Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Mar 04, 2019

MarketWatch: This pattern suggests bitcoin could be en route to $20,000, in one chart.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-pattern-suggests-bitcoin-could-be-en-route-to-20000-in-one-chart-2019-03-04
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.
Bitcoin: 1QC9tcPcA5R82CHr61BrkPgdh4fVmcCsgd

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Mar 06, 2019

Andreas proves again why he is the preeminent thinker in this space. (1:26 podcast)

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Mar 07, 2019

Hackernoon: The Intelligent Cryptocurrency Investor.
https://hackernoon.com/the-intelligent-cryptocurrency-investor-cecc131cd533

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Mar 09, 2019

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Mar 13, 2019

CCN: Bitcoin Could Plunge 50% with November-Like Dump amid Low Volatility: Analysts.
https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-could-plunge-50-with-november-like-dump-amid-low-volatility-analysts

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Mar 13, 2019

BEG: Dark Wallet: Private Bitcoin Web Wallet with Coin Mixing and Stealth Addresses.
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/dark-wallet/

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Mar 16, 2019

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Mar 20, 2019

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Mar 20, 2019

Bitcoin Volume Collapsed During Venezuelan Blackout

Bitcoin transactions in Venezuela collapsed earlier this month due to widespread electrical blackouts that paralyzed most of the country's 23 states.

During the massive power outage, weekly trade volumes on the P2P platform Localbitcoins showed that the number of transactions collapsed by as much as 40% in the week ending March 9. By March 13, transaction volumes started to form a v-shape recovery as power was slowly turned on.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... n-blackout
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Mar 21, 2019

Scatter ye trolls

You stated Bitcoin is going to a $1 in my Bitcoin contest. Want to bet $500 or 20 oz of silver that you are wrong? I'm ready and willing, are you?

Do you seriously think Bitcoin is going to a $1?

Bitcoinist: BINANCE OPENS ‘NEW’ CASH-FOR-CRYPTO SERVICE IN AUSTRALIA (THAT ALREADY EXISTED NOW THEY HAVE 1300 PLACES TO PURCHASE BITCOIN,including the Australian Mail System.
https://bitcoinist.com/australia-binance-newsagent-bitcoin/

A company is launching Bitcoin satellites, All you need is a solar charger and a cellphone. No grid needed.

Do not email me....put your answer in this topic. Don't be a little troll bit*h. MAN-UP OR SHUT-UP.

Switzerland has over 500 locations to buy Bitcoin at there rail system. There are many money exchanges in Japan and Korea. Right turn Clyde.

: shots fired :

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Mar 22, 2019

Majority of bitcoin trading is a hoax, new study finds

•Ninety five percent of spot bitcoin trading volume is faked by unregulated exchanges, according to a study from Bitwise this week.

•The firm analyzed the top 81 crypto exchanges by volume on industry site CoinMarketCap.com. They report an aggregated $6 billion in average daily bitcoin volume. The study finds that only $273 million of that is legitimate.

•"People looked at cryptocurrency and said this market is a mess, that's because they were looking at data that was manipulated," says Matthew Hougan, global head of research at Bitwise.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/majorit ... finds.html

:pop:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Mar 23, 2019

tdtwedt wrote:Majority of bitcoin trading is a hoax, new study finds

•Ninety five percent of spot bitcoin trading volume is faked by unregulated exchanges, according to a study from Bitwise this week.

•The firm analyzed the top 81 crypto exchanges by volume on industry site CoinMarketCap.com. They report an aggregated $6 billion in average daily bitcoin volume. The study finds that only $273 million of that is legitimate.

•"People looked at cryptocurrency and said this market is a mess, that's because they were looking at data that was manipulated," says Matthew Hougan, global head of research at Bitwise.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/majorit ... finds.html

:pop:

This isn't really news. It is one of those open secrets that wash trading is happening all over the place in unregulated markets/exchanges. Why? Because people want high volume exchanges to ensure they can buy or sell at the best prices so these unregulated exchanges fake the volume to attract users. Another reason to use regulated exchanges (Coinbase) and not be a day trader.

How much real gold is sold daily versus the paper (fake) markets? 5%? Is it really that different?

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Mar 26, 2019

Bucketeer wrote:Scatter ye trolls

You stated Bitcoin is going to a $1 in my Bitcoin contest. Want to bet $500 or 20 oz of silver that you are wrong? I'm ready and willing, are you?

Bitcoinist: BINANCE OPENS ‘NEW’ CASH-FOR-CRYPTO SERVICE IN AUSTRALIA (THAT ALREADY EXISTED NOW THEY HAVE 1300 PLACES TO PURCHASE BITCOIN,including the Australian Mail System.

A company is launching Bitcoin satellites, All you need is a solar charger and a cellphone. No grid needed.

Do not email me....put your answer in this topic. Don't be a little troll bit*h. MAN-UP OR SHUT-UP.

Switzerland has over 500 locations to buy Bitcoin at there rail system. There are many money exchanges in Japan and Korea. Right turn Clyde.

