Alt-Coin PIVX

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin PIVX

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Apr 19, 2017

I don't particularly endorse this method, but some people use this online wallet software:

https://poswallet.com/

This pools your PIV for staking. Perhaps if you have less than 1,000 PIV, or if you don't have a computer available to stake regularly it might make sense.

Remember though, you don't control your PIV if they are in that online wallet.
ImageImageImage
Proverbs 21:19-20 Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife. The wise store up choice food and olive oil, but fools gulp theirs down.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Hard to disagree with Heidi:

ImageImageImage
Proverbs 21:19-20 Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife. The wise store up choice food and olive oil, but fools gulp theirs down.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

There will be an interview with the PIVX co-founders. If you'd like to ask a question of the team, either enter it here and I can put it in there for you, or just logon and ask yourself. Time limit here of 5-6 days.

https://forum.pivx.org/t/interview-with ... unders/838
ImageImageImage

AuAgJohn

Postby AuAgJohn » Wed Apr 19, 2017

149,999 will the 150k support line hold overnight??

SoaringEagle

Postby SoaringEagle » Thu Apr 20, 2017

I picked up some PIVX last night for about $1.90 each. Happy that I am holding some but hope this downtrend lasts until the majority of my BTC gets to the exchange so can buy more! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that PIVX is down a bit and you all might want to buy the dip! :thumbup:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Apr 20, 2017

SoaringEagle wrote:I picked up some PIVX last night for about $1.90 each. Happy that I am holding some but hope this downtrend lasts until the majority of my BTC gets to the exchange so can buy more! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that PIVX is down a bit and you all might want to buy the dip! :thumbup:

I noticed, and I am in the same position. I *almost* decided to hold off a day.

SoaringEagle

Postby SoaringEagle » Thu Apr 20, 2017

It still counts as DCA if you buy some everyday right? :P

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Apr 21, 2017

If anybody needs a good ole fashioned PIVX hype video, get ready for 2 minutes of hype:

ImageImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Apr 21, 2017

AuAgJohn wrote:jakiman on the PIVX Slack posted this about optimizing staking. Does this make sense to our resident experts?

Here is Jakiman's text that went along with this graphic which I think as good advice: "This is to optimize the size of each input in hope to improve the chance of staking more consistently and frequently than having a single very large input or many dust sized inputs. Although 1000 is deemed optimal as of posting this, this can vary. So feel free to experiment with smaller (e.g. 100 or 500 etc) or larger (2000 or 3000 etc) input sizes. For those with less than 500, I recommend you to combine all the inputs by just sending all the inputs back to an address in single transfer without the use of the UTXO splitter to make it a single larger input. This may increase its chance at winning a block."

I agree with this advice and will continue to experiment around. In fact, I just got paid on a 1,200 PIV UTXO address with fewer confirmations than 2 other addresses with much more PIV on them. What a random lottery indeed.
ImageImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Apr 22, 2017

Here is an excellent snapshot chart of PIVX. The start of this chart is around 17MAR17 and ending at present - 22APR17. So just over a month long. We are currently in a consolidation sideways movement (slightly downward). We've been there before too, several times. PIVX has just been listed on a Chinese Exchange just recently as well.

Upcoming events:
PIVX will be listed on Livecoin.net within weeks
PIVX reward block halving will occur on 18MAY for the final time, therefore coin emission rate decreases 50%
17 coins will be de-listed on Poloniex (making room for others?)
During this timeframe, the user community on Slack has grown from about 300 to 4,000 and continues growing

So which way will PIVX break out of this consolidation? I leave it to the reader to make the call.

PIVX chart.png
PIVX chart.png (99.77 KiB) Viewed 134 times
ImageImageImage

Altima

Postby Altima » Sat Apr 22, 2017

Buy the dips. :shh:
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:Poloniex announced it will remove 17 crypto coins from its exchange on May 2. Poor performance, lack of interest, or both. Wanna bet PIVX will be one of the new ones added?

It looks like somebody had insider info on these coins being de-listed. Not a good look for Poloniex. Maybe this will help Bittrex overall volume? Between the Ripple (XRP) catastrophe and this insider-trading BS, Polo is not helping itself.

https://coinidol.com/suspicion-of-insid ... -poloniex/
ImageImageImage

Altima

Postby Altima » Sat Apr 22, 2017

Wow, not surprising as someone with that kind of information can easily short all the coins and make a quick profit. I like some features found on Polo so I hope they look into this matter seriously.
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Apr 22, 2017

Likewise, what's to stop the decision-makers at Polo (or anywhere else, for that matter) from loading up on an unlisted coin, listing it, and selling after it takes off?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:Likewise, what's to stop the decision-makers at Polo (or anywhere else, for that matter) from loading up on an unlisted coin, listing it, and selling after it takes off?

Basically nothing. This happens with the stock market too, you just don't notice it as much because volume is significantly higher.

But guess what, we can do the same thing. We know they will list PIVX eventually (unless they have some personal vendetta against the coin that I'm unaware of) so basically we have the same advantage right now.
ImageImageImage

Long John
Turtle Supporter

SilverDoge wrote:We know they will list PIVX eventually (unless they have some personal vendetta against the coin that I'm unaware of) so basically we have the same advantage right now.

The conspiracy theory is that Dash is pressuring Polo to keep PIVX out. Can't imagine what Polo's incentive would be to please Dash to that extent, though.

Seems like today is a buying opp.

rahbii

Postby rahbii » Sat Apr 22, 2017

My thoughts are that Dash and Pivx are too similar. Perhaps a conflict of interest?
Image Image Image
"So say we all"

Long John
Turtle Supporter

rahbii wrote:My thoughts are that Dash and Pivx are too similar. Perhaps a conflict of interest?

I'm sure Evan Duffield and his successor at Dash, Ryan Taylor, see PIVX as a conflict. :lol:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Long John wrote:
rahbii wrote:My thoughts are that Dash and Pivx are too similar. Perhaps a conflict of interest?

I'm sure Evan Duffield and his successor at Dash, Ryan Taylor, see PIVX as a conflict. :lol:

There really is enough room in crypto for everybody. It just depends how one wants to govern and what one values.

Dash, governs via MN only, with the instamine folks (Evan and whale friends) owning a bunch of MNs. They want to be the social media payment system with Dash Evolution. Ok, fair enough. But that system is too centralized and not private enough. It never has an actual chance to take down the elite banking cartels as a currency.

PIVX at least has a chance for a future like that. With decentralization, complete privacy and a governance system that will be all-inclusive to any/all owners of PIVX.

I really doubt Dash is paying anyone at Polo to keep PIVX off the exchange. PIVX really is quite new, since the rebrand on 01MAR17, and has moved up considerably in market capitalization very quickly. It will be added soon enough.
ImageImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

If you were waiting on a nice dip for a PIVX buy... then I hope you have your BTC ready to go. It's time to jump.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Bitcoin”