for 8% off. I know I did.

HODLers don't check the price daily that DCA probably don't check either. We believe we will win, so why bother?

Traders and newbies always check about the price. HODLers care about the size of their position and the general market outlook.

The true HODLers are the strong hands in Bitcoin. Everybody else is weak money.

HODLers are the believers in Bitcoin. Everybody else are just running scared. I refuse to sell if it drops to zero. I'm not alone either.

I DCA $100 per week with Gemini. I couldn't tell you how much I've got, because I don't need it and I don't care.

You hold your way and I'll hold mine Boss.
***Looking for YPS prototypes/test run/commission pieces***
Also any pieces with serial #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any of these for sale.

ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Sep 12, 2020

Bucketeer wrote:HODLers don't check the price daily that DCA probably don't check either. We believe we will win, so why bother?

Traders and newbies always check about the price. HODLers care about the size of their position and the general market outlook.

The true HODLers are the strong hands in Bitcoin. Everybody else is weak money.

HODLers are the believers in Bitcoin. Everybody else are just running scared. I refuse to sell if it drops to zero. I'm not alone either.

I DCA $100 per week with Gemini. I couldn't tell you how much I've got, because I don't need it and I don't care.

Rik Bitter wrote:You hold your way and I'll hold mine Boss.

I've gotta agree with Rik on this one. I consider myself a strong Hodl'er but I am very attuned to the market. That is how I'm able to snag screaming deals....like bitcoin being sold at a 50% discount during the March crash. That way, I can put in my largest buys at the cheapest prices, and I know when bitcoin is in short term bubble territory. It's a learning curve for sure; especially trying to keep one's emotions out of it during peaks and troughs.

I wouldn't worry about bitcoin dropping to zero, that's not happening. If you are DCA'ing on a weekly basis, the historical best day to be buying bitcoin is on Monday's.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Sep 14, 2020

YouTube: Bitcoin cannot be banned. (19:03)

Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Don't let Apple turn 2020 into 1984.
https://tinyurl.com/y4hdgd7a

If Steve Jobs was still alive, he would have fired Tim Cook 2 years ago.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Sep 24, 2020

Three Iranian Power Plants Will Soon Be Mining Bitcoin

Three major power plants in Iran will soon offer their energy outputs exclusively for Bitcoin mining, the country’s Thermal Power Plant Holding Company (TPPH) announced on Monday, as per a report on local news outlet Tehran Times.

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/three- ... ng-bitcoin
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”