Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Preludedude

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Preludedude » Wed Apr 10, 2019

Yes all 3 versions are empty with no transaction history.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Apr 10, 2019

Preludedude wrote:Yes all 3 versions are empty with no transaction history.

Log into the Discord or Telegram and request some assistance. Or you can email them here: support@DECENT.bet

https://decent.bet/contact/

Preludedude

So do you create a new session password every time you log in? So is it just the passphrase you need to acces your wallet? You no longer have a permanent password?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Preludedude wrote:So do you create a new session password every time you log in? So is it just the passphrase you need to acces your wallet? You no longer have a permanent password?

I think you are correct. But I use the same session password every time. And I think I need to enter that password any time I'm doing a transaction inside the wallet. The passphrase unlocks the wallet though.

Preludedude

SilverDoge wrote:
Preludedude wrote:So do you create a new session password every time you log in? So is it just the passphrase you need to acces your wallet? You no longer have a permanent password?

I think you are correct. But I use the same session password every time. And I think I need to enter that password any time I'm doing a transaction inside the wallet. The passphrase unlocks the wallet though.

Support hasn't been any help. They keep insisting I've created multiple wallets

I wrote down my 12 word passphrase when I first made my wallet. I've always used it.

My laptop breaks. I download the wallet onto a new laptop. And now when I log in with the same exact 12 word passphrase, my wallet is empty.

Crypto is ridiculous.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Preludedude wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

Support hasn't been any help. They keep insisting I've created multiple wallets

I wrote down my 12 word passphrase when I first made my wallet. I've always used it.

My laptop breaks. I download the wallet onto a new laptop. And now when I log in with the same exact 12 word passphrase, my wallet is empty.

Crypto is ridiculous.

What support did you go to? Telegram? Who was assisting you?

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Thu Apr 11, 2019

I emailed decentbet support directly.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Apr 11, 2019

Preludedude wrote:I emailed decentbet support directly.

I would try going to their Discord channel directly.

Preludedude

So when i use my original 12 word phrase, the public address in the wallet is DIFFERENT than the address I sent my tokens to from the exchange....

Ive only EVER had 1 12word phrase, and it always worked...

Now that I re-downloaded the wallet onto a different computer, the login takes me to a different public address.

Support showed me my tokens were still in the wallet by looking at Etherscan..

They are insisting I have 2 wallets...Ive only ever used 1 DBET wallet downloaded to my desktop...

I am beginning to hate this...I literally have a deadline to figure this out and upgrade my tokens or they are gone forever....

What a joke this has become...

Preludedude

Well. After the 20th time logging in, the tokens are actually showing in there under the version 2

So now I'm doing the upgrade.

What a panic I was in. Why in the world was my login taking me to a different public address? But now it's taking me to the correct one.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Apr 11, 2019

Preludedude wrote:Well. After the 20th time logging in, the tokens are actually showing in there under the version 2

So now I'm doing the upgrade.

What a panic I was in. Why in the world was my login taking me to a different public address? But now it's taking me to the correct one.

Glad to hear you found it. I was consulting with a tech right as you said you got it working.

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Thu Apr 11, 2019

AuAgJohn wrote:
Preludedude wrote:So i need to upgrade my tokens before I lose them. I'm dreading this process

I dont even have a wallet downloaded since I broke my laptop.

I need to download the wallet, access my tokens, and then do the upgrade.

Just another reason you can't simply "hodl" because if you truly did, your tokens would be obsolete eventually.

Let me know how it goes, I need to do this too.

So there is another upgrade pending? I haven’t seen any emails regarding this. I think mine are currently stored in MEW.
What is the deadline for converting?

Preludedude

Upgrade is until may20.2019. Then any v1/v2 tokens will be lost. You have to upgrade to V3...

Preludedude

So I transferred 0.03 ETH to do the upgrade. It took 5 minutes. Pretty simple.

Now I just hope I don't have login issues again in the future.

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Mon Apr 15, 2019

It's been a while since I've logged into my wallets and it took me a few minutes to find my DBET tokens. They are currently stored on MEW so I'm assuming I have to send them back to the DBET wallet to convert. Also found the new MEW configuration confusing. HODLing isn't so easy.

gramcracker
Turtle Supporter

Postby gramcracker » Mon Apr 15, 2019

CaptainW wrote:It's been a while since I've logged into my wallets and it took me a few minutes to find my DBET tokens. They are currently stored on MEW so I'm assuming I have to send them back to the DBET wallet to convert. Also found the new MEW configuration confusing. HODLing isn't so easy.

Agreed. I am finding hodling anything difficult with everything due to constant changes required of users.
Everything in moderation, especially moderation.

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Tue Apr 16, 2019

gramcracker wrote:
CaptainW wrote:It's been a while since I've logged into my wallets and it took me a few minutes to find my DBET tokens. They are currently stored on MEW so I'm assuming I have to send them back to the DBET wallet to convert. Also found the new MEW configuration confusing. HODLing isn't so easy.

Agreed. I am finding hodling anything difficult with everything due to constant changes required of users.

I would think they’d want to keep things simple so people aren’t discouraged but apparently that’s not considered. In this case I didn’t even get an email notification of the required upgrade. Just happened to see it posted in this thread.
Now that I know what I need to do, I can’t transfer the tokens from MEW. I keep getting a message saying “invalid info” when I try to send. Guess I’ll try a different Dbet wallet address to see if that works.

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Mon Apr 22, 2019

So I was finally able to get my tokens to the DBET wallet. Now I don't see the V3 option. I logged out and back in with no change. Is it possible the wallet is obsolete?

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”