I (and I am sure others) are awaiting your reply to my offer. Since you have yet to take my wager, are you willing to submit a counter-wager at lower amount?

No matter what - you're going to lose.

$1 Bhwahahahahaaaaa LMFAOROTF

SilverBandit22

Postby SilverBandit22 » Tue Mar 26, 2019

Bucketeer wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:Scatter ye trolls

I (and I am sure others) are awaiting your reply to my offer. Since you have yet to take my wager, are you willing to submit a counter-wager at lower amount?

No matter what - you're going to lose.

$1 Bhwahahahahaaaaa LMFAOROTF

Out of curiosity, what would the bet be? Because betting it’s going to exactly $1 at the exact end of the year should have much better odds then +100.

Edit for weird posting, looks better now.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Mar 27, 2019

SilverBandit22 wrote:Out of curiosity, what would the bet be? Because betting it’s going to exactly $1 at the exact end of the year should have much better odds then +100.

Edit for weird posting, looks better now.

Thank your for your post, because it has caused me to seriously rethink my original offer. After much consideration, here is my current offer to twtwedt.

twtwedt, you come in this topic all the time and take potshots at Bitcoin. You're like a liberal journalist, all opinions, no facts, and not willing to stand behind your statements. Your last famous quote was "Bitcoin dropped". It revalued within 4 days. All of us HODLers had a good chuckle. You didn't mention that, did you?

You've publicly stated that Bitcoin will be $1.00 on 12/31/2019. I challenger your offer with the following wager.

I will accept your bet of $1.00 per Bitcoin, and my bid is $2.00 or more for Bitcoin. The maximum bid is $20, or 1 oz of .999 silver, preferably paid in Engelhard, JM, or National. That's what I'm willing to pay with, and I'll accept what whatever nasty scarred-up round or dated art-bar you wish to send.

Over/under $1.50 per Bitcoin determines the winner.

The final price is based on CoinbasePro @ 2359:00 @ 12/31/2019.

==============================================================================

At $15.39 silver, are you willing to bet 1 ounce against me. You come in this topic all the time and troll your messages. Are you MAN ENOUGH to risk $20 or less?

If you don't accept a $20 wager, you have totally shown your azz, and your reputation here is shot. Go home and stay out of here.

Accept my offer, or go away and troll your other topics on Bullion Stacker.

The ball is in your court. I urge you to accept my offer, if only to account for your respectability.

If you do not accept this offer, I will re-post this message after every-time you post here in the future.

I respect your opinion. Sometimes it gives me reasons to re-think my opinion, and I do respect that.

Bitcoin has many flaws. But if you want to play your flute every-time Bitcoin jumps, drops, or has bad news, this message will be posted with a true correction and re-newed, including the number of times that you have posted since today.

You have many followers on this topic awaiting your reply. I want you to accept my offer, just to keep you in the game, since you such such an easy target.

Tom (BTC $3983 - Kitco )

3:38 AM
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 (EDT)
Time in Tavares, FL

: multiple shots fired :
: the radio is tuned and active :
: your decision is totally yours :
: choose wisely :
Last edited by Bucketeer on Wed Mar 27, 2019, edited 4 times in total.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

It's Moving Up The Charts!

This is Bucketeer Bear, live from KTLA! Spinning the hits to tdtwedt and all of you haters out there!

Last edited by Bucketeer on Wed Mar 27, 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

One last comment......I've got so much ammunition against your posts, you might as well find a new topic for walking your dog. Don't forget your poop-scoop gloves. After picking up your dog crap, hopefully you will discover a treasury of data to study, plus some cool music intros. (I've got a bunch, just waiting to be uploaded).

Go bother the gold bugs. I say that you are doomed in Bitcoin unless you catch a lucky low buy and grab one. Satoshi said "you will only need to own one".

$2500 is a possibility. That's way lower than we HODLers expect, but we have dry power and laugh at children like you.

Just to be clear....I'm am old time silver buyer from the early 70's. I've been HODLing all along in metals and cryptos because I don't need the cash. I'm here to watch, comment, play the game, have fun, and build my assets.

Thanks again for making my day!

The crappies and bream are running hard down here, time to get the boat ready to launch. Go to work and have a nice day supporting my retirement.

Anybody coming to Orlando, mail me. I'm 40 miles NW of OIA, and lunch is on me.

I'm 45 minutes inland from I-75, take exit 44W at Wildwood and head inland (east).

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Mar 29, 2019

CCN: Bitcoin Price Escaped Bear Market 3 Months Ago: Analyst.
https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-price-escaped-bear-market-3-months-ago-analyst

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Mar 31, 2019

Daily HODL: Why Do People Really Buy Bitcoin?
https://dailyhodl.com/2019/03/30/why-do-people-really-buy-bitcoin/

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Mar 31, 2019

NewsBTC: Canadian Oil Companies are [Somehow] Mining Bitcoin: the Next Big Trend?
https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/03/29/bitcoin-the-unlikely-product-of-a-canadian-oil-mining-operation/

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”