Alt-Coins

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby silverpv » Fri Aug 11, 2017

Fabio wrote:
silverpv wrote:Cool.. keep us updated.. would love to hear how this progresses.

She's up and running on Kraken, needs fine tuning of the code, here's what my partner sent:

"We're up about 1.7% today with Slow SAR. There are more bugs to fix, but making progress. Right now it's only using a very tiny amount of the ETH/cash I have available due to rounding errors in the framework. Our programmer says it's an easy fix, and this will get better since he's no longer sticking with the framework code and branched off for his own

It's a start. So, I'm getting a bunch of nonce errors, which means the script is out of sync with the server and gets confused. Once that's correct, we should see more consistency."

Edit - so my partner's computer has been crashing, on the other hand our programmer's computer was up and using the latest script, he is up 11% in 3 days. If this bot can do that consistently, I'm rich!!! haha

Thanks for the update! Good luck with it. You might want to get a dedicated machine for this if you're having problems. I just picked up a Mac mini for $415 to run all my nodes and bots at home. You'll need something reliable and isolated. My main desktop uses too much power and is mining. I tried to put it on my laptop but node data is too large for wallets. So unless you run a light client. I'm starting to think if you have serious $, a dedicated wallet CPU is useful. It wasn't that much more expensive than what some people were paying for ledgers. Since it's headless it can remain relatively isolated and secure

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Aug 11, 2017

silverpv wrote:[ I tried to put it on my laptop but node data is too large for wallets.

You're not kidding. I briefly looked into a Bitcoin Cash wallet before the fork, but it needed more than 100 GB of space for the entire fluffing Bitcoin blockchain. More free space than either of my laptops possess.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri Aug 11, 2017

Long John wrote:
silverpv wrote:[ I tried to put it on my laptop but node data is too large for wallets.

You're not kidding. I briefly looked into a Bitcoin Cash wallet before the fork, but it needed more than 100 GB of space for the entire fluffing Bitcoin blockchain. More free space than either of my laptops possess.

If you combine that with ethereum and neo wallets it's quite big and constantly working. My laptop was a bit warm and constantly draining my battery. Definitely not kidding. If you don't want to run a full node the. You're trusting someone else to do the confirmations and you also submit your ip and wallet data. So if you want privacy for large amounts it's better. The only reason I considered doing it this way. Cold , warm, and hot storage. Plus on your laptop you don't always want to carry the full balance with you.

Altima

Postby Altima » Fri Aug 11, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Don't look now, but CDT (CoinDash) the ICO that was initially hacked on their website when they first debuted with their token sale, is now up over 3 x ICO price. There are 3 bonus periods for people who hold without trading anything in the first 3/6/9 months. We'll see how long I can hold out.

:pop:

Hmm, would it be wrong for me to fathom a guess that price might dip once those 3/6/9 months come up?

Get the bonus, and GTFO.
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Aug 12, 2017

Most alts can't keep up with BTC this morning. CMC up to $132 billion. I'm glad to have been transacting in BTC this week, but with the weekend here I'm starting to think about USDT to lock in the gains on the exchange. Would hate to miss a run up to $4K, though. Maybe move some more off the exchange so I won't be tempted!

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Bitfinex is giving Americans the heave-ho. Foreign-based ICOs were already doing this. I wonder how many exchanges not based in the U.S. will do this.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/breaking ... -customers

Altima

Postby Altima » Sat Aug 12, 2017

Long John wrote:Bitfinex is giving Americans the heave-ho. Foreign-based ICOs were already doing this. I wonder how many exchanges not based in the U.S. will do this.

Real strange. It makes it seem as if sooner or later, US residents won't be able to trade cryptos :?
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Altima wrote:
Long John wrote:Bitfinex is giving Americans the heave-ho. Foreign-based ICOs were already doing this. I wonder how many exchanges not based in the U.S. will do this.

Real strange. It makes it seem as if sooner or later, US residents won't be able to trade cryptos :?

We'll find a way. Friends in Canada, Singapore, etc. :thumbup:

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Sat Aug 12, 2017

Long John wrote:
We'll find a way. Friends in Canada, Singapore, etc. :thumbup:

Shhhh :shh:

Altima

Postby Altima » Sat Aug 12, 2017

Hey wait a minute, that's me! :lol:

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sat Aug 12, 2017

Altima wrote:Hey wait a minute, that's me! :lol:

Yep! I remember you. :lol:
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Charlie's close enough to Canada that Bitfinex would let him stay.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Long John wrote:Charlie's close enough to Canada that Bitfinex would let him stay.

You know I was thinking about that. If I just cross the border to do my buying in Canada then it may work. Just buy one of those internet cards (Like phone cards) if they have any, do my ordering and selling in Canada which is only about 3-4 hrs away. Might work. :lol:

Image Image Image

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Sat Aug 12, 2017

Don't worry, I'll do all your buying and selling ... of course at ridiculously high commissions ;)

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Fabio wrote:Don't worry, I'll do all your buying and selling ... of course at ridiculously high commissions ;)

Sorry Fabio, I need someone on the East Coast just in case I have to go looking for them. :lol:

Image Image Image

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Sat Aug 12, 2017

Thinking of selling all my shjt coins and starting from scratch. My best performing coin is down about 60%, worst one is down 85% :thumbdown:

Timing is everything. Mine is usually off. Perhaps I will do better at the next go around
LOOKING FOR YPS #12 BARS TO COMPLETE A COLLECTION!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY - I HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY OR CAN BUY OUT RIGHT.

ImageImage Image

Long John
Turtle Supporter

bigjohn wrote:Thinking of selling all my shjt coins and starting from scratch. My best performing coin is down about 60%, worst one is down 85% :thumbdown:

Timing is everything. Mine is usually off. Perhaps I will do better at the next go around

Ignore ICOs. Stick to high-volume currencies, and not too many of them (and not Ripple). Wait and buy when the market as a whole has taken a bad turn, even though new people generally arrive anxious to buy when the market is booming, so it seems counter-intuitive. Hold on to the most promising of your shitcoins, jettitson the rest and drink a cold one to their memory. They represent a learning experience. Above all, don't listen to me.

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Postby silverbender » Sat Aug 12, 2017

Just when I was going to post a new thread,you put a pause in my step lol
Timing is everything :thumbup:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Bitcoin reached $4,000! Of course most of the alts are red against BTC. But it doesn't necessarily mean they're tanking, they may be holding steady against the dollar but just can't match BTC's wild pace.

Also, however, people are selling some of their alts so they can have more BTC, even a small amount.

BTC against USDT peaked (so far) at $4050. But that was a long candle wick that did not catch my sell order. Too many other $4K sell orders were ahead of me before the small $4000+ buys were exhausted. I did sell half of my BTC on Bittrex at $3977, which is bonkers enough for me. I feel like there will be a lot of profit-taking overnight and wanted to salt some away in USDT as a hedge. I could be wrong, which the other half of my BTC will like just fine.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Aug 13, 2017

Market has dropped $4 billion since last night. That was some wild spending, perhaps this is just some routine profit-taking.

Return to “Bitcoin”